Dundee United (shite) vs Pars

35 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

After last night Laszlo has nowhere to go for this game.

Tried Scobbie at LB - failure.  Brought back Edge - failure.  Tried 4-4-2 - very limited success.  Tried playing Fraser as part of 4-4-2 - utter failure.

As much as 4-4-2 is our best option, and as much as Fraser is a very skilful player, the two things don’t combine.  Fraser has NEVER had a good game for us playing wide.

Conclusion - Csaba has very limited options for personnel and formation in this game.

Serious point, but from every game I've seen of you lot, other than the win over us up in Tannadice, your players are the ones who looked like they've chucked it rather than the manager. Under McKinnon, albeit as an opposing fan, it looked like it was going that way already so while Laszlo may not have stopped the rot as it were I am not entirely sure what he is supposed to do with a team that looks like it's downed tools.

Players of the experience and quality (ok, lesser now than before) of McDonald should not be moping about the field, they should be leading by example.

I get that it's up to the manager to motivate the players, but the players themselves need to be self motivated to begin with. Clearly Laszlo hasn't had the effect you'd want but I feel it's a little unfair to heap all the blame onto him.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Not sure about that. If anything we've got too many options and Csaba doesn't have a clue what to do with them. He brought in seven new players in January (all of whom are fit, as far as I know) and the only one who's got any game time in the last two games has been Mikkelson. He brought into two perfectly decent central midfielders in Slater and Gillespie and has barely played either of them, preferring instead Paul Quinn and Stewart Murdoch. 

I genuinely think he's lost it. Much like Mixu and Brewster towards the end of their spells. He's just throwing players around aimlessly in the hope that they'll magically click.

My point is he made changes in personell and formation last night and it STILL didn't work; where does he go from here?

On the way to the game last night I was discussing with my elder son the issue of Csaba's Christmas signings and making the same point; 5 senior signings and 2 young lads and only one is seen as good enough to play.  Lyng and Mason have been shocking signings; Slater has had limited game time but has been woeful and I don't understand why Gillespie isn't seen as good enough.

Don't know if I can be bothered going to this one. We haven't beaten a full time team away since the last game of last season and even then it was the luckiest goal you'll ever see with Lee Robinson (whatever happened to him?) falling over as a long punt hit off Clark's head and it trickled in. It's a venue we don't do well at, it's quite pricey (I see the parent and child thing is home fans only?) and I get annoyed every time we play well against United and still lose.

We've managed 42 points this season. Only 11 of those were picked up against sides above us in the current Championship table. Coupled with AJ's terrible record in big games and in matches away to full-time clubs and against United anywhere, I'm pretty certain this will be a defeat.

If we do manage to pull something out of the bag on Saturday, the season is well and truly back on.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Don't know if I can be bothered going to this one. We haven't beaten a full time team away since the last game of last season and even then it was the luckiest goal you'll ever see with Lee Robinson (whatever happened to him?) falling over as a long punt hit off Clark's head and it trickled in. It's a venue we don't do well at, it's quite pricey (I see the parent and child thing is home fans only?) and I get annoyed every time we play well against United and still lose.

If I were you I'd come to this game Silvo.

We're breaking new records in terms of shitieness on a weekly basis and this game could be the one you PARS have been waiting for......

Plus we really could do with your 20 quid. 

Ta very much.

ETA - Bring a friend.

If Fraser not fully fit 4-4-2 Mehmet; Ralston, Scobbie, Durnan, Robson; Gillespie, Stanton; King, McMullan, McDonald, Mikkelsen/Smith.

If Fraser fully fit 4-2-3-1 with a front four of King, Fraser and McMullan behind McDonald or King, Fraser, Smith behind McMullan.

None of the above options inspire me but I cannot think of any better.

1 hour ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Mehmet
Ralston Durnan Scobbie Robson(sigh)
Gillespe Stanton
King Fraser Smith
Mikkelson

Seriously?  Mikkelsen as a lone striker in a 4-2-3-1.  Do you ever go to watch United?

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

If Fraser not fully fit 4-4-2 Mehmet; Ralston, Scobbie, Durnan, Robson; Gillespie, Stanton; King, McMullan, McDonald, Mikkelsen/Smith.

If Fraser fully fit 4-2-3-1 with a front four of King, Fraser and McMullan behind McDonald or King, Fraser, Smith behind McMullan.

None of the above options inspire me but I cannot think of any better.

I have never rated McMullan , at St Mirren , Morton or  UTD  , loses interest far too easily if he's getting knocked about a bit , just a bit too heartless IMO.

2 minutes ago, Sittìng on the fence said:

I have never rated McMullan , at St Mirren , Morton or  UTD  , loses interest far too easily if he's getting knocked about a bit , just a bit too heartless IMO.

Yeah I’d prefer to play Coutinho ahead of him.  Unfortunately Coutinho doesn’t play for United; Paul McMullan does.

More seriously, when we had a good spell immediately after ditching McKinnon both McMullan and King played well as wide attacking players.

Heading up but we will probably lose. United seem like a team that their heads will drop if they lose a goal. Since we seem to be struggling to score at the at the moment(Brechin game aside) I think United will grab one of their own and probably kill the game off around the 70-80 mins mark.

2-0 United

Hoping to be pleasantly surprised obviously

We're fucking dogshit.

We're fucking dogshit against United even when we're decent and they're dogshit.

No way in holy hell we are winning this one. We could even take a savage pumping tbh.

I'll be smashed though so won't give a shit.

Archived