The wonderful Steve Clarke

He's doing well so far, but it's important to remember that so far he has won fewer trophies than Peter Houston, Ivan Golac, Alan Stubbs and Danny Lennon.
Equally important to remember that George Best appeared at fewer world cups than Stephen Warnock.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
15 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

In fairness to MT, if you’ve read some of Willy’s ramblings about budgets then you’d probably want to challenge him too.

I thought we all know that all/majority of old/new firm supporters/glory hunters are c***s ?

Willy ploughs a particular furrow about budgets being an irrelevance that even his fellow OF fans on here recognise as absolute bloody rubbish.

He'd have really welcomed the support you provided by referring to the Leicester example as if it was somehow typical though.

1 minute ago, Estragon said:
17 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:
He's doing well so far, but it's important to remember that so far he has won fewer trophies than Peter Houston, Ivan Golac, Alan Stubbs and Danny Lennon.

Equally important to remember that George Best appeared at fewer world cups than Stephen Warnock.

True, but I'd like to see Clarke cement his place as greatest manager ever with a trophy win, rather than just being dominant in the non-title area of the league.

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Willy ploughs a particular furrow about budgets being an irrelevance that even his fellow OF fans on here recognise as absolute bloody rubbish.

He'd have really welcomed the support you provided by referring to the Leicester example as if it was somehow typical though.

So monkey you don't think if Clarke stays at killie for one more season he can't challenge for the title, blowing your duopoly myth out the window? 
I want him to stay at killie just to find out.

True, but I'd like to see Clarke cement his place as greatest manager ever with a trophy win, rather than just being dominant in the non-title area of the league.
No, you're suggesting that he's a poorer manager than the ones you quoted because he hasn't yet won as many trophies as them.

12 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

Good thread. One for the vault, the history books, the family album. Shame about the OP though.

:angel

6 minutes ago, Estragon said:
21 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

No, you're suggesting that he's a poorer manager than the ones you quoted because he hasn't yet won as many trophies as them.

I'm not actually, I was just stating a fact.

He's clearly a better manager than any of them.

He's clearly getting the best out of his team right now, so credit where it's due.

Would be nice if he didn't pretend his team "dominated the entire match" I think that phrase is sewn into his sleeve as a reminder for every post match interview :lol:

52 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
58 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

In fairness to MT, if you’ve read some of Willy’s ramblings about budgets then you’d probably want to challenge him too.

I thought we all know that all/majority of old/new firm supporters/glory hunters are c***s ?

That's nice,we all know that winning the league is all about consistency I've said before and saying it again Celtic can only effect clubs result 4 times a season.
Unbeaten runs this season in the league.
Celtic 17
Hearts 11
Aberdeen 9
Killie 8 and still going
Hibs 6 and still going
Hamilton 6
rangers 5

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

That's nice,we all know that winning the league is all about consistency I've said before and saying it again Celtic can only effect clubs result 4 times a season.
Unbeaten runs this season in the league.
Celtic 17
Hearts 11
Aberdeen 9
Killie 8 and still going
Hibs 6 and still going
Hamilton 6
rangers 5

Sorry what is the point here?

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Add Yogi to that list! 

He's also won fewer trophies for Killie than Bobby Willamson and Kenny Shiels too.. 

I'm glad they're enjoying themselves but I'm getting fed up of these smug Killie fans. Karma awaits in the form of Clarke going elsewhere and Yogi pitching up at Rugby Park.. 

Add Yogi to that list! 
He's also won fewer trophies for Killie than Bobby Willamson and Kenny Shiels too.. 
I'm glad they're enjoying themselves but I'm getting fed up of these smug Killie fans. Karma awaits in the form of Clarke going elsewhere and Yogi pitching up at Rugby Park.. 
The seethe is strong in this one...

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

Celtic have nothing to do with the other 34 games clubs have to accumulate points.

Why would that matter if resources are irrelevant?  

Surely every game is a 50/50 contest where tactical nous wins the day?

7 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Oh great. Another wastecoatwilly fishing trip. Lasted fucking weeks on the Colts thread.

Choke slam him, that'll shut him up Dom.

Archived