SAVE COWDENBEATH FOOTBALL CLUB

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

Awww, delusion is cute. 

I've seen quite a few questions now with regards to this 135,000 and I've not seen any answers, considering one of the Cowdenbeath posters is a board member you'd think he'd be all over it. 

If they're able to come up with such a specific number they must have some information with regards to how they got to that number. 

The population of Cowdenbeath  was  approximately 13500 when Cowden were 135 years old  X £10 =135000

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

The population of Cowdenbeath  was  approximately 13500 when Cowden were 135 years old  X £10 =135000

So the figure was based on thinking a tenner from each individual in the town was suitable? 

If so it just shows a complete lack of substance. Begging for money. Time for Cowden to go. 

I was on the receiving end of some unnecessary abuse from Cowdenbeath fans. My crime was merely pointing out that Central Park is the biggest shithole in Scottish football, which it is.

For that reason, I’m out.

I was on the receiving end of some unnecessary abuse from Cowdenbeath fans. My crime was merely pointing out that Central Park is the biggest shithole in Scottish football, which it is.

For that reason, I’m out.

So was I :lol:

They've got a lot of utter knuckle draggers in their support, but some good guys. Wouldn't want them to die but I'm not donating when theres no reason to.

Fook me I didn't realise it was this bad! Hand on heart I genuinely hope Cowdenbeath survive for the sake of the supporters and town! I would hate East Fife to be in this position. Good luck and all the very best in the next few months folks.

ETA! Folk coming on here to laugh at the potential death of a senior club is expected but just remember it could be any of us next! Not saying East Fife are up shit creek but I hate to say it, there really isn't any need for 42 senior clubs in Scotland

13 hours ago, east fife for life said:

Fook me I didn't realise it was this bad! Hand on heart I genuinely hope Cowdenbeath survive for the sake of the supporters and town! I would hate East Fife to be in this position. Good luck and all the very best in the next few months folks.

ETA! Folk coming on here to laugh at the potential death of a senior club is expected but just remember it could be any of us next! Not saying East Fife are up shit creek but I hate to say it, there really isn't any need for 42 senior clubs in Scotland

There are more than 42 senior clubs in Scotland, nice try though.

14 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

So was I :lol:

They've got a lot of utter knuckle draggers in their support, but some good guys. Wouldn't want them to die but I'm not donating when theres no reason to.

No you and your merry band of pals were moaning constantly about the view. Not hard at central to move to get a better view...  Define knuckle draggers? Someone calling you out for  being a bunch of moaning wee boys aint a knuckle dragger.

In regards to £135k. I dont think the board or board members are going to post on P&B without consulting with fans etc first (meeting tonight for any fans that can make it)

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

This is surely a wind up?

The 135 initiative was set up to allow Cowden fans to fundraise for the club (not a begging bowl).

We have no debt and we do not own the ground (and we have to pay to use it now).

As we have been poor on the pitch for a few years, we currently do not have enough income (whether it be from crowds, cup runs, transfer fees etc), like some other teams. We need to generate more money to allow the club to function. This was/is the aim of the 135 initiative (named as we were 135 years old at the time).

We are not about to go bust because we need £135k to meet any obligations. It was/is meant to ease our financial situation and help sustain us. However, if we were to drop out of the SPFL then we (like some other clubs) will struggle financially, as we do not have a generous benefactor pumping money in.

Directors have been using their own money to help over recent years, but even they cannot keep this up.

No you and your merry band of pals were moaning constantly about the view. Not hard at central to move to get a better view...  Define knuckle draggers? Someone calling you out for  being a bunch of moaning wee boys aint a knuckle dragger.
In regards to £135k. I dont think the board or board members are going to post on P&B without consulting with fans etc first (meeting tonight for any fans that can make it)

A knuckle dragger is someone who is angry and stupid, perfectly sums you up.

1 minute ago, PELE said:

The 135 initiative was set up to allow Cowden fans to fundraise for the club (not a begging bowl).

We have no debt and we do not own the ground (and we have to pay to use it now).

As we have been poor on the pitch for a few years, we currently do not have enough income (whether it be from crowds, cup runs, transfer fees etc), like some other teams. We need to generate more money to allow the club to function. This was/is the aim of the 135 initiative (named as we were 135 years old at the time).

We are not about to go bust because we need £135k to meet any obligations. It was/is meant to ease our financial situation and help sustain us. However, if we were to drop out of the SPFL then we (like some other clubs) will struggle financially, as we do not have a generous benefactor pumping money in.

Directors have been using their own money to help over recent years, but even they cannot keep this up.

I get that, I just thought the figure of £135K would have been based on what you require to run the club and/or help to move to a ground where your rent doesn't cripple you or something similar.  There seems to be contradictory information here too, the first post is very much a begging bowl "Save Us!" post but you state you won't go bust and don't have any debt. Is it solely the rent which is crippling the club? 

15 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

No way, there's just no way that's the thinking behind this :lol:

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

This is surely a wind up?

I would be interested to know  how your Club manages income against expenditure and also cash flows. In Dunfermline's case income, expenditure and cash was hopelessly mismanaged in recent history with the Club within days of an immediate demise.

9 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

I would be interested to know  how your Club manages income against expenditure and also cash flows. In Dunfermline's case income, expenditure and cash was hopelessly mismanaged in recent history with the Club within days of an immediate demise.

Whataboutery. Every club in the country struggles for cash flow, this is not being denied or questioned. The justification for asking other fans to make up £135K is though. If this was being put out as a donation mechanism solely for Cowden fans I would have no qualms, but you're asking other fans to donate to "save" your club when the issue is your business model is unsustainable. I'm not even saying Cowdenbeath fans or board are to blame for the situation they are in, but as others have said you need to have a plan in place to show how you make your club sustainable, only then will others be likely to donate.

Who is East Stirling’s generous benefactor?

Whataboutery. Every club in the country struggles for cash flow, this is not being denied or questioned.

I read elsewhere on here that Celtic have cash in the bank to the tune of £30 million, so to suggest every club isn’t true. 41/42 clubs would have been more accurate.

Archived