Mike Tyson

48 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Hi Pep, thanks for engaging again. That’s clearly not what I stated. I’m pretty sure we can, as humans, pick and choose our opinions and beliefs but let’s not argue, it’s Friday. This thread has been hijacked somewhat by UTN and PB42, I’m happy to leave it that way.

No no champ, you said Tyson was convicted in a court of law under the highest standards of proof therefore he's a rapist no matter what anyone says. 

Ojwas acquitted in a court of law under the highest standards of proof therefore he's innocent no matter what anyone says.  Can't have it both ways champ, you believe oj is innocent.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No no champ, you said Tyson was convicted in a court of law under the highest standards of proof therefore he's a rapist no matter what anyone says. 
Ojwas acquitted in a court of law under the highest standards of proof therefore he's innocent no matter what anyone says.  Can't have it both ways champ, you believe oj is innocent.

I really didn’t say that. I said he’s been convicted until otherwise stated I’ll see him as a rapist.
Enjoy the rest of your evening, champ.

59 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Hi Pep, thanks for engaging again. That’s clearly not what I stated. I’m pretty sure we can, as humans, pick and choose our opinions and beliefs but let’s not argue, it’s Friday. This thread has been hijacked somewhat by UTN and PB42, I’m happy to leave it that way.

Unless Muhammad Ali or Pele say different. Their opinions supercede anyone elses, or any facts.

12 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Not really. The burden of proof of guilt is beyond reasonable doubt. A not guilty verdict must be delivered if doubt exists. Innocence is not what has to be proven.

Stop saying champ, ya goon.

Mike Tyson was in a poor era of heavyweights. He was powerful and marauding but predictable and limited. He would be absolutely useless against anyone with a decent jab who could keep him on the outside of anyone with good movement and some boxing ability. He would MAYBE get in a top ten heavyweights of all time. He wouldn’t warrant a mention in the best boxers of all time.

Doesn't matter to you.  But you aren't important.  And you don't know anything about any of it therefore your opinion is entirely irrelevant.

Please all take note of this before you post on this thread.

10 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Genuine question. I know I could Google this, however P&B is much more knowledgeable. Who did Tyson beat that was during his hay days that was any good?

Larry Holmes, Trevor Berbick, Michael Spinks who never lost a fight till Tyson nearly killed him in 1988 to name but a few. 

Hell, even Frank Bruno was a pretty decent, underated heavyweight the time of their first fight and had Tyson wobbling early on a couple of times.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Under Cus D’Amato he definitely was.

Absolutely, and Kevin Rooney.  I think people only saw the second half of his career, completely different fighter he didn't train wasn't in shape didn't have a good trainer anyway and admits all this himself he was a drug addict so couldn't move like he used to so just became a head hunter.  Stayed still and tried to catch people with one big punch. The early Tyson was technically as good as there's ever been as a heavyweight and easily the fastest.

I notice someone on here said he was susceptible to a jab.  This proves my point, as the entire point of peek a boo was to negate and get inside the jab from a taller fighter.  That's literally what it's all about.  So I don't think many here even saw him at his best.  Lethal.  And people saying he didn't beat many greats blah blah IMO is just the same as people saying tiger woods didn't have great competition whereas he did it's just he beasted them all same with Tyson.  

You have to ask that if he was so mediocre then why is he still arguably the most famous boxer on the planet despite not boxing for decades? If he had stayed on the straight and narrow he would've beaten anyone as long as his body held up.

46 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

You have to ask that if he was so mediocre then why is he still arguably the most famous boxer on the planet despite not boxing for decades? If he had stayed on the straight and narrow he would've beaten anyone as long as his body held up.

Absolutely.  If d'amato was twenty years younger he retires 60 and 0 and the greatest of all time without question.

Archived