Ageing

Was out last Saturday with my mates and someone took a photo of us, noticed the next day how thin the hair my hair was looking. So went into the barber the other day, and got her to confirm my fears. Said I could get away with it, but it was certainly going at the front (especially the left hand side) and the back where I already have a double crown was going as well. Decided just to get it shaved off, and got a one all over. Took a bit of getting use to, but much prefer it now. No faffing around in the morning trying to cover the odd bald spot here and there. 

I did the 'head shave for charity' thing a few years ago and quite liked the look so kept it buzzed short for a year or so. Ironically, this really emphasised the grey - a fact which many people took great delight in pointing out to me.

18 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

It's by far the warmest day of the year so far and yet I have my big fleece hoodie and waterproof jacket on. Think I've just bypassed by the whole middle age thing and gone straight to the old duffer stage.

I have my camouflage knee length shorts at the ready, every middle aged gentlemen should have at least one pair

It's by far the warmest day of the year so far and yet I have my big fleece hoodie and waterproof jacket on. Think I've just bypassed by the whole middle age thing and gone straight to the old duffer stage.
^ ^ ^
Short term memory loss down to less than a minute.

3 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

^ ^ ^
Short term memory loss down to less than a minute.

Fucker, just beat me to it. Must be my reactions slowing down...

I've had a bit of grey at the sides since I was in my early 20's. Never really increased in volume too much but no doubt it will soon enough. Suppose coming up for 36 it's to be expected. In decent enough shape/health in general, always tried to stay quite active and I think that probably helps. Only really annoying thing is the nose hair and eyebrows. In the last year I have gone from trimming the nose hair once every few months to once a week, and the eyebrows get plucked by the missus about as often. If she doesn't, they end up looking like fucking antlers.

Edited by Ross.

I've got a growing collection of cardigans. The missus seems to get a thrill from them - maybe some weird Starsky and Hutch fetish - so I'm happy to wear them. 

She prefers you wearing a cardigan rather than Lycra. Heidi kens.

On 20/03/2018 at 12:50, DA Baracus said:

After cutting my hair and trimming my beard on Sunday night, I decided to shave off all of my body hair to see what it was like (just using the electric razor mind, not an actual shaving razor).

It actually feels quite nice, especially on the legs and torso. Annoyingly though I've got a few patches on my back that I couldn't reach.

Still, well worth a try I'd say.

You must be a fùcking picture.

On 18/03/2018 at 08:42, Fullerene said:

As you get older your eyesight is not as good as it use to be.  Similarly your hearing.
It seems reasonable to say that maybe your sense of smell is not as good as it use to be.

It is not that old people are smellier but they might be less aware of a bad smell.
The solution is to keep yourself clean and your house clean even if you don't notice any bad smells.

My mum doesn't have a sense of smell (or sense of taste) because of Parkinsons and I had to have the awkward conversation that she could do with washing more often.  To be fair to her that was about a year ago and its not been an issue since.

• 2 weeks later...

Used to always quite like my passport photo. Looked like a young Colombian drugs baron and secretly enjoyed always being pulled out of passport queues to be frisked, x-rayed, felt up etc. Got new pics done today and look more like The Kurgan from Highlander. Au revoir to the boyish good looks, hello old age and anonymity.