Stranraer FC vs Queen's Park FC

I think like said we will just scrape through , might not swap league position or squads but I would swap team spirit , moral etc , not blaming the manager for the situation we are in but it’s his responsibility to get the team firing on all cylinders again and soon .

7 hours ago, The Spider said:

perhaps not, but I'd still put money on you having enough points in the bag already to scrape into 8th even if that unlikely scenario occurs...............put it this way, would you swap squads and league positions with ourselves, Rover or Forfar right now if offered?

No danger will two out of Queens Park, Albion or Forfar finish above Stranraer.

I would not be surprised if Stranraer had more of the ball in the second half but then they needed to. They needed to chase the game and Queen's Park could afford to let them have the ball in the midfield and see if they could do anything with it. Similarly, Jamie Hamill probably had as many touches of the ball as any player on the park, simply because he would take the ball off Max Currie. None of that means they deserved to win the game though. Goals win games, not possession.

Can we play every game away from home? Just a better atmosphere all round, on and off the park.  Great away day and a performance that keeps us in with a wee chance.  

Getting Sean further up the park has made a hell of a difference in the last two matches and it's no coincidence that he's scored in both games. Keena of course was the main man, a class act. His determination to get the shot away for the second was a lesson to other young strikers at the club, as was his cool head when straight through for the first. Probably got a bit excited at the penalty but he earned the right to take it so easily forgiven. Can see him being loaned out to a higher level next season   

Well done Stranraer for having a bar in the ground open at half time. How long has that been happening?  

Two very poor teams showing very little quality. Think overall a draw would of been a fair result but well done to queens park for taking there few chances. 

Really wish this season would hurry up and finish. Not enjoying it anymore and really struggling to see where our next points come from.

Feel for faz as players like Anderson okoh agnew should just stand on the sidelines with the rest of us and watch the game as they give is nothing. 

Good luck to queens park for rest of season. Hope you boys stay up.  Good social club and onlya few hours away. 

4 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Can we play every game away from home? Just a better atmosphere all round, on and off the park.  

Life expectancy would take an absolute tanking if every game was an away one.

Wasn't at the game but well done to all the staff and players, must have been great to have been there as a fan as well. Saw the pictures on the facebook page and there was such delight on a few familiar faces. As I've said before, played to county level at another sport and if I was down near the end I could turn it around by pure determination even against a higher ranked opponent, glad to see the players are not giving up but need to play with that same determination in every match from now on and win their individual battles obviously . C'mon the Queen's.

Credit where credit is due. Sean Burns has been effective and merited his place in the team when he is played in his current best position. He was at his best in the left midfield when he played there last season as well. It was a delight to see him win that ball on Saturday and score. That spirit and determination has been lacking in midfield all season. Why he has not been played there all season is an issue for another topic. Well done Sean.

27 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

Credit where credit is due. Sean Burns has been effective and merited his place in the team when he is played in his current best position. He was at his best in the left midfield when he played there last season as well. It was a delight to see him win that ball on Saturday and score. That spirit and determination has been lacking in midfield all season. Why he has not been played there all season is an issue for another topic. Well done Sean.

Hurrumph Hurrumph.

On 18/03/2018 at 15:11, The Spider said:

because of his versatility to play in a number of positions and plug a lack of depth in the squad

2 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

Why he has not been played there all season is an issue for another topic.

see above

Em not sure. Our resources are lot less now on the media front plus playing side. Not enough volunteers unfortunately. If george got the footage i expect he'll get it on sometime. However he is a busy man.

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/03/2018 at 17:46, bridgeofweirdo said:

Can we expect to re-live our 3 wonderful goals from this game anytime soon via Stranraer TV ?

On 21/03/2018 at 12:54, Blue1870 said:

Em not sure. Our resources are lot less now on the media front plus playing side. Not enough volunteers unfortunately. If george got the footage i expect he'll get it on sometime. However he is a busy man.

So no footage available then?? Funny as yesterday's game is up already ---could the result have anything to do with it ??

I wouldn't have thought Stranraer losing would cause us not to put up highlights.....otherwise about half the time there would be nothing.

I would guess that the person who donates their skill (and time) to produce the highlights may not have been at the game.

So no footage available then?? Funny as yesterday's game is up already ---could the result have anything to do with it ??

I thought the same, when they win the highlights or at the very least goals seem to go up, when they lose they’re not as quick to go up or make it up at all

4 hours ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

Your club could not come up with a copy of the full match from our first visit to Hampden this seson despite this being a normal request from visiting clubs at this level. Maybe the result had something to do with it?

Tit

20 minutes ago, wuffster said:

Your club could not come up with a copy of the full match from our first visit to Hampden this seson despite this being a normal request from visiting clubs at this level. Maybe the result had something to do with it?

Tit

Footage available on QPTV

Twat

As i said we dont have the same available resources. Considering i created it the various channels websites and edited matches for years. We dont have highlights now either. It tends to be just goals. I live in glasgow. George in ayrshire so if we arent there sorry.. it doesnt happen. Another editor gave it up a couple of months ago he lived in stranraer.

2 hours ago, Blue1870 said:

As i said we dont have the same available resources. Considering i created it the various channels websites and edited matches for years. We dont have highlights now either. It tends to be just goals. I live in glasgow. George in ayrshire so if we arent there sorry.. it doesnt happen. Another editor gave it up a couple of months ago he lived in stranraer.

No need for apology mate. I missed this game and given our poor run it was a special day and looked forward to the highlights but your comments are reasonable and understandable. QP fans are spoiled in some ways and QPTV is one of the luxuries.

Since the SPFL was formed the gulf between the rich and the poor has widened. Neil Doncaster’s appointment to the SFA board will hasten this trend and the Ross County chairman’s recent comments about the need for a single governing body shows where the bigger clubs want the game to go. And the part-timers aren’t part of the plan.

Guys like you and your like at Berwick, Elgin, Peterheid and all points between will keep the game alive for real football fans. And QP volunteers and diehards will be part of that elite group too. 

Archived