SAVE COWDENBEATH FOOTBALL CLUB

1 minute ago, MONKMAN said:

I read elsewhere on here that Celtic have cash in the bank to the tune of £30 million, so to suggest every club isn’t true. 41/42 clubs would have been more accurate.

Apologies, I don't mean to mislead.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JakeSAFC said:

A knuckle dragger is someone who is angry and stupid, perfectly sums you up.

Defo no stupid. Im no angry today so no a knuckle dragger. Wee precious boy.

31 minutes ago, NELLY said:

Defo no stupid. Im no angry today so no a knuckle dragger. Wee precious boy.

Definitely not stupid.....:1eye

Doesn’t bother me if Cowden go bust, their fans are up there with Clyde, Airdrie and Rangers fans for knuckle dragger/good guy ratio.  

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Who is East Stirling’s generous benefactor?

As far as I know, they no longer have one. It will be interesting to see how they fare next season when they no longer get a parachute payment from the league. I would guess they will be much less competitive. I hope not, but they may struggle now.

As far as I know, they no longer have one. It will be interesting to see how they fare next season when they no longer get a parachute payment from the league. I would guess they will be much less competitive. I hope not, but they may struggle now.

When did they ever have one?

They’ve been relegated 2 seasons now how long do the parachute payments last and what are they?

Suppose my point is you’ve said that if you got relegated you’ve not got a benefactor so would die, how come the Shire have been fine?

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I get that, I just thought the figure of £135K would have been based on what you require to run the club and/or help to move to a ground where your rent doesn't cripple you or something similar.  There seems to be contradictory information here too, the first post is very much a begging bowl "Save Us!" post but you state you won't go bust and don't have any debt. Is it solely the rent which is crippling the club? 

I don't know the full situation, but I assume we are losing money because of the league position we are in and we are trying to fund raise to ease the problem. I don't think the club officially put out a begging bowl to all and sundry. It was maybe some concerned fans giving that impression.

Although, if we continue to fare poorly and even drop out the league, we may well have to cut our costs to the extent that we cannot really compete (but there are other clubs in this position as well).

I think the main issue is that, as we don't own the ground, we cannot borrow  from the bank when cash is tight.

4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

They’ve been relegated 2 seasons now how long do the parachute payments last and what are they?

Suppose my point is you’ve said that if you got relegated you’ve not got a benefactor so would die, how come the Shire have been fine?

I am no expert on the 'shire, but I believe they did have someone putting money in not so many years ago (actually about eight or nine years ago when they were neck and neck with us for promotion from the old 3rd division). After that, I think they finished bottom of the pile most seasons.

The parachute payment is (at least roughly) £40k in the 1st season in the Lowland League and £20k the second season. After that you get nothing.

I don't think we would die, we would just struggle and be uncompetitive. Although, longer term, I would be worried about our future.

6 minutes ago, PELE said:

I am no expert on the 'shire, but I believe they did have someone putting money in not so many years ago (actually about eight or nine years ago when they were neck and neck with us for promotion from the old 3rd division). After that, I think they finished bottom of the pile most seasons.

The parachute payment is (at least roughly) £40k in the 1st season in the Lowland League and £20k the second season. After that you get nothing.

I don't think we would die, we would just struggle and be uncompetitive. Although, longer term, I would be worried about our future.

Spencer Fearn?

I don't know the full situation, but I assume we are losing money because of the league position we are in and we are trying to fund raise to ease the problem. I don't think the club officially put out a begging bowl to all and sundry. It was maybe some concerned fans giving that impression.

Although, if we continue to fare poorly and even drop out the league, we may well have to cut our costs to the extent that we cannot really compete (but there are other clubs in this position as well).

I think the main issue is that, as we don't own the ground, we cannot borrow  from the bank when cash is tight.

No offense but then the title of this thread is a pretty misleading. “SAVE COWDENBEATH FOOTBALL CLUB” on a multi club forum to other fans sounds like you’re on the verge of bankruptcy. Now if that were the case as has happened with many clubs, opposition fans would no doubt happily throw in a few £s as they don’t want to see you lose your club.

The reality is cash is tight (like most clubs) and you want to remain competitive, no fan of any other team is going to want to help you be more competitive as it might be to their detriment

Spencer Fearn?

As I recall Shire were bottom of the League for 5 seasons in a row then 2nd bottom. Then Spencer Fearn came in and bankrolled the club to two third place finishes under Jim McInally. Then he left and they dropped back to bottom. They were 2nd bottom in first year of playoffs when Montrose were bottom and then bottom in 2016 when Edinburgh best them in play off.

6 hours ago, PELE said:

This is correct but was short lived and he's long gone. A good 10 years IIRC.

Year 1 parachute payment of £40k plus participate in Betfred (thus at least £17k prize money now plus Shire had Rangers in their section) plus £3.5k or so prize money from Irn Bru Cup.

Year 2 parachute payment £20k is all that is guaranteed

Year 3 and beyond no parachute payments

5 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Year 1 parachute payment of £40k plus participate in Betfred (thus at least £17k prize money now plus Shire had Rangers in their section) plus £3.5k or so prize money from Irn Bru Cup.

Year 2 parachute payment £20k is all that is guaranteed

Year 3 and beyond no parachute payments

Year 4 What happening to East Stirlingshire?

So, either some Cowden fans pretended their club was at death's door in a pathetic attempt to get some extra cash or some Cowden fans are in denial about their club's precarious financial position.

Unsurprising that so few people want to help. Also, the £135,000 figure seems to have been pulled out of someone's arse, rather than a much needed, specific sum.

So, either some Cowden fans pretended their club was at death's door in a pathetic attempt to get some extra cash or some Cowden fans are in denial about their club's precarious financial position.
Unsurprising that so few people want to help. Also, the £135,000 figure seems to have been pulled out of someone's arse, rather than a much needed, specific sum.

Lol

I

10 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

It has already been stated. The £135k was set as a fundraising target as we were 135 years old and it was to help sustain the club. If and when we are in serious trouble, I am sure a set figure will be communicated.

Lots of clubs receive money from fans fundraising.

Archived