Arabs v Doonhamers Part 3

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Tam McManus saying that it's a FACT that Dobbie is the highest paid player in the league on Twitter. Anyone able to shed some light on that? @Skyline Drifter

Well, no. I'm not going to comment on anybody's wages. I'd be surprised if Tam McManus has a clue what Dobbie is paid. And frankly astonished if he knows what EVERY player in the Legaue is paid.

Tam McManus saying that it's a FACT that Dobbie is the highest paid player in the league on Twitter. Anyone able to shed some light on that? [mention=106]Skyline Drifter[/mention]

Skyline Drifter is the only person on here who could definitively say what Dobbie earns. He’s not exactly going to discuss it on here though.

Formation and personnel was what most Arabs would have wanted and yet we were still shite.

I’m not sure what we do in training during the week; play cards?

Our ‘defence’ was a joke.  Edge was terrible; Scobbie no better than Robson; shocking penalty from Durnan; Ralston rusty.

Whilst 4-4-2 was needed there is no point playing Fraser in that formation, he is useless wide.  When we brought him on we should have taken Mikkelsen off and gone 4-2-3-1.

The lowest home crowd at a league game in goodness knows how long.

We honestly could go the rest of the season without a win.

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Well, no. I'm not going to comment on anybody's wages. I'd be surprised if Tam McManus has a clue what Dobbie is paid. And frankly astonished if he knows what EVRY player in the Legaue is paid.

1 minute ago, MONKMAN said:

Skyline Drifter is the only person on here who could definitively say what Dobbie earns. He’s not exactly going to discuss it on here though.

I wasn't really asking to be told what he earns. More that QotS are able to pay a considerably higher wage than what the likes of Dundee United are even offering some of their duds right now was a bit of a shock - even if it is just to a single player.

Just to throw in a couple more stats as it's been a stat-tastic night.

3rd time this season Gavin Duncan has refereed one of our games. Three wins. More games with Gavin Duncan please SFA!

Danny Carmichael's return to the pitch after seven months out kept up his unbeaten record for the season.  Four wins and two draws, one of which we won on penalties, in his 6 outings this season.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I wasn't really asking to be told what he earns. More that QotS are able to pay a considerably higher wage than what the likes of Dundee United are even offering some of their duds right now was a bit of a shock - even if it is just to a single player.

It would be a bit of a shock if it was true. I think we can probably safely say it isn't.

11 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Formation and personnel was what most Arabs would have wanted and yet we were still shite.

I’m not sure what we do in training during the week; play cards?

Our ‘defence’ was a joke.  Edge was terrible; Scobbie no better than Robson; shocking penalty from Durnan; Ralston rusty.

Whilst 4-4-2 was needed there is no point playing Fraser in that formation, he is useless wide.  When we brought him on we should have taken Mikkelsen off and gone 4-2-3-1.

The lowest home crowd at a league game in goodness knows how long.

We honestly could go the rest of the season without a win.

Keep smiling.

image.jpeg

Well that was both enjoyable and unexpected.

Some decent performances for us. In particular I thought Cameron and Todd were excellent. Thomson made some great forward runs and what a strike for the 3 rd goal.

The much maligned Dykes put in a great shift (and was out on his feet at the end). He  often stretched the defence but also came short to give a bit of variation. He set up the first and was brought down for the pen. I thought it was him rather than Todd who hit the bar 2nd half with a fine strike(could be wrong about that though). No doubt he still get slated by some though. Edit to add he also played the ball back to Thomson for the 3rd goal

We did get a bit deep 2nd half but actually still looked a threat on the break.

Have to say I thought Rooney was really poor at RB tonight. He really should have cleared the first one and gave away a stupid foul for the 2nd. Our wall and keeper`s positioning again looked suspect albeit it was a decent strike form McDonald.

Great to see Danny Carmichael back playing.

United were poor.

well that turned out to be more enjoyable that expected.

Sat back and soaked a lot up, but looked very lively on the break and were rewarded with 2:0 at half time.

Good chance for Todd to make it 3 early in the 2nd half, after than we were always going to make it difficult for ourselves.

It looked like Rooney tripped over his feet trying on the boal line to clear before the 1st United goal, giving Durnan an efffective tap in,  and the 2nd owed a lot to Leighfield putting the wall in the wrong place, but it was a good hit to be fair.

Fortunately it then became pretty end to end rather than the expected collapse, with the winnner from Thomson being a 25 yard screamer than is stong contender for goal of the season,

Everyone put a shift in. Todd is clearly a player and looked danderous all night, but my MoM was Dykes who was a revelation compared to some other performance this season. Ran all night, was instrumental in the 1st two goals and was unlucky with one that hit the bar (is he just intimitated playing with the messiah?)

Good to see Danny back and hopefully the injury to Thomson isn't too serious.

Moshni was sitting to our right - looked a bit bemused by the end. He might even get a game at this rate.

Since 2018 began ten matchdays ago, Dundee United have given up sixteen points on Livingston, eleven on Morton, nine on Queen of the South and eight on Dunfermline. Yours truly called it last month - they're not finishing anywhere near the play-offs. 
Which is a terrible, wee shame. 
16806829_1348282495251635_3266217998791375818_n.thumb.jpg.abd243c301a8d0c6d000d1e5279be672.jpg

Three words which sum up why we must never allow the Premiership to extend beyond twelve member clubs; Morton Football Club.

43 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

I don't know what the big secret is, everybody knows he's on £50,000 a week.

Ach well. Hopefully Shabba can save us the humiliation of having to play in the play offs. Should be easy for a manger of his calabre. The sooner we can punt him and the rest of his imposters the better.

Archived