The enormous cycling attitudes survey 2018

PB 4.2

First of all, a huge debt of gratitude to everyone who messaged me via the PM function over the last few weeks.     Your words of solidarity and hope reaffirmed my unshakable belief in road safety and fiscal justice.   

I present the '18 survey because I will never kowtow to bullies.   But, at the same time, I have my safety to consider and therefore datasets and additional information will only be available via pm, and won't be available to all.    Fathers for justice had the same thing; except they were targeted by dykes not bikes.   #dykesnotbikes 

But the C.A.S.T team were blown away (not literally) my the marvelous response from the Perthshire people.    In 2014 we surveyed around 1,900 this time we broke the 2,500 mark!   

I'd like the share the submitions of one member in public ( who will remain anonymous ) for the purposes of this we will call him Colin (not his real name)   Colin talked about the problems he's faced using his motorized mobility scooter.    George relived 12 separate occasions where cyclist had blighted his life and lowered his self-esteem, all in the last year!   6 times he was  forced into 'pavement dismount' due to villainous cycling.   4 times he was the victim of 'green bike syndrome' at pelican and puffin crossings.     Once he was called a "paraplegic bentshot", another time cyclists stole George's ignition key and throw it into the river tay. 

So onto the results and we shortened the survey to 10 questions this year.  

Question 1:   Should cyclist contribute to fund road based taxation?    

Yes 83% 
No 7% 
DK 10%  

Question 2:  Would you agree the police turn a 'blind-eye' to illegal cycling?   

Yes 83% 
No 13%
Dk  5%  

Question 3:   Are there too many bikes on the road?  

Yes 36% 
No 51% 
DK 13%  

Question 4:  Should all bikes be fitted with seatbelts as standard? 

Yes 31% 
No 40% 
DK 29%

Question 5:  Have you been assaulted by a cyclist in the last 12 months?  

Yes 94% 
No 3% 
DK 1% 

Question 6:  Would you like to see cyclists allowed on dual carriageways and motorways?  

Yes 25% 
No 74% 
DK 1% 

Question 7:  Chris Hoy eats bran flakes.   Do you eat bran flakes?  

Yes 6% 
No 90% 
DK 4%  

Question 8:  Are you in favour of advanced stop lines?  

Yes 59% 
No 29% 
DK 12% 

Question 9:  Premature babies tend to have underdeveloped organs, making elite performance impossible.   If said young baby lived a healthy life, but didn't have the lung capacity to emulate his father, would this be a bad thing?  

Yes 12% 
No 60% 
DK 28% 

Question 10:   Should it be mandatory for cyclists to wear a helmet?  

Yes 89 %
No 2% 
DK 9% 

Huge thanks to everyone that made the 18 survey the roaring success that it was.     Wee break for the C.A.S.T team before our summer programme!   

Edited by PB 4.2

3 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Q8 only adds up to 80%. What did the other 20% answer?

Love that you responded and love the "deepest darkest Ayrshire quip"  That's excellent humour!   I've amended the typo!  

42 minutes ago, PB 4.2 said:

First of all, a huge debt of gratitude to everyone who messaged me via the PM function over the last few weeks.     Your words of solidarity and hope reaffirmed my unshakable belief in road safety and fiscal justice.   

I present the '18 survey because I will never kowtow to bullies.   But, at the same time, I have my safety to consider and therefore datasets and additional information will only be available via pm, and won't be available to all.    Fathers for justice had the same thing; except they were targeted by dykes not bikes.   #dykesnotbikes 

But the C.A.S.T team were blown away (not literally) my the marvelous response from the Perthshire people.    In 2014 we surveyed around 1,900 this time we broke the 2,500 mark!   

I'd like the share the submitions of one member in public ( who will remain anonymous ) for the purposes of this we will call him Colin (not his real name)   Colin talked about the problems he's faced using his motorized mobility scooter.    George relived 12 separate occasions where cyclist had blighted his life and lowered his self-esteem, all in the last year!   6 times he was  forced into 'pavement dismount' due to villainous cycling.   4 times he was the victim of 'green bike syndrome' at pelican and puffin crossings.     Once he was called a "paraplegic bentshot", another time cyclists stole George's ignition key and throw it into the river tay. 

So onto the results and we shortened the survey to 10 questions this year.  

Question 1:   Should cyclist contribute to fund road based taxation?    

Yes 83% 
No 7% 
DK 10%  

Question 2:  Would you agree the police turn a 'blind-eye' to illegal cycling?   

Yes 83% 
No 13%
Dk  5%  

Question 3:   Are there too many bikes on the road?  

Yes 36% 
No 51% 
DK 13%  

Question 4:  Should all bikes be fitted with seatbelts as standard? 

Yes 31% 
No 40% 
DK 29%

Question 5:  Have you been assaulted by a cyclist in the last 12 months?  

Yes 94% 
No 3% 
DK 1% 

Question 6:  Would you like to see cyclists allowed on dual carriageways and motorways?  

Yes 25% 
No 74% 
DK 1% 

Question 7:  Chris Hoy eats bran flakes.   Do you eat bran flakes?  

Yes 6% 
No 90% 
DK 4%  

Question 8:  Are you in favour of advanced stop lines?  

Yes 59% 
No 29% 
DK 12% 

Question 9:  Premature babies tend to have underdeveloped organs, making elite performance impossible.   If said young baby lived a healthy life, but didn't have the lung capacity to emulate his father, would this be a bad thing?  

Yes 12% 
No 60% 
DK 28% 

Question 10:   Should it be mandatory for cyclists to wear a helmet?  

Yes 89 %
No 2% 
DK 9% 

Huge thanks to everyone that made the 18 survey the roaring success that it was.     Wee break for the C.A.S.T team before our summer programme!   

Thank you. I'm going to sleep on those stats and formally respond by close of play tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Q5. Are the missing 2% the ones actually killed by angry cyclists so unable to respond to the survey because they are late?

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

Q2. Getting a 101% response rate to your questions shows real determination. Better than these lazy b*****d students and their surveys about football that litter GN every few days.

Rounding issues, fella.   

Still factually correct.  

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's a year of your work. I don't want to go off half cocked. 

Posted with the sincerity and endeavour we associate with your work.   Have a green dot.   

Edited by PB 4.2

13 minutes ago, PB 4.2 said:

Posted with the sincerity and endeavour we associate with your work.   Have a green dot.   

You’re fucking nuts, and I mean that in a good way btw 

This is great stuff PB and the team. As with anyone who lifts the lid on an unsavoury element, there will be abuse, and there will be naysayers. I just hope yourself and the team aren't put off. As with any job this big, there will be good times and bad, but I urge you to keep it up and I repeat my earlier statements that I would be willing to offer financial assistance as best as I could to ensure this work continues and expands to keep us all safe.

15 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

May I ask if C.A.S.T is going to pursue more militant methods in future and perhaps would be open to using violence to protect innocent motorists against bike pump wielding mentalists? 

We've been monitoring the republican lobby groups views to the second amendment with great interest.    We view the camcorder as an absolute leveler, which obviously suit our group and our panache for road safety      

1 minute ago, PB 4.2 said:

We've been monitoring the republican lobby groups views to the second amendment with great interest.    We view the camcorder as an absolute leveler, which obviously suit our group and our panache for road safety      

I understand the great work you are doing but the masses grow impatient. I’m fed up paying for car repairs because a cyclist has rolled over my bonnet as they veer across the road when I’ve had to overtake them on a hill they are struggling on, yet again. 

8 hours ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

I understand the great work you are doing but the masses grow impatient. I’m fed up paying for car repairs because a cyclist has rolled over my bonnet as they veer across the road when I’ve had to overtake them on a hill they are struggling on, yet again. 

The masses are growing like the incline of the hill you cited.   Take your bike and f**k off up a cycle track - would be my advise for these aggresive fools! 

Edited by PB 4.2

7 hours ago, PB 4.2 said:

I've tossed and turned, then tossed again all night.

There are no surprises in there. People with issues re arithmetic are missing the point. We're talking trends here and I'm worried. This survey should form the basis of a funding application to Government. This would allow the appointment of full time officials to give this subject the professional input it needs.