Montrose v Peterhead

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could look at this as if a draw would suit Montrose better than Peterhead seeing as the Mo have a game in hand BUT when you look at the fixtures remaining you might think again. Mo would have 7 games left and 3 of their 4 away games are at Clyde, Stirling and Stenny.  Home form is not exceptional with resurgent Edin City among those still to come. Points will be dropped somewhere along the line.

In their last set of 9 matches Peterhead have already played Stirling and Stenny so have (on paper) an easier run in. Football doesn't work like that of course so there will be twists and turns. What's for sure is that both teams this Saturday will go for the win with a draw being the last resort. Just hope it's a clean game, we end up with 22 players still on the pitch and the referee doesn't spoil it. Should be a decent crowd.

Regardless of our respective positions at the top of the table and a 10 point gap, Stirling Albion are a team to be wary of. They looked in excellent form against PH recently.
I’d settle for a draw on Saturday against Montrose. We can only hope that McInally has booted some “experienced” arses after the shambles on Tuesday and that we’ll push on. However, I’m just not that confident that we’ll win.

Can't wait for tomorrow should be a cracker and we should be on guard for peterhead backlash after their poor performance midweek.Would settle for a draw but a win would be great.

Guest TOPFITTER
10 minutes ago, blueone said:

Just looking at the weather forecast for Montrose tomorrow.

40 mph winds and +1 degree temperature.

It'll be like playing at Balmoor.:lol:

Not much hope of a win then !

2 hours ago, maz1974 said:

any idea who the ref will be? we had Northcroft midweek, so shouldn't be that unlucky twice. (altho, he has had worse games)

Grant Irvine. Never heard of him but he was in charge of Montrose v Stirling Albion back in January. Hope he has a good game and we are not speaking about him afterwards,

27 minutes ago, Blue-Toon said:

Grant Irvine. Never heard of him but he was in charge of Montrose v Stirling Albion back in January. Hope he has a good game and we are not speaking about him afterwards,

mmmmmm, not without incident by the sounds of things

7 hours ago, blueone said:

Just looking at the weather forecast for Montrose tomorrow.

40 mph winds and +1 degree temperature.

It'll be like playing at Balmoor.:lol:

Sounds like the perfect weather for this match.

Freezing cold arctic conditions are a fitting tribute to the proud seafaring heritage of our respective towns.

I'm looking forward to this, Scottish football at its very finest.

Flakes of snow blowing aboot here in Cumbria - hope it's better on the roads in the morning as I don't want to miss this game.

Cammy back at right back means we can have Massa back in midfield support to add a bit more bite going forward. Not confident about the result as I think the Blue Toon will be reacting to their Tuesday night debacle. No matter it's what the Mo do that counts and nothing short of full concentration at the back will do.

Archived