Automatic relegation from League 2

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 18 March 2018 at 23:25, lichtgilphead said:

If the LL/HL champions were regularly trouncing Club42, I would say you would have a point.

However, Club 42 have won 2 and lost1 so far, and Edinburgh City needed extra time to beat Shire.

Once LL & HL champs are winning consistently, lets relegate club 42 automatically and make club 41 play off against loser of HL/LL playoff. Until then, however, we should make the HL/LL champion prove that they are better than the worst current SPFL side.

Better just posting "Panic stations".

I won't be unless the pyramid is actually strengthened then I would favour it as I have already said

Surely such a big club as Cowdenbeath will massively strengthen the Lowland League if they get relegated?

56 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Bonnyrigg Rose vote last nite to apply for the East of Scotland league.

What started as a trickle is beginning to resemble a river,Clydebank vote this weekend. Interesting times below league 2 await.

Which league would Clydebank be placed in? South of Scotland League?

On 20/03/2018 at 15:17, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I for one am shocked to see supporters of Clyde and Cowden arguing against automatic relegation.

Why would we be arguing against it? 

3 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

Surely such a big club as Cowdenbeath will massively strengthen the Lowland League if they get relegated?

It's hilarious that he's been so big on talking about how the Lowland needs to be stronger to merit automatic relegation whilst at the same time his club (at which he sits on the board) is getting the begging bowl out for £135K because they don't have a sustainable business model.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

It's hilarious that he's been so big on talking about how the Lowland needs to be stronger to merit automatic relegation whilst at the same time his club (at which he sits on the board) is getting the begging bowl out for £135K because they don't have a sustainable business model.

It’s not that funny really

On 19 March 2018 at 14:13, Jacksgranda said:

12/14 teams might be better, but the Championship and League One seem to manage fine with 10 teams and the bottom side automatically relegated, with 9th in a play-off.

Ending play offs through the out SPFL would strengthen the case for proponents of automatic relegation from the fourth tier.

It is no more equable  for a fourth place finisher in the SPFL to have the opportunity of promotion. Sure it generates a modicum of income for teams involved but does not reflect season long performance which should be the sole criterion for promotion/relegation.

Or you  could carry play offs to all levels and have a four team shoot out to see who are premier league champions.

Ending play offs through the out SPFL would strengthen the case for proponents of automatic relegation from the fourth tier.
It is no more equable  for a fourth place finisher in the SPFL to have the opportunity of promotion. Sure it generates a modicum of income for teams involved but does not reflect season long performance which should be the sole criterion for promotion/relegation.
Or you  could carry play offs to all levels and have a four team shoot out to see who are premier league champions.

The play offs have been great imo. Means that most teams still have something to player for all seasons. Would copy the rest of the leagues bottom down and second bottom in a play off with the Highland/Lowland play off loser.

Your other point makes no sense. The champions of each league are still the team that finishes first and are automatically promoted.

Looks like their are gonna be a high volume of ‘pyramid’ applications for next season.

Lowland League should be increased to 18 clubs.

East and South leagues might need to be increased.

Possible West League might need taken into consideration?

Highland league need to sort out the Caledonian League. I mean why are they unofficially on the pyramid?

This could be the death of junior football but it is one that I’ll happily welcome for a fairly and excitingly structured pyramid.

I would personally have Scottish Football structured in this way.

-EUROPE-

Scottish Premiership Champions:- UCL QR1

Scottish Cup Champions:- UEL QR2

Scottish Premiership Runners Up:- UEL QR1

Scottish Premiership 3rd Place:- UEL QR1

All play off finals to be played at a Neutral venue.

-SPFL- (1)

1. (Champions) (UCL)

————————————————

2. (UEL)

3. (UEL)

————————————————

————————————————

————————————————

11. [emoji768]

12. [emoji768]

-SPFL2- (2)

1. (Champions) (P)

————————————————

2. (Q-Final)

————————————————

3. (Q)

4. (Q)

————————————————

————————————————

————————————————

11. [emoji768]

12. [emoji768]

-SFL- (3)

1. (Champions) (P)

————————————————

2. (Q)

3. (Q)

4. (Q)

5. (Q)

————————————————

————————————————

17. [emoji768]

18. [emoji768]

-Highland League- (4)

1. (Champions) (P)

————————————————

————————————————

18. [emoji768]

-Caledonian League- (5)

1. (Champions) (P)

————————————————

-Lowland League- (4)

1. (Champions) (P)

————————————————

————————————————

16. [emoji768]

17. [emoji768]

18. [emoji768]

-East of Scotland Division 1- (5)

1. (Champions) (P)

————————————————

————————————————

10. [emoji768]

-East of Scotland Division 2- (6)

1. (Champions) (P)

————————————————

-South of Scotland Division 1- (5)

1. (Champions) (P)

————————————————

————————————————

10. [emoji768]

-South of Scotland Division 2- (6)

1. (Champions) (P)

————————————————

-West of Scotland Division 1- (5)

1. (Champions) (P)

————————————————

————————————————

10. [emoji768]

-West of Scotland Division 2- (6)

1. (Champions) (P)

————————————————

19 hours ago, The Moonster said:

It's ok though, as they don't owe anyone any money. That makes it better.

And why does SPFL 2 runners up get better treatment than SPL 3 (sic) runners up?

Because I believe finishing 5th in an 18 team league merits a chance at promotion whereas finish 5th in a 12 team league does not.

I also binned relegation play offs as I believe you do not deserve a second chance at recovering an extremely poor season.

Archived