Dundee United (shite) vs Pars

Somehow our season is back on. Not sure how or when that happened. We now sit just a single point behind 4th placed Morton.

We travel to Tannadice on Saturday and should we win will go above the home side, although we have played 3 games more.

We've not won away to Dundee United for years, and since it seems that they're letting most teams get a win at Tannadice this season, it's only fair we get our turn.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If United lose this game, I genuinely think for the first time this season that there’s a decent chance that United will not make the playoffs.

In fact, if Morton beat Brechin, and QoS win at home to Livi, United would drop to sixth!

Should be interesting.

If Dunfermline cannot beat us their players and management team should be shot.  

We tried and failed miserably tonight and Laszlo is incapable of getting anything near the best out of our players.  If Dunfermline turn up and play even half decent football they will take all three points.

9 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

If Dunfermline cannot beat us their players and management team should be shot.  

We tried and failed miserably tonight and Laszlo is incapable of getting anything near the best out of our players.  If Dunfermline turn up and play even half decent football they will take all three points.

I don't think we've beaten a full time side away from home this season. Fully endorse your "they should all be shot" approach. 

11 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

We've not won away to Dundee United for years...

Was it not one of those fun statistics that QoS hadn't won at Tannadice since 1933? Obviously there haven't been many games between the two in the intervening period, but it just goes to show that records like this are falling up in the city of jute and jam.

10 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

If United lose this game, I genuinely think for the first time this season that there’s a decent chance that United will not make the playoffs.

In fact, if Morton beat Brechin, and QoS win at home to Livi, United would drop to sixth!

Should be interesting.

If carlsberg done weekends this would suit me!!

32 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Was it not one of those fun statistics that QoS hadn't won at Tannadice since 1933? Obviously there haven't been many games between the two in the intervening period, but it just goes to show that records like this are falling up in the city of jute and jam.

Thought it was early 90s? Anyway we did win at Tannadice the last time we were in the top flight

After last night Laszlo has nowhere to go for this game.

Tried Scobbie at LB - failure.  Brought back Edge - failure.  Tried 4-4-2 - very limited success.  Tried playing Fraser as part of 4-4-2 - utter failure.

As much as 4-4-2 is our best option, and as much as Fraser is a very skilful player, the two things don’t combine.  Fraser has NEVER had a good game for us playing wide.

Conclusion - Csaba has very limited options for personnel and formation in this game.

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Thought it was early 90s? Anyway we did win at Tannadice the last time we were in the top flight

My stat was ripped straight from the United/QoS game thread..

12 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

To be fair it's only our 10th game up there since 1933, and we only had 4 between 1933 and 1978, by which time they were decent. We led 3-1 there last season and chucked it away.

12 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

First win at Tannadice since 1933!

12 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Conclusion - Csaba has very limited options for personnel and formation in this game.

Not sure about that. If anything we've got too many options and Csaba doesn't have a clue what to do with them. He brought in seven new players in January (all of whom are fit, as far as I know) and the only one who's got any game time in the last two games has been Mikkelson. He brought into two perfectly decent central midfielders in Slater and Gillespie and has barely played either of them, preferring instead Paul Quinn and Stewart Murdoch. 

I genuinely think he's lost it. Much like Mixu and Brewster towards the end of their spells. He's just throwing players around aimlessly in the hope that they'll magically click.

Archived