Stranraer FC vs Queen's Park FC

Stranraer have plenty to play for.

Still think we need a couple of wins to secure our status in the division.

The last thing we need is to be keeping looking over our shoulders.

Hope we get the 3 points tomorrow.

KEEP THE FAITH

CMON THE BLUES

What a player Aidan Keena is, definitely been Gus's best loan signing for QP. Unbelievable to think he's only 18 years old. Pivotal that we won today and thankfully Albion and Forfar lost aswell. 6 cup finals remaining  with some winnable games. Hopefully we've hit some form at the right time.

Sean Burns frustrates me sometimes, but he's been indestructable lately.

Some goal! The way he bundled the Stranraer guy off the ball was excellent. I like him as an attacking full back but he is better in midfield at the moment.

Well Done Queens , to score 3 away is well worthy of the three points , best of luck in your fight to stay up , hopefully we can do you a favour when we play Forfar which could be a must win game for us .

Only QP could have a penalty to go 4-1 up in the 88th minute and still have you shitting yourself at the end. Players were magnificent. Everyone played a part. Keena is a cut above, a captain’s performance from Burnsy, and Gibby as solid as a rock. 

4 hours ago, an86 said:

Only QP could have a penalty to go 4-1 up in the 88th minute and still have you shitting yourself at the end. Players were magnificent. Everyone played a part. Keena is a cut above, a captain’s performance from Burnsy, and Gibby as solid as a rock. 

Fully agree. A magnificent effort from all the players. Sean plays so much better going forward. His tackling of their defence was great.

21 hours ago, Clayhole Blue said:

Still think we probably have just about enough points to be safe.

But it isn’t clever to implode to the point that we’re basically signalling ‘come on, you can catch us’ to everyone below us....

At this rate, I can see us scoring no more points. 

Are Barron or Beith likely to be around again soon ?

Burns has had a lot of people on his back (including myself) because he hasn't fulfilled the potential he showed in his early years, in part because of his versatility to play in a number of positions and plug a lack of depth in the squad.

He always looked more effective going forward than defending, and if Gibby & Millen both stay fit then he has the opportunity to remind us what a good player he can be (like Galt) on his day. His main problem (again like Galt) over the years has been a lack of consistency (probably why both players are still with us), but if he continues to play to a high level in the remaining games of this season, dispenses with the blame culture attitude and cuts out the occasional show of petulance, then he might just start earning that "legend" status that some have been keen to bestow upon him.

1 minute ago, beefybake said:

At this rate, I can see us scoring no more points. 

Are Barron or Beith likely to be around again soon ?

perhaps not, but I'd still put money on you having enough points in the bag already to scrape into 8th even if that unlikely scenario occurs...............put it this way, would you swap squads and league positions with ourselves, Rover or Forfar right now if offered?

Archived