Albion Rovers vs Arbroath

Our first visit to Cliftonhill in the 2017/18 season. After our blip in Alloa we have bounced back with 4 points from 2 games in some horrendous conditions against Forfar and Ayr. Would like to see Wallace drop out with either McIntosh or McKenna (if fit) replacing him. Albion battling down the bottom so not expecting an easy game. A scrappy 1-0 will do.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Surel a gentleman’s agreement will prevent Kane Hester playing this weekend?

Imagine being stupid enough to agree to a thing like that.
In all seriousness I thought his loan might have finished. Have Albion extended it?

7 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

FAO Albion supporters....
How has Kane Hester looked? I see he had a goal and assist at Stranraer last Saturday.

Scored on Saturday at Stair Park. Saw him play for the first time on Tuesday against QP- thought he looked alright- unlucky to be subbed IMHO.

Nevermind we have Victoria who will come back to haunt the Smokies!

Vi(c)toria hasn't been the Rovers' problem this season. He is what he is: a lower league, part-time journeyman, with a decent attitude, trying his best. Our real problem is further back: an unsettled defence with inadequate protection from midfield.

5 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Is the terracing behind the goal open every game or only when larger support is expected?

Every game. The home support seldom use it, but its popular with Angus team, as you guys tend to have a large proportions that like standing behind the goal.

2 hours ago, Big lichtie said:

with all the rain that has fell and more forecasted any doubts about the game being called off .

I originally though frost would be the risk, but the forecast is now for a min of 0c tonight and not -3c as originally forecast. Rain is a risk though; the pitch was really soft on Tuesday.

14 hours ago, scillybirder said:

40mph might cause damage to property and buildings in Coatbridge. Or improvements as it's also known.

Bright, breezy and dry here in the West today. A decent day for football. I expect an attacking approach from Arbroath. Should be a decent game.

Archived