Montrose v Peterhead

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TOPFITTER

Chucked 2 games in a week, ye cannae defend nae defence. Sack the Sports Psychologist, this team cracks easier than eggs.

Will Peterhead get to the play-offs to meet Stenny, what a thought !

Spoiler

Well done Montrose as the saying goes its your to lose. Your team work hard for each other & you take your chances when presented to you. Much as it pains me to say we have been crying out for somebody like Dillon at the back for two seasons, someone to organize, badger & fill in the gaps when left at the back, our defenders are still fairly young & seem to switch off every now & then although McCracken was not involved today he is not that type of character either. Do think there will be points dropped before the seasons end as a number of teams have improved since the turn of the year. Only hope we don't quite give up already as a few years ago after a fine run we stopped once in the play-offs & did not win another game.

Pleasing! Not a pretty game at all (especially the first half and a bit) but the last 30 minutes was a proper thrill ride.

Watson at CB is a recipe for heart palpitations, bordering on outright coronary failure.

Fleming's outstanding save at the end the highlight for me despite everything that had gone before - a draw would have felt like a punch in the cobblers at that point. Peterhead largely to blame for their own downfall today, never took control unlike the December game here and looked shaky at the back when pressed.

On we go....

"Watson at CB is a recipe for heart palpitations" haha my thoughts exactly, but we saw it out! Odd decision to take Milne off for Campbell which a few of us felt left us with very little shape as Milne had been doing a lot of leg work, stretching us and giving us another outball.

Redman had an excellent game today I thought. Peterhead definitely had chances in the first half and were much better than a few weeks ago at Balmoor, but second half was so pleasing to watch us simply not give up. We managed to dig in to find a way back: has been the case many times this season and is exciting to watch.

Still some tricky away games to come against other teams playing well, but we're in excellent form: since we last played Peterhead at LP, we've lost only 1 of 11 games, taking 14 of the last available 18 points. Title winning form? I really hope so.

Dillon was indeed excellent today, as was the big man Templeman. Chucked our backline about like an empty tracksuit.
Been superb all season Dillion I'm glad we have him next year as well.What did surprise me yesterday was when Mcinally took of your winger on loan from Dumbarton I thought he was playing pretty well was glad he went off to say the least.

This Montrose side has guts which is a refreshing change for us fans so used to seeing us collapse in the past like a wet lettuce. The second half yesterday was a great effort after the first half playing a containing game against a strong wind. 

Some of the Peterhead comments above about their own team I think are more out of disappointment because they are still a very capable side and a cut above those teams below them as their points tally shows. Yes their weak areas are in defence but their final run in of games are all very winnable which means the Mo will need to stay focused on each game as it comes to keep a grip on the initiative.

Twists and turns yet? Think positive and credit to the Mo lads for pulling out the stops yesterday.

Defending actually looks worse on the highlights, someone needs to take charge at the back. Cannot remember us being able to rely on an organized line able to confidently play offside as should be possible even allowing for poor linesmen at times.

Defending actually looks worse on the highlights, someone needs to take charge at the back. Cannot remember us being able to rely on an organized line able to confidently play offside as should be possible even allowing for poor linesmen at times.
Your number 3 had a howler at all 3 goals.

Archived