Edinburgh City v Stirling Albion

After the good win at Berwick on Tuesday night its off to Ainslie Park on Saturday when we face a City side who have shown some good form recently but surprisingly were held at home by Cowdenbeath on Tuesday night. 

Team wise for us expect it to be along the usual lines with Darren Smith the Leagues top scorer possibly out thru injury after being taken off at Berwick. 

Expect a tough encounter from a City side who will be hoping to take something from this game. Would be happy with a share of the points but you never know we might just sneak this one by the odd goal.

Prediction Edinburgh City 1 Albion 1 

Buzzing for this one and a great opportunity to claw back the gap between us and the top 2.

Team wise, I'd go for the same that started on Tuesday. Obviously if Daz can't play then I'd start McLaughlin. He's been coming onto his game recently.

Hopefully we'll have a big, noisy crowd through, like last time.

I’d gladly take a 1-0 win tomorrow. Looking at the league table, many would expect an easy win, however, since Edinburgh came into the league, i’ve always found these to be tight games, settled by a goal.

5 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

However many layers you were planning on wearing today, it’s not enough.

I wore thermal leggings. jeans, 2 pairs of socks, a long sleeved thermal top, T-shirt, jumper, jacket, hat and scarf.

I was frozen by half-time 

1 minute ago, headthebaw said:

I wore thermal leggings. jeans, 2 pairs of socks, a long sleeved thermal top, T-shirt, jumper, jacket, hat and scarf.

I was frozen by half-time 

A wonder you could move, lucky you wern't mistaken for Mr Blobby:lol:

1 hour ago, JakeSAFC said:

What an awful game that was.

Agree neither team deserved to get all 3 points so a draw and a point apiece was the fair result. One thing that did surprise me was the lack of City supporters, appeared to well outnumbered by Binos fans in a crowd of 321 according to BBC. 

I wish City hadn't lost that last-minute goal, but I'm happy with a point. Stirling should be ashamed of those fans abusing Craig Thomson during and after the game, though. I don't know about the standards in Stirling, but Edinburgh City encourage a family-friendly environment and the behaviour of some Stirling supporters today was shameful.

18 minutes ago, Blaikie23 said:

I wish City hadn't lost that last-minute goal, but I'm happy with a point. Stirling should be ashamed of those fans abusing Craig Thomson during and after the game, though. I don't know about the standards in Stirling, but Edinburgh City encourage a family-friendly environment and the behaviour of some Stirling supporters today was shameful.

What's 'family friendly' about having a registered sex offender on your books?

Thomson is no longer on that list as far as I'm aware, and I am certainly not condoning his past behaviour, though my belief is that people should be given the opportunity to redeem themselves and move on. My point is that certain Stirling fans were not considering young people as they shouted their obscenities and expletives.

Archived