Edinburgh City v Stirling Albion

50 minutes ago, Blaikie23 said:

Thomson is no longer on that list as far as I'm aware, and I am certainly not condoning his past behaviour, though my belief is that people should be given the opportunity to redeem themselves and move on. My point is that certain Stirling fans were not considering young people as they shouted their obscenities and expletives.

you're right, he's no longer on that list so your point is fair

One thing that did surprise me was the lack of City supporters, appeared to well outnumbered by Binos fans in a crowd of 321 according to BBC. 

Think a lot of hard work that was put into building a crowd was undone in the summer with the signing of Thomson and various other decisions. I remember a lot of fans on here saying they wouldn’t be back and it look like many have fallen through with that.

2 hours ago, Blaikie23 said:

I wish City hadn't lost that last-minute goal, but I'm happy with a point. Stirling should be ashamed of those fans abusing Craig Thomson during and after the game, though. I don't know about the standards in Stirling, but Edinburgh City encourage a family-friendly environment and the behaviour of some Stirling supporters today was shameful.

Most of the abuse came after he laughed to himself about being called a beast. Stirling do promote a family friendly environment but we do not condone the behaviour of that man and if you do then that’s ‘shameful’ in itself 

13 minutes ago, Mattie1880 said:

Most of the abuse came after he laughed to himself about being called a beast. Stirling do promote a family friendly environment but we do not condone the behaviour of that man and if you do then that’s ‘shameful’ in itself 

Aye, but judging by some of the matches I've been to involving Stirling the family in question are the Manson family.

Still you're not as bad as C***e.  

321 in attendance. We must have had a good 250 there. Pish game, pleased with the point. No team deserved to win that.

Also, what a great bunch the Edinburgh City fans are. Glad you lot will stay up.

6 hours ago, headthebaw said:

Several players should have been booked for kicking the ball away.
Still, karma prevailed

I would prefer more referees to forget getting the book out for kicking the ball away/time wasting and just keep adding on time like yesterday.  Bookings only eat further into playing time without having it added back on.

12 hours ago, Blaikie23 said:

Thomson is no longer on that list as far as I'm aware, and I am certainly not condoning his past behaviour, though my belief is that people should be given the opportunity to redeem themselves and move on. My point is that certain Stirling fans were not considering young people as they shouted their obscenities and expletives.

Even although the boy has "served his time" so to speak he's always going to get shouts and abuse about it just the nature of football fans, I expect David Goodwillie gets the same treatment at some grounds he goes to.

321 in attendance. We must have had a good 250 there. Pish game, pleased with the point. No team deserved to win that.

Also, what a great bunch the Edinburgh City fans are. Glad you lot will stay up.

I think we probably have a core of about 100 at each game, the rest is made up of away fans and casual fans/neutrals that have popped along. Need to do something to increase that core number next season - winning games helps.

I think we probably have a core of about 100 at each game, the rest is made up of away fans and casual fans/neutrals that have popped along. Need to do something to increase that core number next season - winning games helps.

As you say as long as Edinburgh win games and remain a league side the home crowds will grow.

Archived