The Greenock Galacticos v The Brechin Bumpkins, 24th March 2018 - The Final Insult

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There has been that many away games recently I have to find where I have stashed that  fecking season ticket.

Hope the boys were given a extra day off this week and are all up for the run-in.

As Dunfermline have a better goal difference need a few 3-0ings and this would be a good place to start.

Been to the hedge twice this season and I think that will do me for a few years enjoy getting back to winning ways once you land back in the seaside leagues. 

And so the onus falls on Morton to send the glorified village social club back to the seaside leagues, never to return. Delicious. 

Just remember that we have the bar in the ground once Morton's defining and characteristic league cyclicity inevitably brings you back for your millionth visit. [emoji6]

4 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Just remember that we have the bar in the ground once Morton's defining and characteristic league cyclicity inevitably brings you back for your millionth visit. emoji6.png

Don't hold your breath for that happening anytime soon.

I've seen teams that have made a far better fist of competing in this division than yourselves (Dumbarton in '96, us in '01, Clyde in '09 and Cowdenbeath in '15) fall straight through to consecutive relegations.

I suspect, and hope the same will happen to yourselves, given the way you've made a mockery of the competition this season. Even if we're relegated from the Championship next season, I shouldn't imagine Brechin will be one of the outposts we'll have the misfortune of visiting.

Don't hold your breath for that happening anytime soon.
I've seen teams that have made a far better fist of competing in this division than yourselves (Dumbarton in '96, us in '01, Clyde in '09 and Cowdenbeath in '15) fall straight through to consecutive relegations.
I suspect, and hope the same will happen to yourselves, given the way you've made a mockery of the competition this season. Even if we're relegated from the Championship next season, I shouldn't imagine Brechin will be one of the outposts we'll have the misfortune of visiting.

Aye we re shite but we ve never had 10 put against us in recent years
Thought Cowboy MacCormack was back that day . Took the lads to the bookies prior to game .

4 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

Aye we re shite but we ve never had 10 put against us in recent years
Thought Cowboy MacCormack was back that day . Took the lads to the bookies prior to game .

I suppose you can find solace the fact that you've not yet suffered such a humiliating defeat in the manner of a team that achieved 22 more points than your current measly total and returned within a year when you're getting pumped at Links Park next season.

It's entertaining, but equally ridiculous, how a village social club can rile one particular group of galacticos up so much over such a long period of time, simply by frequently sharing a league with them (although escaping the seaside leagues at their expense one year may have thrown fuel to the fire tbf). The OP had us listed in his 'Top 5 Most Hated Teams of All Time' ffs. [emoji38]

200.gif

I suppose you can find solace the fact that you've not yet suffered such a humiliating defeat in the manner of a team that achieved 22 more points than your current measly total and returned within a year when you're getting pumped at Links Park next season.

Our seasons going as we all thought it would I expected a few 6 s n 7s by now and I dare say they ll be coming soon possibly Saturday .
The same will happen to you guys should you do well in Play Offs and make Premier League just mind that .

Not sure why you're saying "we all" when it's fairly evident on here that many Brechin supporters did NOT expect to get to this point and not have won a game. No team should ever expect to not win a game in a season, but that's looking like a very realistic outcome.

As for my feelings on Brechin, they only really come down to this. They're shit, and we need to be humping them. The teams around us will do so, and with a lot of teams being close together at the moment, we need to be doing the same.

There was a point where most teams in this division would have good reason at dropping points against them, and once relegation is confirmed, might still be a realistic worry, but until that point, I don't think any points will be dropped to them.

1 minute ago, CITY1974 said:

Our seasons going as we all thought it would I expected a few 6 s n 7s by now and I dare say they ll be coming soon possibly Saturday .
The same will happen to you guys should you do well in Play Offs and make Premier League just mind that .

Doubtful.

Think I'm right in saying that you're on course to have the worst record of any club in Scottish League history. You are the exception- not the rule. Teams getting promoted from fourth in the league below appears pretty rare, but certainly Partick Thistle in 2007 and Airdrie in 2013 (even after being flung into the league at the last minute when Rangers died) have made a far better fist of it than yourselves, whilst part time teams like Alloa, Cowdenbeath and Dumbarton have also done a far better job in this predominantly full time league than yourselves.

I'd expect we'd probably go down, but there's nothing to suggest it would be in such humiliating fashion as how your season has gone. The same applies to Dunfermline, Dundee United or Queen of the South if they come from fourth to win the play offs. You're clutching at straws to deflect from your own humiliation, sit down.

Not sure why you're saying "we all" when it's fairly evident on here that many Brechin supporters did NOT expect to get to this point and not have won a game. No team should ever expect to not win a game in a season, but that's looking like a very realistic outcome. As for my feelings on Brechin, they only really come down to this. They're shit...  

... There was a point where most teams in this division would have good reason at dropping points against them, and once relegation is confirmed, might still be a realistic worry, but until that point, I don't think any points will be dropped to them.

This part is fair enough, but I think his point was more about that we would have expected to have had a few proper humpings so far. The only team that has managed that so far this season is a full-strength Celtic side at Parkhead (5-0). There has been the rare 4, including your 4-1 win earlier, but that's it really.

Perhaps noting that the last team to drop points to us during this god awful rotten latter-half run (performance wise certainly, which has evidently plummeted) was, err... Morton. Both teams were rank that day though and we only just held on iirc.

Archived