Forfar Athletic v Ayr United

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Massive game for us. A win means Raith go into their game on Sunday knowing no matter what they do, they stay 2nd, with us having won at a place they lost 4 days ago. We drop points, it means they can go top again.

Hard hard game. But first of a run of 3 for Ayr against the bottom 3 sides. Having just gone top and looking to win a league, you find a way to win these games. 1-2. Shankland and Moore.

Looking forward to this one as I missed Wednesday night. I enjoyed my first away trip to Forfar earlier this season. Only forseeable change will be Docherty in for Adams.

A win is massive for us but Forfar will have their tails up after swording Raith.

I'm going for 3-1 to Ayr with Shankland, Moffat & McDaid scoring. With Shankland to step on multiple Forfar players and then subsequent foaming at the mouth from those from Angus when he doesn't get booked! Oooh wait, that's just those from Fife... :angel

Can't see Docherty starting because he's still having problems with his hip, not sure who plays alongside Kerr in that case.

Possibly Geggan if Boyle is back so Reid could move to right-back.

Thought Geggan might be suspended for this game but it's East Fife away, also Adams suspended for Queens Park next Saturday. Don't expect to see him much over the next few weeks.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/3275/los36-16-march-2018-docx.pdf 

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Can't see Docherty starting because he's still having problems with his hip, not sure who plays alongside Kerr in that case.

Possibly Geggan if Boyle is back so Reid could move to right-back.

Thought Geggan might be suspended for this game but it's East Fife away, also Adams suspended for Queens Park next Saturday. Don't expect to see him much over the next few weeks.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/3275/los36-16-march-2018-docx.pdf 

I'm hoping Docherty makes it. However, we have options:

Geggan can play there as you say with Reid or Fergie at right back.

Crawford could move in with Forrest or McGuffie at wide left.

Even Bell could go in the middle with Reid to CB but I doubt that'll happen as he's been class at the back.

McGuffie earned a start with that equaliser so why not just play Rab in his preferred position while we are lacking a body in there, all falls into place too sensibly, Rose and Bell will be our midfielder with Reid and Ferguson in it the back.

LINEUP111521244414058.thumb.png.0718cba9ba857b5b675a9b6c8e39fc60.png

Weather is going to play a big part. Wind whipping round the house as i speak. Just looking for continued good effort from us and any points gained cherry on top. Think Ayr should edge this but we really put a shift in on Tuesday so more of the same please.

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

Gutted I'm missing this, as technically it's one of my home games.

Shitey weather is trying to derail our title bid. I think the beast from the east is a rovers fan.

God hates Ayr. It’s the only explanation.

Archived