Ross McPherson - Available for Transfer

Bellsdale Boy

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just noticed this thread..so a bit of a rant! Not surprised that 'archy' had thought of going; as there was times during the season where he was not happy being pulled or  sitting on the bench. I love his energy, enthusiasm and robustness ..but something has been missing for him since around October time?  Archy, like two or three others in the beith team spend huge amounts of energy running to and fro in front of goals and not producing much ( reference yesterday's game against the buff) and Milky is one of them. Is he out of position,  as he is played as an out and out striker? Individually, we have, on paper, some of the best forwards in the junior game, but against good opposition we struggle to get a shot at goal. I hope we are not in decline...as quoted earlier and will bounce back!! Fees etc should be kept in discussion within the club's. 

2 hours ago, Redbrae said:

Just noticed this thread..so a bit of a rant! Not surprised that 'archy' had thought of going; as there was times during the season where he was not happy being pulled or  sitting on the bench. I love his energy, enthusiasm and robustness ..but something has been missing for him since around October time?  Archy, like two or three others in the beith team spend huge amounts of energy running to and fro in front of goals and not producing much ( reference yesterday's game against the buff) and Milky is one of them. Is he out of position,  as he is played as an out and out striker? Individually, we have, on paper, some of the best forwards in the junior game, but against good opposition we struggle to get a shot at goal. I hope we are not in decline...as quoted earlier and will bounce back!! Fees etc should be kept in discussion within the club's. 

Half our squad is 30 and over unfortunately that's a recipe for a declining team.

10 hours ago, kenny131 said:

Half our squad is 30 and over unfortunately that's a recipe for a declining team.

At the start of last season, saw a few games and expected Beith to really kick on and be the team to beat, however it doesn't seem to have happened.  The players seemed to get a bit frustrated on Saturday and looked to lack a bit of leadership and confidence.  Strange situation with McPherson, should maybe have given things a few days to settle down before making him available for transfer.

Archived