SAVE COWDENBEATH FOOTBALL CLUB

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Just take every single penny youse have got and punt it on red

Spartans for the play-off?

The way Cowden are going, they'd probably bet everything they have against themselves then fucking win on penalties and get relegated for match fixing anyway.

9 hours ago, Grant228 said:

I'm sure there will be proof with regards to this? Should be a statement about this as I'd imagine. 

As it is I have a feeling that you're getting your events confused, for one game there was turnstiles open at a Cowdenbeath game but it wasn't to go to the "Dunfermline cause" it was to go to Cowdenbeath, when we went into administration we still owed money to Cowdenbeath after our previous board didn't bother giving them the money from ticket sales. The turnstiles were opened for Pars fans to go through and to help alleviate any problems that Cowdenbeath were having as a result of us being on the rob, the takings from that turnstiles were then deducted from the final amount we owed them, you were one of the smaller football debts we owed though. 

https://www.dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Visit_Central_Park&ID=7150

The uptake wasn't great though, at the time it was more done for the benefit of Cowdenbeath then ourselves, with the long term aim of it being mutually beneficial. 

Ironic you start your post with a dig at Dunfermline rewriting history, before then proceeding to try and rewrite history. 

How is that for Cowdenbeaths benefit and not  Dunfermline. League rules are that all debts by member clubs to each other must be paid in full. You can’t impose a penny in the pound for example. So Cowden opening that gate reduced the debt Dunfermline owed to Cowdenbeath. It didn’t bail us out in any way as if the debt was unpaid, pars would be kicked out the league.

to keep it simple for you, say £1000 was collected at that gate. We could have gave Dunfermline the money but they  would have had to return the money to pay their outstanding debt to Cowden.  You get it ?

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Will there be a running totaliser?

I need to know about deadlines for bills etc so I can get the jelly and ice cream in from the shop.

Fair play to you for having the time to do so inbetween your homophobic slurs and penning celebrity lookalike shagging stories. 

24 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

How is that for Cowdenbeaths benefit and not  Dunfermline. League rules are that all debts by member clubs to each other must be paid in full. You can’t impose a penny in the pound for example. So Cowden opening that gate reduced the debt Dunfermline owed to Cowdenbeath. It didn’t bail us out in any way as if the debt was unpaid, pars would be kicked out the league.

to keep it simple for you, say £1000 was collected at that gate. We could have gave Dunfermline the money but they  would have had to return the money to pay their outstanding debt to Cowden.  You get it ?

Aye, because that was the big worry.  You evidently don't have a very good memory of that time, or if you do you didn't have a very good grasp of the situation. 

That week was when we were in peak meltdown, the game on the Saturday was due to be our last and it was around this time where we came the closest to going to the wall, it was incredibly grim. In that likely instance it didn't matter a duck for league rules about football debts, you wouldn't have got shit because there wouldn't have been a football club. not paying the football debt wasn't a threat to us at the time. We owed more to the players that played for us in the next game! 

With that in mind the turnstiles were more of a benefit to Cowdenbeath because it meant that you were getting at least some of the money, if we had went to the wall you were getting part of the debt we owed you. In the long run it was mutually beneficial to both clubs as you are correct, it meant one of our smaller football debts was a little bit smaller, however when the original game happened I don't think anyone involved in the club at that time thought we had a long term future where we would have to worry about the football debts. You may have missed all that. 

March 2013 will go down as the worst month in our history, the only way we could have a worst one is if the club was to die. 

50 minutes ago, Millions said:

I for one, cannot wait for the new Third Lanark. A truly woeful town, team and local community

Ta ta

I agree. But why are you talking about Greenock on a thread about Cowdenbeath?

I’m curious but it was stated earlier that CFC has no debt which is a good thing but you’re struggling to keep the club running. Now I presume your main out goings are rent of the stadium as you no longer own it, is this particularly high? and the player budget, can you reduce it at all? Which is it that’s crippling the club? Or is it another factor? As others have mentioned what’s the plan after you raise the money? Can you reduce the player budget or come up with a better rent deal or an alternative to Central Park?
I certainly don’t want to see you go out of business but surely after you raise the money if you don’t change something you’ll be back here at square one in a few months.
I’m sure lots of fans from other clubs will chuck in a few pounds but there needs to be an end plan or it’s just your hardcore fans throwing money down a hole.

14 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

We're not like other clubs screwing over businesses we pay our bills. Only "debt" the club will have is money that the directors and some fans have put in off their own backs.

You really need to get a life, get yourself a bird, go out and get pissed surely better than spending your time obsessing over us:lol:

Yes, the hours and hours it takes to type a couple of sentences on a football forum :lol:

Cowden aren't sustainable but are instead blaming their failures on other clubs and, laughably, the collapse of the mining industry.

I may fall in to the category of thick burd on this, but apart from one or two looking for a reaction - most are questioning the logic and longevity of this inititative.

If Cowdenbeath are indeed debt free - which of course is a very subjective term, how are they minus £135,000?

Even the most die hard of fans should be questioning this, although having a top lawyer as chairman may help in getting you convinced.

Stange times.

41 minutes ago, ONeils40yarder said:

I'm actually taken aback at some of the comments on this from people who appear to want Cowdenbeath to go out the game...are Cowdenbeath the Rangers of the diddy leagues? If not, why on Earth would anyone want to see a team go out of existence?

Some people will choose hate for reasons unknown. Sad really but it doesn't really bother me as they have no real effect on anything if all there doing is hurting their fingers on a keyboard. If they keep doing that and don't go out then we are all winners.

44 minutes ago, ONeils40yarder said:

I'm actually taken aback at some of the comments on this from people who appear to want Cowdenbeath to go out the game...are Cowdenbeath the Rangers of the diddy leagues? If not, why on Earth would anyone want to see a team go out of existence?

Dunfermline fans: because we had the audacity to thrash them in a play off a few years back. The others are just well known trolls.

Bit of egg on face for all the bitter cowden fans giving it big uns when we were up against it...lol

The only fife team going bust that would affect Dunfermline in any way would be the Rovers on account of them being our closest rivals, it's obviously impossible to say this without sounding elitist as f**k but Cowdenbeath and East Fife are simply not big or good enough to affect us either way, aside from poaching decent young players but both clubs rarely have any of those and when they do they tend to get snagged by clubs above us anyway.

Consdering Cownbeath is packed to the rafters with racist, ***-lite gobshite, I will also be engaging in some jelly and ice cream when they die.

7 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Dunfermline fans: because we had the audacity to thrash them in a play off a few years back. The others are just well known trolls.

I genuinely think you believe that which is sad, cute and hilarious in equal measure.

21 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Awww, delusion is cute. 

41 minutes ago, AgentDaleCooper said:

I may fall in to the category of thick burd on this, but apart from one or two looking for a reaction - most are questioning the logic and longevity of this inititative.

If Cowdenbeath are indeed debt free - which of course is a very subjective term, how are they minus £135,000?

Even the most die hard of fans should be questioning this, although having a top lawyer as chairman may help in getting you convinced.

Stange times.

I've seen quite a few questions now with regards to this 135,000 and I've not seen any answers, considering one of the Cowdenbeath posters is a board member you'd think he'd be all over it. 

If they're able to come up with such a specific number they must have some information with regards to how they got to that number. 

16 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

Bit of egg on face for all the bitter cowden fans giving it big uns when we were up against it...lol

The only fife team going bust that would affect Dunfermline in any way would be the Rovers on account of them being our closest rivals, it's obviously impossible to say this without sounding elitist as f**k but Cowdenbeath and East Fife are simply not big or good enough to affect us either way, aside from poaching decent young players but both clubs rarely have any of those and when they do they tend to get snagged by clubs above us anyway.

Consdering Cownbeath is packed to the rafters with racist, ***-lite gobshite, I will also be engaging in some jelly and ice cream when they die.

14 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

I genuinely think you believe that which is sad, cute and hilarious in equal measure.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Archived