Bryan Slavin resigns as Ardrossan Winton Rovers Manager

Wild Winton Rover

From the Club's Facebook page.

Ardrossan Winton Rovers regrettably accepted the resignation of Club Manager Bryan Slavin at last evening's committee meeting.
The Club would like to thank Bryan and his assistant manager Drew Walsh for their hard work and commitment over the past 6 months and wish them well in their future.
Coach Mark McCann has agreed to carry out the managerial position in an interim basis.

1 hour ago, Seaside Sam said:

Bryan wears his heart on his sleeve, a passionate manager who IMO  given time could have done well at Winton. It seems that he has resigned as he did at Largs which is a great pity.

Hi Bryan 

And that’s the managers fault how? My disciplinary record wasn’t the best but was never my managers fault

Would need to disagree here (if only talking about on the park) surely it’s the managers job to try to tame any players with poor discipline and then, as a last resort if the player doesn’t change their ways, ship the player out?

10 minutes ago, Seaside Sam said:

Far from it! I do not follow Winton however have seen him play mostly at Talbot and a couple of games at Largs  and Irvine Vics he always gave his all occasional a we touch over OTT.

Sorry I’ll rephrase.

Good evening Bryan 

Would need to disagree here (if only talking about on the park) surely it’s the managers job to try to tame any players with poor discipline and then, as a last resort if the player doesn’t change their ways, ship the player out?

Is it only 1 player that’s at fault for all the disciplinary stuff? If so then yes bin him but if it’s a team full of them then you can’t just ship the full team out.

1 minute ago, king Henrik7 said:

Is it only 1 player that’s at fault for all the disciplinary stuff? If so then yes bin him but if it’s a team full of them then you can’t just ship the full team out.

Surely if you shipped one out the rest of the guys with similar trends might have a wee look at themselves?

I'd have him back playing with us in a minute, no second thoughts about it. The guy is a legend and still one of the fittest players at Winton, despite his age.

T

7 minutes ago, pheasant plucker said:

Will somebody please give FOTJ a wee morsel of scandal to get off on. This is the second thread he’s got his cock out for today

At the end of the day, that chapter has closed it's about the winton moving forward .  I'm sure Brian isn't to Blame for all the disciplinary problems. 

I wonder who would be intrested but IMO winton need to get the correct man this time,2 managers resigned in one season is not good at any level.

Archived