Livingston v Falkirk: Episode 6 (The Juggernauting)

11 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Not for me.

Remind me of Houston’s team that got shafted at Kilmarnock. Lack anyone with real class. The Premiership team will win the play off again. Convinced of it

Vaulks 

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Back Post Misses
I don't disagree, there isn't much quality in there and, yes, it's likely that the Premier team will triumph over two legs, particularly in the way that the playoffs are structured in their favour. I just think that, of the teams in there, they would have the best chance of progressing. They're nowhere near as soft as Houstie's team was either.

I don’t disagree about being the best equipped. Sad though when a team who plays in that fashion is the best placed.

Guest Back Post Misses
Yep, BPM is talking pish, sour grapes if you ask me.

We've competed with Hibs and Partick Thistle already this season, dodgy ref done us against Hibs but still put 2 past them which is more than Hearts have done all season. We've a bit of grit in our team that would compete well in the play offs, reckon we've a good chance of taking the Premiership team.

Sour grapes - usual retort to try and deflect from reality. Livingston have not managed a goal in three home games against the second worse defence in the league. How will they manage when the heat is on against a Dundee or Ross County.

We will see you next season. Bookmark if you want.

Guest Back Post Misses
Vaulks 

And he got bullied that day at Rugby Park too.

Having one piece of genuine Premiership quality in your side ain’t going to get you up.

Guest Back Post Misses
Firstly great name bud; I loved the Leonard Rossiter portrayal of the character 
Anyway back to football; I think most Livi fans are really happy over the past couple of years where we've been winning more games than we've actually been using; that's not been the case for at least most of the last 15 years. Actually I understand we need to get one more point to beat our highest ever points tally in the championship since we were demoted from the SPL.
The problem is that IF  we qualified for the playoffs and in the event we ended up getting promoted then we'd have to get used to losing again and probably losing a lot. Say what you like about the quality of the championship at least there are a number of clubs within a similar level and almost anyone can at least hope to win the league; that's not an option for most in the Premier league.
That being said the differences in finances in the premier bear little resemblance to that in the championship; if St Mirren win the league (they almost certainly will) they will get about £450k compared to £900k + for finishing 10th - do you opt for a shite season in the premiership to fill the coffers?
One of the biggest problems with the championship in my opinion is not that we're all shite but that we keep ending up playing the same old faces up to six times (or more) a season.
I suppose we did okay against Partick in the Shitefred cup though:  

That was last fucking July - even we were roasting teams then.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

And he got bullied that day at Rugby Park too.

Having one piece of genuine Premiership quality in your side ain’t going to get you up.

Vaulks and 3 or 4 others weren't fully fit that day, that said Killie were a much more a physical team than we were and had the luxury of resting players whilst we were in two draining games. I don't think the current bottom clubs in the prem are as big and physical.

The biggest downfall will be the back log of games livvy will play all crammed in pre the play offs which for sure gives the top league team an advantage. If we were (never been possible for me) to reach 4th, we would have something like 14 games to play in around 48 days to be successful this season.

7 minutes ago, MrDust said:

The biggest downfall will be the back log of games livvy will play all crammed in pre the play offs which for sure gives the top league team an advantage. If we were (never been possible for me) to reach 4th, we would have something like 14 games to play in around 48 days to be successful this season.

We've got two midweek games between now and the end of the season, the last of which is against ICT the midweek before the final game, and will hopefully be a dead rubber. If we do finish second, I wouldn't say it's a particularly gruelling schedule, if its 3rd or 4th then it will undoubtedly have an effect as you say.

Guest Back Post Misses
Josh Magennis was the difference that day.

Emmm, short memory

The two CH’s bossed is as did Kiltie in midfield too.

Way too powerful all over the pitch

38 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Sour grapes - usual retort to try and deflect from reality. Livingston have not managed a goal in three home games against the second worse defence in the league. How will they manage when the heat is on against a Dundee or Ross County.

We will see you next season. Bookmark if you want.

That's how you're coming across, much like some managers you've had, even Hartley in his post match interview, 'we were the best fooball team' fucksake, pish patter from a c**t sitting way below us in the league who got handed his arse in our game at TFS. Houston was as bad, but didn't like it when Hibs came out with that patter against Falkirk. Just sour grapes at not being able to beat us, or that we're 2nd in the league.

You keep banging on about us not scoring in our home games against you, but in the league games we drew both 0-0 and gubbed you in both league games away from home, in a play off that would be us through twice. And in the play offs we're equipped to do exactly that, home or away we're capable of winning, and grinding out a result over two games, the Betfred cup shows that too.

Just now, MrDust said:

Vaulks and 3 or 4 others weren't fully fit that day, that said Killie were a much more a physical team than we were and had the luxury of resting players whilst we were in two draining games. I don't think the current bottom clubs in the prem are as big and physical.

I'd say Dundee Utd will have that problem, they've 5 midweek games to play, and that will prob have an affect on them by the time they get to the play offs. We could do with a midweek game to get back up and running, the stop start season has affected us more than getting a decent run of games going, we were flying with results against St Mirren and Utd then hit a 2 week break and it showed in our performances against Morton and Falkirk, same the last time we played you, took us a couple of games to get sharp again. 

That's how you're coming across, much like some managers you've had, even Hartley in his post match interview, 'we were the best fooball team' fucksake, pish patter from a c**t sitting way below us in the league who got handed his arse in our game at TFS. Houston was as bad, but didn't like it when Hibs came out with that patter against Falkirk. Just sour grapes at not being able to beat us, or that we're 2nd in the league.
You keep banging on about us not scoring in our home games against you, but in the league games we drew both 0-0 and gubbed you in both league games away from home, in a play off that would be us through twice. And in the play offs we're equipped to do exactly that, home or away we're capable of winning, and grinding out a result over two games, the Betfred cup shows that too.

That was last fucking July - even we were roasting teams then.

We've got two midweek games between now and the end of the season, the last of which is against ICT the midweek before the final game, and will hopefully be a dead rubber. If we do finish second, I wouldn't say it's a particularly gruelling schedule, if its 3rd or 4th then it will undoubtedly have an effect as you say.

I'd say Dundee Utd will have that problem, they've 5 midweek games to play, and that will prob have an affect on them by the time they get to the play offs. We could do with a midweek game to get back up and running, the stop start season has affected us more than getting a decent run of games going, we were flying with results against St Mirren and Utd then hit a 2 week break and it showed in our performances against Morton and Falkirk, same the last time we played you, took us a couple of games to get sharp again. 

The Livingston fans really do come across as needy wee souls, desperate for the bigger boys in the playground to tell them how great they are.
A bit sad really.

Just now, Reggie Perrin said:

The Livingston fans really do come across as needy wee souls, desperate for the bigger boys in the playground to tell them how great they are.
A bit sad really.

No, just putting you poor wee souls right, that are loathed to give anyone credit just because how shite your season is. Quite happy with our season and how we're playing, how about you? I think us and St Mirren are the only c***s happy with everything concerning their teams, we're both having a brilliant season. It is ok, i'm not looking for you to agree with me, i'm fine with you not answering to tell me how wonderful Livi are.:thumsup2

Archived