Airdrie Vs. Raith Rovers

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, stuartcraig said:

Was replying to the post with the Raith highlights but appreciate I wasn’t clear.

Noticed that the Airdrie footage showed the incident.

It's called selective editing......

5 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Probably referring to this contested ball where the Airdrie player got booked for Vaughan's unsportsmanlike behaviour.

h2uSREF.gif

That’ll be it. Where the Raith player has tried to gain an unsporting advantage and got his comeuppance (ah the irony of it all). 

54 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Probably referring to this contested ball where the Airdrie player got booked for Vaughan's unsportsmanlike behaviour.

h2uSREF.gif

Yup.  From memory we were already deservedly 1-0 down at that point and your team was coasting.  It just seemed like a dick move, especially given the dominance you were already enjoying.  The fact that the Airdrie player was then booked just added insult to injury.

(Edited to say the video shows the score is 1-0 at the point).

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

Looks to me that the Airdrie clogger should be paying more attention.

Aye, because that's how teams normally play those things.  You'll note that Conroy (I think) kicked the ball straight back to your keeper from a toss up later in the game (despite it being 2-1 and the clock ticking).  That's how not to be a dick.

That’ll be it. Where the Raith player has tried to gain an unsporting advantage and got his comeuppance (ah the irony of it all). 

The ref clearly disagrees with you. He's decided the Airdrie player is the only one being unsporting. And he's correct.

3 hours ago, printer said:

The ref clearly disagrees with you. He's decided the Airdrie player is the only one being unsporting. And he's correct.

What could the ref do? Disappointingly Airdrie didn’t stoop to Raith level in drop balls later in the game  

Anyway, I’m sure no one will lose any sleep over it. 

Archived