Ageing

36 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

She's the only one who does because I'm as ugly as sin. Levein I do have a decent record collection and most of my own teeth though so its good to focus on the positives.  

I have all my own teeth; two in my mouth and the rest in a wee wooden box.

She's the only one who does because I'm as ugly as sin. knpGu0b.png I do have a decent record collection and most of my own teeth though so its good to focus on the positives.  

“No, yours does” was the correct answer here. Sake.

• 1 year later...
On 13/04/2018 at 20:21, Falcor Roar said:

I got a haircut at 27 and noticed that my hair was sitting up a bit fluffier than usual. 29 caught a glimpse of my head in the mirror under the light and realised how thin I was getting. 32 in a couple of months and I'm halfway to being a baldy b*****d now. My mum and my girlfriend saw it coming years before apparently without mentioning it.

I'm extremely good looking otherwise though so it's not a great concern. 

Noticed my first gray hair when I was 30... Now I color it almost every month, don't want my head go silver till 50. Tested almost every item from this list, but using mostly henna mixed with lemon juice. I even don't know if anyone from my family gone gray very early. I'm so sad about this, it's like being on meds to me.

I'd be far more likely to ridicule someone who dyes their hair than someone who fully accepted the baldness. Dyed hair looks awful.

The last couple of haircuts I've had have shown a vast amount of grey is working it's way through my hair. I honestly can't wait until it all goes grey, I've hated my shade of kinda brown/kinda blonde for years. At least when it's grey I'll look distinguished. I hope.

9 minutes ago, JollyJoddy said:

Noticed my first gray hair when I was 30... Now I color it almost every month, don't want my head go silver till 50. Tested almost every item from this list, but using mostly henna mixed with lemon juice. I even don't know if anyone from my family gone gray very early. I'm so sad about this, it's like being on meds to me.

You're one of the better bots M8. Your English is better than many of the humans though you should cut out the Americanisms. 

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'd be far more likely to ridicule someone who dyes their hair than someone who fully accepted the baldness. Dyed hair looks awful.

The last couple of haircuts I've had have shown a vast amount of grey is working it's way through my hair. I honestly can't wait until it all goes grey, I've hated my shade of kinda brown/kinda blonde for years. At least when it's grey I'll look distinguished. I hope.

Looking like Hamish French is a good thing. 

12 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Is it true that hangovers are worse as you age?

Turned 30 recently and had the most monumental one, after a few years of not bad ones.

I would say so, had a horrific one a year or so ago. Hadn't even drunk a lot, but woke up in the early hours for a chunder, then as my mate was taking me to the train station I had another spew. All down the side of his car. Spent the whole two hour journey in the train toilet just bringing up bile. I'm not sure if anyone has watched Santa Clarita Diet, but I am certain I chucked up that little ball creature. Got to my car and just sat in the passenger seat for a few hours. I wasn't being sick, but I had no energy whatsoever. Eventually got home, went to bed and just lay there. I wanted to sleep, but even that was too much effort for my body. 

I now use it as my yard stick when I have a hangover, as long as I don't feel that bad, I know life can go on. 

With getting older, I suppose you have other factors to deal with, with your hangover. Children, plans, your Mrs being an utter thundercunt and saying "It's your own fault". Opposed to the good old days of just lying in your pit, having a few tugs and ordering a vast amount of junk food that you have one bite of.

19 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Is it true that hangovers are worse as you age?

Turned 30 recently and had the most monumental one, after a few years of not bad ones.

I thought so but it was probably because I was hitting the whisky much more. The last few months I've stuck to beer and wine and I've barely had one you'd notice.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

I thought so but it was probably because I was hitting the whisky much more. The last few months I've stuck to beer and wine and I've barely had one you'd notice.

I've noticed I have a higher tolerance now so can probably drink more in an average session with little to no hangover, but if I go for it like I did when I was 18, it can be 3 days before the hangover fully subsides.

The bairn had great pleasure in telling me the other morning that I have a "bald island".
Cheeky little fucker. I corrected her to say it was Shearer's Island.
Steak pie heid. Crust round the edges, meat in the middle.