The Greenock Galacticos v The Brechin Bumpkins, 24th March 2018 - The Final Insult

It's natural to be shitting yourself when facing a team which is somehow still without a win at this point in the season, especially considering that we're one of the sides who've contrived to drop points to them already and the fact they've won at Cappielow every time we've shared a division in the last 20 years.

However, they're in that position for a reason and realistically if we fail to win this the only rational response is to sack everyone and recreate the Cappielow riot of 1922.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

It's entertaining, but equally ridiculous, how a village social club can rile one particular group of galacticos up so much over such a long period of time, simply by frequently sharing a league with them (although escaping the seaside leagues at their expense one year may have thrown fuel to the fire tbf). The OP had us listed in his 'Top 5 Most Hated Teams of All Time' ffs. emoji38.png

200.gif

^^^ word salad

Nobody is 'riled' by your pointless existence - we'll just take exquisite pleasure in sending you scudding down the divisions to the Highland League where you belong. Get doon. 

Doubtful.
Think I'm right in saying that you're on course to have the worst record of any club in Scottish League history. You are the exception- not the rule. Teams getting promoted from fourth in the league below appears pretty rare, but certainly Partick Thistle in 2007 and Airdrie in 2013 (even after being flung into the league at the last minute when Rangers died) have made a far better fist of it than yourselves, whilst part time teams like Alloa, Cowdenbeath and Dumbarton have also done a far better job in this predominantly full time league than yourselves.
I'd expect we'd probably go down, but there's nothing to suggest it would be in such humiliating fashion as how your season has gone. The same applies to Dunfermline, Dundee United or Queen of the South if they come from fourth to win the play offs. You're clutching at straws to deflect from your own humiliation, sit down.

I'm not in denial of how shite we are I ve seen 75 % of our games this year . And I m not actually having a go at Morton nothing against them at all. I d like to see a wee team like you guys get promoted .
We had far worse teams in the 60 s n 70 s but they always scraped a win or two .
Bottom line is our club could ve put itself in financial dire straits and make a go of staying up or balance the books and basically accept relegation before a BA was kicked . They ve chose the latter and stuck two fingers up to us fans .We ve just had to go along with it .And you know what there's not 1 game I ve watched I thought we shoulda won that .. Against you guys in the 1 1 game that's only one we ve probably stole a point others were deserved ..

32 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

I'm not in denial of how shite we are I ve seen 75 % of our games this year . And I m not actually having a go at Morton nothing against them at all. I d like to see a wee team like you guys get promoted .
We had far worse teams in the 60 s n 70 s but they always scraped a win or two .
Bottom line is our club could ve put itself in financial dire straits and make a go of staying up or balance the books and basically accept relegation before a BA was kicked . They ve chose the latter and stuck two fingers up to us fans .We ve just had to go along with it .And you know what there's not 1 game I ve watched I thought we shoulda won that .. Against you guys in the 1 1 game that's only one we ve probably stole a point others were deserved ..

You mean your club's stuck two fingers up to yourselves, the competition and the fans of other clubs who are effectively watching a 9 team league this season.

Now you've accepted that your club's basically not bothered trying to compete, and succeeded in that, would you care to elaborate on how, in the event of us sneaking up via the play offs this season, such a fate would befall Morton?

What is there to suggest that any other club would just not bother trying to compete over the course of an entire season?

You mean your club's stuck two fingers up to yourselves, the competition and the fans of other clubs who are effectively watching a 9 team league this season.
Now you've accepted that your club's basically not bothered trying to compete, and succeeded in that, would you care to elaborate on how, in the event of us sneaking up via the play offs this season, such a fate would befall Morton?
What is there to suggest that any other club would just not bother trying to compete over the course of an entire season?

Who in the Premier League would you fancy your chances against with current squad ? Dundee , Hamilton ?? are all streetwise .
I know you d win a few game s obviously but I guess you d find it a struggle like ours unless you threw money you don t have at it.
Plus Jim Duffy s experience would benefit you i suppose.
I okay I exaggerated.

Just now, CITY1974 said:

Who in the Premier League would you fancy your chances against with current squad ? Dundee , Hamilton ?? are all streetwise .
I know you d win a few game s obviously but I guess you d find it a struggle like ours unless you threw money you don t have at it.
Plus Jim Duffy s experience would benefit you i suppose.
I okay I exaggerated.

That's all I needed to read.

^^^ word salad
Nobody is 'riled' by your pointless existence.

Because a place not much larger than Houston (Renfs) has no issue accepting that we're never going to be a major force in Scotland and have the highest level we can realistically achieve within our means, not through lack of ambition? Pointless because we recently provided opportunities for the likes of Ryan Gauld and Michael O'Neill to kick-start their careers (whilst Morton settle for our Jim Duffy rejects in comparison)? That we give locals in this part of the country the opportunity to watch a senior team rather than watch them board a bus to Parkhead/Ibrox (they're not going to Montrose/Dens/Tannadice, are they) and contribute to the lack of competition at our top level? Seriously have a word with yourself.

Possibly the most tragic thing is that you've evidently developed a similar mentality to that of a banter years Sevconian (minus the bigotry of course); desperately trying to scrape some form of personal superiority over those with a fraction of the resources just to shine any form of light in the shadow of your superior runaway-league-leader local rivals, having seen nothing bar diddy seaside titles. Congratulations on becoming the very thing you've always hated whilst priding yourself on it.

Still, at least you're taking it well. 

I'm loving the idea that Brechin couldn't possibly do any better than what they've got, considering that there's  another part-time football club currently 23 points clear of you and playing in the final of a national (albeit diddy) cup final on Saturday. Arbroath would offer far more in your place from the same bumpkin county next season. You're not a plucky outfit punching above your weight - you've stank the place out and offered f**k all to the second tier as usual.

Get doon and keep plummeting in the seaside leagues. 

2 hours ago, Toby said:

I suppose you can find solace the fact that you've not yet suffered such a humiliating defeat in the manner of a team that achieved 22 more points than your current measly total and returned within a year when you're getting pumped at Links Park next season.

You seem such an angry person where does it all come from :angel

8 minutes ago, virginton said:

I'm loving the idea that Brechin couldn't possibly do any better than what they've got, considering that there's  another part-time football club currently 23 points clear of you and playing in the final of a national (albeit diddy) cup final on Saturday. Arbroath would offer far more in your place from the same bumpkin county next season. You're not a plucky outfit punching above your weight - you've stank the place out and offered f**k all to the second tier as usual.

Get doon and keep plummeting in the seaside leagues. 

Another angry person chillout don't worry not long now till the receivers are called in 

I'm loving the idea that Brechin couldn't possibly do any better than what they've got, considering that there's  another part-time football club currently 23 points clear of you and playing in the final of a national (albeit diddy) cup final on Saturday.

Ah, that treasured single higher place. Anyway, I remember our day out to the Challenge Cup final. Shame we lost, but c'est la vie.

How has your own experience of national finals gone?

4 minutes ago, Best Team in Angus said:

Another angry person chillout don't worry not long now till the receivers are called in 

Because your social club is going down the tubes? Would prefer you to just slum it in the Highland League for an occasional visit, like a less glorified Turriff tbh. 

5 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Ah, that treasured single higher place. 

Treasured league wins, treasured competitive football and the distinct prospect of actually staying in the second tier - something that your club hasn't achieved since 1986. As opposed to record-shattering fail, humiliation and a plunge down the divisions which is on the cards for your abject rabble. 

Get doon. 

Win is obviously an absolute must and scoring a few goals into the bargain would be good what with Dunfermline scoring 3 last night.

If Harkins is indeed out, straight replacement with  Fraser I would imagine. 

3-0.

42 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Injured or suspended?

Suspended, his booking against Falkirk took him over the threshold.

Not saying he deliberately got himself booked in that game but if he was going to miss a game then Brechin at home is the one you would have picked.

Archived