Scottish Cup 1/4's and 6yh round tie.

Dipple burn

42 minutes ago, .Stuart. said:

I remember that game. I’m sure Darren Henderson was the Dalry coach at the time.

Correct.

ETA - Similar to Wishy yesterday almost the whole male population of Dalry made a tidy profit on that game with the local bookies having Dalry at 6-1 or something daft.  

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wishaw are in for a busy 3 months, when Shotts won the cup in 2011-2012 they played 25 games from 7th April to 13th June. 16 league and 9 cup games.

April - 7,15,21, 23,25,28,30

May - 2,5,7,9,12,14,15,19,21,27(cup final) 29,31

June - 2,4,6,9,11,13.

On 3/24/2018 at 18:26, fan of the juniors said:

Can’t wait to ForzaWishys assessment on the game come Tuesday when he sobers up
Well done to all at Wishaw & also Hurlford making sure once again that West is Best

Just coming round now! Words probably can't do justice to the emotions of yesterday afternoon and evening but as many have said it's days like this that make the cup what it is and indeed are why we keep going through the years (or in this and many cases, decades) of struggle.  The Wishaw players and officials thoroughly deserve all the praise and plaudits for their success, savour it because it's a reflection of so much hard work that's been put in and inevitably the focus will move quickly on as the hectic schedule of games awaits. I can't really express how proud I am of the team and the town, the turn out yesterday was brilliant and judging by the number of folks asking the score on my way through town after the game, hopefully even more to come for the next instalment at the Beltane.

On 3/24/2018 at 20:16, wishyman said:

That spell of defending from Wishaw whilst still at 1-0, when just about every Rabs player had a shot at goal will stick in my mind for a while.

Worthy winners and very well done. Good to witness a bit of history.

Yes, parts of the last 10 minutes or so resembled the Alamo, as the clock ticked down I was trying to calm myself by thinking there would at least be a replay (set against scary flashbacks of the conclusion to the Man U v Bayern European Cup Final) so that second goal on the break was a huge relief and the celebrations after just magic, capped by even that wee crabby referee (not as good as the young chap who did the Yoker match ) suppressing a smile as he booked Vinnie McGuire for dancing around with his shirt in the air (thankfully he had a training top on underneath!).

It must have been a sore one for the Rabs fans but I'm sure they will have many other days and let's hope their club will eventually. like Wishy in the recent past, get the issues with their ground sorted and move on to happier times.

Anyway, lovely to read all the messages after the game, first thing I did when I had recovered some semblance of sanity was to text my cousin in America (who I used to go to some of the games with) just to say 'Wishy 2 Rob Roy 0. Semi-finals here we come. Shoot me now!' Football wise this is as good as it gets. 

Anyway, lovely to read all the messages after the game, first thing I did when I had recovered some semblance of sanity was to text my cousin in America (who I used to go to some of the games with) just to say 'Wishy 2 Rob Roy 0. Semi-finals here we come. Shoot me now!' Football wise this is as good as it gets. 

Really hope wishaw can win the SJC

And get to enjoy a day like this. It’s an amazing day [emoji1303][emoji1303]

IMG_1993.jpg

Archived