Forfar Athletic v Ayr United

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, scillybirder said:

From a 3rd party, who watched the footage, that was a meringue-wall penalty. He dived. No contact. He is a cheat. Simple. Should be getting a word from SFA or more likely the Scottish Commonwealth Games Team for a place in the Diving Team.

Would you not be better watching it yourself ya trumpet.

1 hour ago, Loondave1 said:

I thought it was a clear penalty yesterday.

That's what I thought too, pulled him back. Instinct to try and stop him but disappointed with Monroe as McCallum has pulled off some fine close range, 1 on 1, saves this season.

I still wish Easton would pass the ball sooner, while he's still in space, but seems to like to try and beat 1, 2, 3, ....... players, before looking up and trying to pass the ball.  It's his nature I suppose.

Also looked as if Hilson was not 100%, and gave up too soon on a few occasions, something that cannot be said about Matty.

Basically, beaten by the better team on the day.

5 hours ago, Hursty said:

I did find it surprising that Moore took the penalty - i'd assumed that Forrest was first choice if he was playing. Think he is the only one of the 4 that have taken any in games this season not to miss

A boost for Moore as he hasn't had much game time of late.

All good for the team.

59 minutes ago, Ayrfan1910 said:

I think It was a penalty but was a very harsh red In my opinion

Would agree with that. Didn't matter anyway we didn't look likely to lay a glove on Ayr all afternoon, they are by far the best team I've seen against us followed by Arbroath.

Fotunately, that's us done with the top 3 so staying up in our own hands hopefully Travis injury not too bad.

If it’s a penalty (and I think it was despite the tv angle making it look soft) then the referee had no choice but to send the boy off. As clear a goal scoring opportunity as you’ll see.

If it’s a penalty (and I think it was despite the tv angle making it look soft) then the referee had no choice but to send the boy off. As clear a goal scoring opportunity as you’ll see.

I thought refs weren’t supposed to send them off unless it’s violent conduct?

Double jeopardy. If it’s a penalty then there’s no red card.

2 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Sending off if there’s no attempt to play the ball IIRC

It's a pathetic rule, sent off for a tug, yellow for mangling their leg while trying to get the ball.

That's what I thought too, pulled him back. Instinct to try and stop him but disappointed with Monroe as McCallum has pulled off some fine close range, 1 on 1, saves this season.
I still wish Easton would pass the ball sooner, while he's still in space, but seems to like to try and beat 1, 2, 3, ....... players, before looking up and trying to pass the ball.  It's his nature I suppose.
Also looked as if Hilson was not 100%, and gave up too soon on a few occasions, something that cannot be said about Matty.
Basically, beaten by the better team on the day.

Easton has a lovely touch but hangs on too far too long combined with a shot like a damp sponge. Agree Hilson was a little out of sorts/off the pace but that is the best side we play for the rest of the season. Think this will go to the wire and there will be a few "wild card" results here and there on the run in. Maybe the bottom 3 will all be a bit crap in the run in and we will end 3rd bottom by default.

Archived