SAVE COWDENBEATH FOOTBALL CLUB

4 minutes ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

:lol: 

@Cowden316 As a man obsessed with the Cowden, I'm very much conscious that this 'public meeting' has been coming for about 6 months, and still doesn't seem to have taken place. Again, as a man obsessed, I also know there's a board member on here who posts regularly. How about he takes the blue-tinted goggles off and starts being honest?

I don't see any blue tinted goggles and who is isn't being honest. 

There is a very bleak future at Cowdenbeath unless funds can be raised as per the clubs statement recently. 

Obsessed or passionate maybe but wouldn't you be if your club was in a similar position and/or truly cares for their club/Town 

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

I don't see any blue tinted goggles and who is isn't being honest. 

There is a very bleak future at Cowdenbeath unless funds can be raised as per the clubs statement recently. 

Obsessed or passionate maybe but wouldn't you be if your club was in a similar position and/or truly cares for their club/Town 

Not being funny mate, but your club is on the brink of disaster. I'm reading the Cowden thread and seeing fans so disillusioned that they don't even want to take some form of responsibility. I'm not on the wind up - I genuinely believe Berwick will be in the same situation within a few years. I just can't believe, after a declaration so vague, that fans aren't even demanding answers or pushing solutions. It's almost an acceptance that you're fucked. Also, I was calling myself obsessed, not you.

25 minutes ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

@Cowden316 As a man obsessed with the Cowden, I'm very much conscious that this 'public meeting' has been coming for about 6 months, and still doesn't seem to have taken place. Again, as a man obsessed, I also know there's a board member on here who posts regularly. How about he takes the blue-tinted goggles off and starts being honest?

I don't think anyone is wearing blue tinted goggles and unclear where you are coming from about honesty. 

Yes I am obsessed or passionate whatever you want to call it wouldn't you be if your club was in a similar situation. I just genuinely care about my club and town.

No rosy or picture has been painted as the future of the club is in serious doubt as released in a statement. On the field too it very much looks like we will be in the playoffs and there is no guarantees in coming through that either. 

Just now, Cowden316 said:

I don't think anyone is wearing blue tinted goggles and unclear where you are coming from about honesty. 

Yes I am obsessed or passionate whatever you want to call it wouldn't you be if your club was in a similar situation. I just genuinely care about my club and town.

No rosy or picture has been painted as the future of the club is in serious doubt as released in a statement. On the field too it very much looks like we will be in the playoffs and there is no guarantees in coming through that either. 

Don’t bite!

The problem I have is I've no idea if the cash is required for working capital or for some long term survival plan. If it's an annual thing to keep the club afloat then it sounds like the point of no return has already been reached and 'something else' is actually required.

I'm not sure it's actually going to be possible to save the club in its current form.

5 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

The problem I have is I've no idea if the cash is required for working capital or for some long term survival plan. If it's an annual thing to keep the club afloat then it sounds like the point of no return has already been reached and 'something else' is actually required.

I'm not sure it's actually going to be possible to save the club in its current form.

Take that question to the public meeting which will be clarified I'm sure 

No idea what you're talking about - spent 10 years being honest and straight with fans and not going to change now.

2 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

We’ve been here before. I’ve still got my “save Cowden” tshirts. What a difference s couple of wins would make.

2 hours ago, Cowden316 said:

Go back and read my first post again. I haven't once accused you of being obsessed. Chill out.

The fact your mob think I'm on the wind up speaks volumes. Your club is fucked and they're more arsed about my comments. Ignore me like they suggest if you want, I'm just pointing out that sitting on P&B and moaning about how fucked your club is achieves f**k all. It needs action from your support, and ideas above 'lets find another 100 fans' or 'lets go junior'. Instead it seems there's an attitude of 'we've been through bad before, we'll get through it'. That isn't enough.  If the situation is bad as is alleged by the statement, why hasn't this ever-imminent meeting been brought forward and had? Instead it was cancelled because of some snow. You'll know the Cowdenbeath climate better than me, but I'm pretty sure there's been plenty of opportunities to host it since.

Maybe suggestions to ignore me are a case of the truth hurting a little too much.

2 hours ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

Not being funny mate, but your club is on the brink of disaster. I'm reading the Cowden thread and seeing fans so disillusioned that they don't even want to take some form of responsibility. I'm not on the wind up - I genuinely believe Berwick will be in the same situation within a few years. I just can't believe, after a declaration so vague, that fans aren't even demanding answers or pushing solutions. It's almost an acceptance that you're fucked. Also, I was calling myself obsessed, not you.

We have been heading down this road ever since Gordon McD sold the club. It was only the success on the pitch and the amazing work by directors and volunteers, including financial help from directors that temporarily delayed this outcome. Sadly, like many other clubs, we don't have enough fans to bring in the income and without a ground it's a disaster. There has only ever been exceptional effort from the directors and volunteers and always honesty. I have feared this possible outcome for most of my time following the club.

As you mentioned, Berwick look like certainties to exit the league sooner rather than later. Albion Rovers and Queens Park are another few who should be worried. It's just a pity that the route back is so difficult. I am sure East Stirlingshire could make it back, if it was 2 up and 2 down. As it is, I really fear for them.

3 minutes ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

Go back and read my first post again. I haven't once accused you of being obsessed. Chill out.

The fact your mob think I'm on the wind up speaks volumes. Your club is fucked and they're more arsed about my comments. Ignore me like they suggest if you want, I'm just pointing out that sitting on P&B and moaning about how fucked your club is achieves f**k all. It needs action from your support, and ideas above 'lets find another 100 fans' or 'lets go junior'. Instead it seems there's an attitude of 'we've been through bad before, we'll get through it'. That isn't enough.  If the situation is bad as is alleged by the statement, why hasn't this ever-imminent meeting been brought forward and had? Instead it was cancelled because of some snow. You'll know the Cowdenbeath climate better than me, but I'm pretty sure there's been plenty of opportunities to host it since.

Maybe suggestions to ignore me are a case of the truth hurting a little too much.

No because the public meeting needs to follow an EGM of shareholders which was also postponed - shareholders come from all over so can’t reschedule at drop of a hat plus chairman and some board members have other commitments they can’t just abandon.  EGM also has a notice period 

2 minutes ago, PELE said:

We have been heading down this road ever since Gordon McD sold the club. It was only the success on the pitch and the amazing work by directors and volunteers, including financial help from directors that temporarily delayed this outcome. Sadly, like many other clubs, we don't have enough fans to bring in the income and without a ground it's a disaster. There has only ever been exceptional effort from the directors and volunteers and always honesty. I have feared this possible outcome for most of my time following the club.

As you mentioned, Berwick look like certainties to exit the league sooner rather than later. Albion Rovers and Queens Park are another few who should be worried. It's just a pity that the route back is so difficult. I am sure East Stirlingshire could make it back, if it was 2 up and 2 down. As it is, I really fear for them.

You're right. I think there's a wider issue in Scottish football to be honest. Over in your other thread, there are fans talking about realistic expectations and how you could reposition if you got through it and basically exist to 'survive'. That is everything I hate about Scottish football. There are clubs who do that - Cowden are already doing it, and we've become a club that are doing it too. We aren't in existence to try to win the league, we're in existence to try to keep the doors open. That's pathetic and defeats the whole purpose of sport and is a fundamental issue to the game up here.

Of course, someone has to be the loser, but neither are even trying to be winners. I remember detesting Montrose because they were just another absolute nothing club, and yet we've ended up swapping places. I suppose it'd be even more frustrating your point of view, given how recently your club were enjoying their best spell in f**k knows how long.  There's a case to be made of 'walk before you can run', but it feels like the clubs in the position of being at risk have kind of put themselves in that situation. 

On 3/16/2018 at 22:21, Hedgecutter said:

Probably that Playoff Winners photo at EEP on the link. Good luck raising funds off the Pars fans just 4 years after all the GIRFUYs from all the Cowden fans.

I have absolutely no bitterness towards Cowdenbeath for that game, was simply a game of football where they won, it happens and long may they enjoy the memories of it. 

However I do know that Pars fans are allot less sympathetic than what they would have been following the attitudes of many Cowdenbeath fans during the time we were in admin, out of all the clubs their fan base seemed the most keen for Dunfermline to go to the wall. People who live in Cowdenbeath in general seem to have a massive chip on there shoulder with regards to Dunfermline. 

Bit unfortunate that, Dunfermline fans would've been one of there best hopes for donations. 

1 minute ago, gogsy said:

Didnt the Cowdenbeath fans have a collection for the townies when they were in financial difficulty?

Dunfermline fans had one for Cowdenbeath to try and pay them the money we owed them, didn't hear of Cowdenbeath fans holding one for Dunfermline, you inevitably would've had a few who would've donated right enough. The most prevalent attitude I seen was one of "Hope they go bust."

Archived