Mike Tyson

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Who gives a fk about pound for pound it's just some convoluted pish to make some weaselly little shitebag feel like a hardman when the truth is Tyson would knock out his whole family with one swing of his giant schlong

^^

Doesn’t really understand how boxing weight categories work and also unable to accept Tyson’s stats don’t hold up against other far superior fighters 

2 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Tyson never raped anybody

Even by General Nonsense standards, this is a bit poor.

He has been convicted at the highest standard of proof, following a full jury trial that heard expert testimony from the medic who examined his victim. That decision was appealed and upheld.

On the other hand, we have Tyson's unsubstantiated claims that he didn't do it. The same claim that was properly examined and rejected in a court of law.

Anyone genuinely arguing on the side of Tyson's innocence is either not that rational (I mean that they are not weighing all the evidence "according to its quality") or has a regrettable attitude to how serious his crime was. Or to put it another way, he is de facto a rapist unless and until his conviction is quashed in some way.

On a lighter note, there are rankings available from various expert sources that help cut through the hype. The consensus seems to be that Tyson may have been a top-20 all-time heavyweight, and some rankings even have him in the top 10.

I don't recall seeing him make the top 50 in any of the aggregated ("all divisions", or "pound-for-pound") lists, but is has been a few years since I've followed these closely. Almost all boxing fans take more interest in the pound-for-pound lists: the comparisons can be invidious, but no more so than comparing fighters within a division across different eras.

So true he was absolutely fkn awesome the baddest guys in the sport shat their pants as soon as they got in the ring with him.  Fkn devastating and like a whirlwind smart too.

A truly brave and hard man like Evander Holyfield didn't.

Tyson was indeed a brilliant heavyweight, albeit briefly compared to several other true greats. He's probably in the top ten heavyweights of all time. But that's it.

Pound for pound is not comparing win percentages.  Casual logic.

Tyson was a phenomenal fighter in his prime, a really skillful defensive boxer with a huge variety of punches and extreme power.  However, he was a flat-track bully - just about every time someone stood up to him he caved.   The only time in his career that he won a hard fight was the Razor Ruddock fights.  The prison sentence is usually used as a marker of his decline but I think he would've had the same sort of career arc anyway.  His style of fighting wasn't sustainable and as soon as you lose a bit of reflexes and speed he'd have gone the same way. 

1 hour ago, Unleash The Nade said:

^^

Doesn’t really understand how boxing weight categories work and also unable to accept Tyson’s stats don’t hold up against other far superior fighters 

Heavyweights like Tyson fought guys who were 40 pounds heavier than them and 8 inches taller.  Boxers from other weight divisions don't have to do that as they'd be fighting in a different weight.  Therefore'pound for pound' is utter shite.  And stats in sports are very misleading, Tyson last three fights shouldn't even have been sanctioned he was so out of shape and just needed the money.  Yet they're counted.

He was the youngest heavyweight champion of all time and at his best knocks out anyone ever to have laced up the gloves.  

3 hours ago, sugna said:

Even by General Nonsense standards, this is a bit poor.

He has been convicted at the highest standard of proof, following a full jury trial that heard expert testimony from the medic who examined his victim. That decision was appealed and upheld.

On the other hand, we have Tyson's unsubstantiated claims that he didn't do it. The same claim that was properly examined and rejected in a court of law.

Anyone genuinely arguing on the side of Tyson's innocence is either not that rational (I mean that they are not weighing all the evidence "according to its quality") or has a regrettable attitude to how serious his crime was. Or to put it another way, he is de facto a rapist unless and until his conviction is quashed in some way.

On a lighter note, there are rankings available from various expert sources that help cut through the hype. The consensus seems to be that Tyson may have been a top-20 all-time heavyweight, and some rankings even have him in the top 10.

I don't recall seeing him make the top 50 in any of the aggregated ("all divisions", or "pound-for-pound") lists, but is has been a few years since I've followed these closely. Almost all boxing fans take more interest in the pound-for-pound lists: the comparisons can be invidious, but no more so than comparing fighters within a division across different eras.

Mate, anyone making unequivocal statements like this having done zero research about it except watched the news twenty years ago is a fkn moron m. You literally have no clue what you're talking about and your entire argument rests on a seemingly held belief that nobody ever got wrongly convicted of anything anywhere ever.  Spend ten minutes looking into it you'll agree with me.

Mate, anyone making unequivocal statements like this having done zero research about it except watched the news twenty years ago is a fkn moron m. You literally have no clue what you're talking about and your entire argument rests on a seemingly held belief that nobody ever got wrongly convicted of anything anywhere ever.  Spend ten minutes looking into it you'll agree with me.

Based on Peps previous on here for making up stories I would assume he will tell us he was hiding behind the curtains when Tyson was engaging in this consensual sex with his lover.

1 minute ago, Peppino Impastato said:

I'm going to do you an enormous favour and assume you're simply very drunk.

Because otherwise that's pretty embarrassingly irrational nonsense. Fortunately it doesn't in any way address the substance of what I wrote, so I can say that completely objectively.

While your entire argument is seemingly as one person has been wrongly convicted Mike Tyson definitely was.
To save future debate, who else has been wrongly convicted (but without a court/judge actually confirming it yet)? I don’t want to make myself look an idiot see.

Archived