Airdrie Vs. Raith Rovers

Probably a tad early on this as we may have a rescheduled East Fife game during the week as well as Airdrie playing on Tuesday, but I’ll crack on anyway.

I’ve never been to the Excelsior before, so heading along to this. Our Away form is absolutely vile, (personally despite there being more twists n turns, it’s the playoffs for us) but trends are there to be broken right...

Recommendations for parking? Cheers, much appreciated.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The stadium is fine for parking but it does cost £2 and is signposted for away fans on Petersburn Rd. Some people park in the surrounding streets there, but it can be busy with residents. The Car Park does clear quite well but can back up in joining Carlisle Rd . There is a "Rat run" going left but if you are unsure just stick to a right turn. Should hopefully be a better crowd than the BBC Alba frozen Sunday when you were lucky to get a last gasp equaliser. The games have been close this season and we are due a win against you but I remain cautious. Our home form certainly has kept us just ahead of the three below. 

Cheers folks, I’ll pay the £2 for the parking at the stadium.
As for attendance, I would imagine it’ll be better than the Alba game, although probably not by much due to our stinking Away form. Yet I find myself going... idiot ha!

I haven’t been to Airdrie’s ground since we lost to them in the play-offs. My next away game will either the play-off with Alloa/Arbroath (evens) or the title winning game at Stranraer after Ayr have bottled it (5/1).

9 hours ago, WSDR 88 said:

Cheers folks, I’ll pay the £2 for the parking at the stadium.
As for attendance, I would imagine it’ll be better than the Alba game, although probably not by much due to our stinking Away form. Yet I find myself going... idiot ha!

There's a place you can park your car just across the road from the stadium and car park. Beside a grass pitch(s)

4 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I can't remember seeing play offs with Raith but my memories of how poor we were, might have caused false memories

You beat us 2-0 at Starks midweek. Think it was 2-2 at your place and 4-2 on aggregate.

34 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I had completely forgot that so thanks for reminding me. Won't be in any this season

Our keeper Chris Fahey threw in a couple in the first leg which made the second leg kinda redundant. Easily forgettable 

Archived