Arbroath v Stranraer

He's not a striker though. Never looks like bursting through and scoring a goal. Half the time when somebody gets down the wing nobody is in the box. Neither Mckenna or Wallace looked like scoring today.

Mckenna running into the channels and holding up the ball brings us up the park so often it’s no real

Physical presence too and he’s scored what 3 now In about 8/9 games maybe? Not too bad

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mckenna running into the channels and holding up the ball brings us up the park so often it’s no real

Physical presence too and he’s scored what 3 now In about 8/9 games maybe? Not too bad

Wallace only scores penalties. Running into channels with the ball is fine if playing with a natural striker such as McIntosh but the partnership with Mckenna just doesn't work for me.

Wallace only scores penalties. Running into channels with the ball is fine if playing with a natural striker such as McIntosh but the partnership with Mckenna just doesn't work for me.

Fair enough. Just don’t think McKenna is the problem, think he’s been great. All for a double Mac combo uptop

Fair enough. Just don’t think McKenna is the problem, think he’s been great. All for a double Mac combo uptop

I'd certainly be in favour of that but he didn't even get on today which was madness. If only we had got the third the game would have been done.

I'd certainly be in favour of that but he didn't even get on today which was madness. If only we had got the third the game would have been done.

Dick in the stand for a month and Pink makes all the correct Subs

Dick back in the dugout and he does what he done today.

Perhaps we are not playing to his strengths. Would he be better with McIntosh up alongside.

Maybe who knows

But things just aren’t going for him just now, pretty sure the first goal we scored came after he sclaffed his effort from 8 yards out, whoever it was anyway was lucky Omar was there because it was heading wide

Well that was pretty deflating play like that the rest of the season and we'll not make the play offs, even when we were 2 up in the 1st half I i didn't think we had  been that impressive and the 2nd half was pretty poor to put it mildly we were all over the place at the back. Hopefully  just a bad day at the office and we can get back on track next game.

Well played  Stranraer, never gave up and got their reward.

Guess the players and management thought it was all over by half time.  Wallace could have been subbed in the first half, he was awful today. Thought he might have make a huge effort against his old club but was hardly in the game.

Dreadful second half. It was fairly obvious that 3 at the back wasn't working today, maybe should have gone to 4 at the back after Stranraer's first goal. We hardly won a high ball but kept lumping high balls up the park and into their box, Stranraer passed the ball better and in the end the better team won. From the other end of the pitch I couldn't see what the penalty was given for, maybe see it on the highlights. 

Amazing subs. Skelly, who hasn't played for months is put on when McIntosh, who has been scoring fairly regularly, is left on the bench. If Bobby Linn has been suffering from flu he must had made a wonderful recovery to be fit to go on. 

On today's showing, if we were to go up via the play-offs, we would do no better than Brechin. We don't have the nucleus of a team with the ability to play at a higher level. We have 2 or maybe 3 but would need at least 5 or 6 capable of stepping up a division, to compete weekly against full time teams. 

why oh why is wallace still starting he was shocking again today and that dive that he got booked for was utterly embarrassing. another point why is one of our top goal scorers still on the bench yes pongo lads. his weight wasnt a problem last season or the start of this season. if you buy players and give them 2 year deals they have to be better than we have and they arent end off

Well done to THE BLUES.

Great comeback and a vital win.

Well done Stevie and the boys.

Nothing short of remarkable considering what we have gone through over the past couple of months. 

Onwards and upwards.

KEEP THE FAITH

CMON THE BLUES

I thought we strolled first half without playing that well. If Gav had scored rather than hitting the bar it would have been over. Second half Stranraer battled back and used their big lads and the wind well. The change of keeper seemed to unsettle our defence and the subs were strange. Macintosh had to play as he wins headers and scores! Full marks to the visitors who passed the ball well and never gave up.

Tremendous character from the team in the second half. After the first quarter hour I thought we were going to get a hiding. Crucially, Arbroath couldn’t score a third and when we did get one back the momentum shifted in our favour.

What a strange game football is - 2 wins at Gayfield this season - a venue which has been dreadful for us over the years. And of course 2 Arbroath wins at Stair Park!

Really pleased to see Okoh getting a goal. Still not convinced by him, but then he hardly expected to be our lone-forward when he signed.

Think 5th, 6th or 7th will be our slot for this season - happy with that given the chaos which the squad has suffered!

Aye , if instead of hitting the bar then being saved on the rebound , we had gone 3 down it would have been curtains , but we stuck at it and took our chances .

to the poor wee lad who wandered past us convinced they could pull it back to 3-3 , welcome to a life of misery , sprinkled in fantastic moments that make the rest of it go away , such is the lot of the “wee team” supporter , and I wouldn’t have it any other way

today was one of our “ sprinkled” days  

Archived