Sectarianism

On 14/03/2018 at 12:00, DanMc99 said:

i think people just accept it now , it's hardly shocking , most people probably hear sectarianism daily.

Hear it daily !!!!............Where do you live, Northern Ireland?

On ‎17‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 21:35, The_Kincardine said:

1,  We know it's sectarian because it's been used on P&B as a term to describe 'proddies'.  We also know it's sectarian since Celtic fans staged a mock hanging of a representative Protestant above a 'death to ****' banner.  That you don't see this is very much to your demerit.

Any evidence of such a banner? Only banners I recall from that day were 'This is it Bhoys, This is War' above the dolls and 'Know your place, *** Scum' which was at the other end of the stadium. 

On ‎18‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 08:41, The DA said:

I think the fact that Hearts fans are often described as mini-**** gives some weight to the word having sectarian connotations.  What else connects the two teams other than their perceived religious leanings? 

Hearts are the only other club that bring a significant number of union flags to games v Celtic. If you had ever been to a game between the two, it would be obvious. 

On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 22:46, The_Kincardine said:

Looks like the P&B bigots are desperate to cling on to their favourite religious slur.

Religious slur :lol: Catholics that play for Rangers = ****. Protestants that play for Celtic = not ****. Simple really

2 hours ago, WeeMentalDavie said:

Any evidence of such a banner? Only banners I recall from that day were 'This is it Bhoys, This is War' above the dolls and 'Know your place, *** Scum' which was at the other end of the stadium. 

Oh and that makes it much better?  It's perfectly clear from that match that the place for '*** scum' is on the end of a rope and that '****' are Rangers fans and Protestants, which is why one of the dolls was garbed to represent a Protestant.  Absolutely shocking stuff - the worst expression of hate since the Mark Walters incident.

That **** = Rangers fans is utter tosh, as shown by your fans' choice of dress for your puerile sex dolls.  We know from your post that The H Word now applies to teams that bring a, "significant number of union flags to games v Celtic".  We know from elsewhere on the board it can be used to describe supporters of other clubs who may wish Rangers well.  It has certainly been used to describe certain referees and McQuade - a now banned Celtic supporter - stated on here that it was used to describe a 'Proddy'.

There is no argument that The H Word has been used as a religious slur both on P&B and elsewhere.  Over the 12 years I've posted on here the board should be praised for tackling racist and homophobic slurs and for dealing with other sectarian language very well.  Why you and other posters are desperate to cling on to this one is a mystery.  I'm confident, though, it will become as unacceptable as other now-proscribed terms.

Oh and that makes it much better?  It's perfectly clear from that match that the place for '*** scum' is on the end of a rope and that '****' are Rangers fans and Protestants, which is why one of the dolls was garbed to represent a Protestant.  Absolutely shocking stuff - the worst expression of hate since the Mark Walters incident.
That **** = Rangers fans is utter tosh, as shown by your fans' choice of dress for your puerile sex dolls.  We know from your post that The H Word now applies to teams that bring a, "significant number of union flags to games v Celtic".  We know from elsewhere on the board it can be used to describe supporters of other clubs who may wish Rangers well.  It has certainly been used to describe certain referees and McQuade - a now banned Celtic supporter - stated on here that it was used to describe a 'Proddy'.
There is no argument that The H Word has been used as a religious slur both on P&B and elsewhere.  Over the 12 years I've posted on here the board should be praised for tackling racist and homophobic slurs and for dealing with other sectarian language very well.  Why you and other posters are desperate to cling on to this one is a mystery.  I'm confident, though, it will become as unacceptable as other now-proscribed terms.
Garbed to resemble a protestant?

What does a protestant look like?

And dont come the perfectly clear shite. You have taken advantage of interpretation yourself very recently with your thread title in the last Old Firm game.

No doubt you enjoy a cheap dig at Celtic so maybe best leave the arguing to people who can genuinely claim not to lower themselves at any point.

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

No doubt you enjoy a cheap dig at Celtic so maybe best leave the arguing to people who can genuinely claim not to lower themselves at any point.

You are clearly desperate to cling on the this particular sectarian slur.  Pretty pathetic.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:
You are clearly desperate to cling on the this particular sectarian slur.  Pretty pathetic.

What does a protestant look like?

One of their sex dolls was dressed to looklike a member of a Protestant organisation.  Is that clear enough for you?  I don;t even know why you are quibbling this.

One of their sex dolls was dressed to looklike a member of a Protestant organisation.  Is that clear enough for you?  I don;t even know why you are quibbling this.
Ahhh. So it wasnt garbed to look like a protestant at all since protestants are totally indistinguishable in look to every other religion on the planet.

These distinctions are important.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Ahhh. So it wasnt garbed to look like a protestant at all since protestants are totally indistinguishable in look to every other religion on the planet.

Eh?  Many religious groups have distinctive garb/vestments/regalia.  I shouldn't even have to point this out.  Do you think that they chose an Orange collerette to confuse people as which religious group they were alluding to?  Did anyone say, "I see Celtic fans are staging the mock hanging of a sex doll in an Orange collarette.  Are they having a beef with the Druze or maybe the Russian Orthodox?"

6 hours ago, Beano 3d said:

Just watched the Patrick Kielty programme "My Dad, the peace deal and me". Should be made essential viewing for all bigots. 

Ive already posted about in the polictics forum, I think in the DUP thread. Not a massive fan of Patrick Kielty but thought it was a well made documentary, even Arlene Foster didnt come across as a total boot in it.

Edited by gannonball