Jim Bowen has died

Taxman

2 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

Him and hawking on the same day? Two in a bed?

But as pointed out on Facebook they did follow the rules and the non-darts player went first.

Fond memories of Bullseye, my mother would never miss it. Watching reruns now I'm amazed at how bad it was. I've no idea what constituted a 'darts player' but most of them struggled to hit the board. Similarly, those answering the questions were usually thick as sh@t. Then there were the unusable prizes like a speedboat for someone living in the city or a caravan for someone who couldn't drive. I'd love to think it was all a massive pisstake and a clever satire on the game show format?

Enjoyed Bullseye tbf.  Bit of brain chewing gum.

The thing that always got me though was not how shit the darts players were, but how shite the non-darts players were.  I mean, you've applied to go onto a game show with the possibility of winning a caravan or a nice set of cutlery, knowing that, even as the "brains" of the outfit, at some point you're going to have to throw some arrows at the board.  At least have a fucking practice. 

Anyway the Bullseye contestant pics are always good for a laugh.

https://flashbak.com/bullseye-contestants-who-played-a-bit-of-bully-13996/

Then there were the unusable prizes like a speedboat for someone living in the city

Genuinely took this a couple of years ago. If anyone knows that area of Rutherglen, there are only two reasons for someone owning a speedboat, drug dealer or Bullseye winner.

IMG_20180314_153449.jpg

13 minutes ago, Kennboy1978 said:

Genuinely took this a couple of years ago. If anyone knows that area of Rutherglen, there are only two reasons for someone owning a speedboat, drug dealer or Bullseye winner.

IMG_20180314_153449.jpg

What would a drug dealer do with a speed boat in Rutherglen?

15 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Enjoyed Bullseye tbf.  Bit of brain chewing gum.

The thing that always got me though was not how shit the darts players were, but how shite the non-darts players were.  I mean, you've applied to go onto a game show with the possibility of winning a caravan or a nice set of cutlery, knowing that, even as the "brains" of the outfit, at some point you're going to have to throw some arrows at the board.  At least have a fucking practice. 

Anyway the Bullseye contestant pics are always good for a laugh.

https://flashbak.com/bullseye-contestants-who-played-a-bit-of-bully-13996/

tumblr_nugl21Xnk61r2n2xeo1_500.jpg

Archived