Arabs v Doonhamers Part 3

On Tuesday night at Tannadice. 

Will Queens fall to their third League defeat in a row for the first time this season as their season fizzles out or will they push for the play-off places?

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

What happened to wee Dobbie and will he play in this match? QOS fans don't appear to have much faith in the rest of their team.

Willo Flood did him in last Tuesday's game,  should have been a stick-on foul and probably a booking but neither happened.  He didn't play against St. Mirren and it's doubtful whether he'll make Tuesday's game.  

On 18/03/2018 at 10:29, skinny arab said:

4-4-fucking 2. Leave someone up when defending set pieces. When taking a throw in throw to someone wearing the same fucking colour of shirt. 

Sadly none of this will happen. 

Totally agree, though if Fraser can start I’d be equally happy with a front four of King, McMullan, Fraser and McDonald with 4-2-3-1 and Stanton and Flood playing behind them.

If Fraser not fit then definitely 4-4-2 with Mikkelsen instead of Fraser.

Totally agree, though if Fraser can start I’d be equally happy with a front four of King, McMullan, Fraser and McDonald with 4-2-3-1 and Stanton and Fraser playing behind them.
If Fraser not fit then definitely 4-4-2 with Mikkelsen instead of Fraser.

Do u mean smith as one of the front 3 behind McDonald?
If so I quite like the sound of that, although I’d be minded to have mikkleson instead of McDonald to act as hold up for the others to run on to.

Just now, dregs 83 said:

Do u mean smith as one of the front 3 behind McDonald?
If so I quite like the sound of that, although I’d be minded to have mikkleson instead of McDonald to act as hold up for the others to run on to.

No, I think Matty Smith was OK yesterday but I’d have a front four of either:

King, McMullan, Fraser and McDonald in a 4-2-3-1, with Fraser as the No 10; or

King, McMullan, McDonald and Mikkelsen in a 4-4-2.

You could replace McMullan with Smith in either option if you felt he was a better option than McMullan.

Eirther option must have Stanton partnering Flood, or possibly Gillespie, behind that four.

2 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Dundee Untied home win our season has gone now   .No Dobbie on Tuesday means we have no goal threat no chance of us making the playoffs.Will easily be out lowest away support the fans like the players have given up .

I don`t buy for a second that the players have given up. Other than Dobbie and perhaps one or two others they`re just not very good.

Guest Flash
1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I don`t buy for a second that the players have given up. Other than Dobbie and perhaps one or two others they`re just not very good.

Agreed. Given we have been gubbed 2 games in a row at home, I hope we don’t get to see what games will be like after they have given up.

Guest Flash
2 hours ago, kleinfaethetoon said:

A near home game for me so will make the short trip from Perth got the fear it will be long cold and uninspiring evening but here is hoping

You could be in luck. It will be a little bit milder than it has been this weekend and the winds will be lighter, so it shouldn’t feel as cold.

16 minutes ago, Flash said:

You could be in luck. It will be a little bit milder than it has been this weekend and the winds will be lighter, so it shouldn’t feel as cold.

So basically a bit milder but still a long uninspiring evening is forecast.  Probably sounds about right. 

Morning Shabba - It’s match Day!!

A few wee pleas from All Arabs (well, me anyway) for tonight’s game.

Please use the ICT game as the litmus test to determine your tactics for tonight. What worked and what didn’t?

Please please play 4-4- fucking 2 for f**k’s sake.

Please do not even consider starting Murdoch ahead of Ralston (unless all of a sudden Ralston has stopped breathing), as to do so would likely incite open rebellion in the stands.

There has to be a better full back (I hear GD is available) than Jamie Robson.

Tell Big Phil he is more use to us on his feet than on his arse.

Someone tell Lewis that it is Ok to take less than 30 seconds to think about what he is going to do with the ball when he gets hold of it.

That should work as a starter for 10, but sure there is plenty others can add.

20 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Morning Shabba - It’s match Day!!

A few wee pleas from All Arabs (well, me anyway) for tonight’s game.

Please use the ICT game as the litmus test to determine your tactics for tonight. What worked and what didn’t?

Please please play 4-4- fucking 2 for f**k’s sake.

Please do not even consider starting Murdoch ahead of Ralston (unless all of a sudden Ralston has stopped breathing), as to do so would likely incite open rebellion in the stands.

There has to be a better full back (I hear GD is available) than Jamie Robson.

Tell Big Phil he is more use to us on his feet than on his arse.

Someone tell Lewis that it is Ok to take less than 30 seconds to think about what he is going to do with the ball when he gets hold of it.

That should work as a starter for 10, but sure there is plenty others can add.

Well someone can tell our gaffer that he doesn't have to play Rankin. There are options there to play football not hoofball.

Archived