The Greenock Galacticos v The Brechin Bumpkins, 24th March 2018 - The Final Insult

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it wasn't a classic it's fair to say. I thought Brechin were well organised and didn't lack effort. Don't know why the manager gets so much stick to be honest. I know results wise you could criticise but I've seen worse teams at Cappielow. 

Anyway, it's another 3 points in the bag and keeps us in the mix. Baird took his goals well and happy enough in the end up.   

5 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Well it wasn't a classic it's fair to say. I thought Brechin were well organised and didn't lack effort. Don't know why the manager gets so much stick to be honest. I know results wise you could criticise but I've seen worse teams at Cappielow. 

Anyway, it's another 3 points in the bag and keeps us in the mix. Baird took his goals well and happy enough in the end up.   

I’d assume not winning a game all season has something to do with it.

The goal that was chopped off was perfectly good. That could be important with ours and Dunfermlines goal differences so close.

3 minutes ago, GiGi said:

The goal that was chopped off was perfectly good. That could be important with ours and Dunfermlines goal differences so close.

We'll beat the Arabs 10-0 next weekend.

33 minutes ago, Pure Mental said:

The game was totally overshadowed by a Brechin fan having a bizarre meltdown at the front of the main stand.

That was the most entertaining thing that happened today. Started when the shed side linesman gave a clear offside and he went into a rage making a gesture moving his hand up and down to say “you weren’t even in line” or something. Then he spends the second part of the second half talking to the photographer below who is ignoring him, and at full time the jacket comes off and he is proudly showing off his Brechin City polo shirt to whoever would pay attention to him.

I really hope he posts on here. :lol: 

That was the most entertaining thing that happened today. Started when the shed side linesman gave a clear offside and he went into a rage making a gesture moving his hand up and down to say “you weren’t even in line” or something. Then he spends the second part of the second half talking to the photographer below who is ignoring him, and at full time the jacket comes off and he is proudly showing off his Brechin City polo shirt to whoever would pay attention to him.
I really hope he posts on here. [emoji38] 

Hmm well we all know who that is [emoji23]

1 hour ago, IainMorton said:

I really hope he posts on here. :lol: 

If it's who I think it is then this is a regular occurrence and can brighten up a dark day.  On one particular trip to Glebe Park (perhaps Gayfield) a mate of mine ended up laughing at the guy so much that I thought I might need to call for medical assistance.  The thing that set him off was the ref about to give Brechin a free kick, only to reverse his decision at the last season (this being after a series of small incidents that had the guy rather disgruntled).  This resulted in an indecipherable  minute long rant with a face as red as a Brechin shirt and I'm giggling away just thinking about it right now.  The word 'seething' doesn't come close to describing it.

Never thought I'd ever care so little about a relegation though.  7 games to go and a single win will now suffice...  pleeeaaaassssse!

23 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Never thought I'd ever care so little about a relegation though.  7 games to go and a single win will now suffice...  pleeeaaaassssse!

Now that the pressure is off (not that it was ever on...), what’s the chances of going on a winning run and finishing two points behind 9th place? :P 

I really hope he posts on here. [emoji38] 

He s one of The Undateables! ! A group of around 10 diehards. He s been signed off his work for around 10 years wee a bad back .
Couple years back we had nt won a game at start of season ( sounds familiar [emoji23][emoji23]) then up at Peterhead we scored a last minute winner to win 3 2. On match highlights Mr Bad Back is seen running and skipping behind the goals no sign of sore back that day [emoji23][emoji23].
He's actually been warned about his behaviour he got on the supporters bus at St Mirren punched a window and spay on the floor. ..

Archived