Livingston v Falkirk: Episode 6 (The Juggernauting)

Realistically, to pick up a point away to Livingston we have nothing to complain about.

Just felt we got it wrong by not taking off Longridge. Would have put Welsh on and pushed Sibbald up the park in LLs place. Welsh maybe could have picked out the quality pass we were missing.

Tommy Robson woefully underused down the left in the second half was also frustrating.

Miller made a big difference to them when he came on but im general, it was just a shite scrappy game.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if Boyd is hooked for Miller far earlier, we’re winning that today. Looked a totally different proposition going forward when he came on, and was unlucky not to score. A sign of how the teams’ respective seasons are going that I’m disappointed only taking a point away from a home game with Falkirk.

I think if Boyd is hooked for Miller far earlier, we’re winning that today. Looked a totally different proposition going forward when he came on, and was unlucky not to score. A sign of how the teams’ respective seasons are going that I’m disappointed only taking a point away from a home game with Falkirk.
Although the form table would suggest that both teams dont have too much to moan about other than the quality of the entertainment on show.

2 minutes ago, Afro said:

Very much this, to take 8 points from a possible 12 against Falkirk in the league this season is a great effort given both teams expectations at the start of the season. 

16 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Miller cheating as usual to get Longridge booked.

As much as a stamp on your foot is cheating?

We can take a few things from today,

We look a far better team when Miller is playing
Boyd is shockingly bad
Gallagher, again isn't a midfielder
Buchanan is a solid defender and a good replacement for Halkett when he goes in the summer probably
Mullin still isn't interested, isn't the same player as he was 6 months ago

Pretty even game but we took control when Miller came on, Boyd and Mullin were really bad today but Jacobs in the middle made up for it, best player on the park. We've got a good core of midfield players with Robinson and Jacobs along with our two constant starters in Pittman and Byrne. Still unsure on Thompson as he was bad on Tuesday and doesn't seem to hassle the opposition in the same way Robinson and Jacobs do which is what makes us tick.

What a fucking garbage game of football that was.  Only Sibbald, Grant and Hazard merit even mentioning for Falkirk.

highlight of the day (says a lot) was the laughable substitution announcements.  If there’s ever a way to make your club seem like a bunch of clowns, Livi will find it.

What a fucking garbage game of football that was.  Only Sibbald, Grant and Hazard merit even mentioning for Falkirk.
highlight of the day (says a lot) was the laughable substitution announcements.  If there’s ever a way to make your club seem like a bunch of clowns, Livi will find it.
Hazard doesnt really merit a mention. Not a huge amount to do, but his distribution was fucking shite

For a few cracking tackles and a goal line clearance, i think muirheads defending deserves a mention. I didn't think much of grant tbh.

That pitch forces punt baw fitba, nae wonder livi dont get fans. Any argument against artificial pitches disappeared today, especially as we've had more injuries at the pasta bowl than anywhere else.

Grim stuff, but to be fair impossible to play decent football on that coo field of a pitch. Livingston are very efficient at what they do but it's not pretty to watch. 0-0 the right result for this instantly forgettable game.

Hazard doesnt really merit a mention. Not a huge amount to do, but his distribution was fucking shite

Completely this.

I don’t think I have been more irritated than I was today by the number of pointless long balls up field that would either end up with Alexander, out of play, or inevitably to a Livi outfield player, who outmuscled us at points today.

Only pass marks for me today was Muirhead who defended admirably. If only he could pass a ball....

22 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

Sibbald was garbage imo. Worst I’ve seen him. One nice pirouette in the middle of the park and promptly passed it straight to our defence.

Grant and Muirhead were both excellent defensively but Grant struggled with the ball all day - he put the ball out or gave it away several times when he had a teammate to pass to.

Even first half but we should have taken all three points with the second half display. Hardie MUST play Pittman through instead of shooting from 25 yards. Poor decision from him. BSLM unlucky no to get a goal when he came on. Pittman played well but had two great chances that he would normally take.

Says a lot about our season that I was coming away disappointed with a point v Falkirk.

That was absolutely fuckin dire! Grant and Sibbald slightly above average, the rest were pretty shite. Thought the game passed Blair by and Longridge was anonymous. Not enough options on the bench to make any real difference although I would maybe have brought Taiwo on for LL and moved Sibbs forward.

Livi fans, please tell me that's the worst you've played this season?

Just now, ShaggerG said:

That was absolutely fuckin dire! Grant and Sibbald slightly above average, the rest were pretty shite. Thought the game passed Blair by and Longridge was anonymous. Not enough options on the bench to make any real difference although I would maybe have brought Taiwo on for LL and moved Sibbs forward.

We played much worse on Tue night. Not great today but that wind was tough to play football in (plus the bog of a pitch and the Baltic temperature).

15 minutes ago, Snooky said:

Hardie MUST play Pittman through instead of shooting from 25 yards. Poor decision from him. 

Hardie waited for it, Pittman was offside for his entire run

We played much worse on Tue night. Not great today but that wind was tough to play football in (plus the bog of a pitch and the Baltic temperature).

Don’t know why the pitch was remotely relevant to you lot. Everything from you involved long or high balls. My only disappointment is that we seemed to try the same thing too today and failed miserably.

We looked the more likelier to score today, but it wasn't to be. The bitter cold weather prob contributed to our final ball being a bit off and snatching at shots in front of goal. I think leaving Miller out was a mistake too, Boyd is too small for how we play and you immediately saw a difference when Miller came on and how he linked up with Hardie getting flick ons from high balls.

Hardie will miss our next game due to international call up, so that was prob why Hoppy went with Boyd, but maybe we should have started with Miller and got a goal then brought Boyd on, all done and dusted now though and the point is a decent result against one of the in form teams. Falkirk will take points from Utd too I think.

Results wth the teams below us went our way too so no damage done, Utd, Dunfermline and Morton all drew, and QoS lost to St Mirren. That more or less puts St Mirren out of reach so 2nd place is what we're playing for and it looks like a 2 horse race between us and Utd for it.

Just now, ShaggerG said:

The cup game and other 0-0 draw against Falkirk were prob worse than this game. Our away games against Falkirk have def been a lot better, for us anyway.

Guest Back Post Misses

They have been as bad on all three of our visits there. It is a mark of how poor a quality league it is that they are 2nd.

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

They have been as bad on all three of our visits there. It is a mark of how poor a quality league it is that they are 2nd.

Or that we've played one another 6 times and Falkirk came to play for a draw. Games at TFS certainly weren't as poor, and our 4-1 win over St Mirren wasn't either, so the shows how poor the league is chat is nonsense. All leagues have games like this, never going to get a great game of football in bitter cold windy weather on a cut up pitch either, poor patter from you. We're 2nd on merit and have proven ourselves a match for teams in the Premiership too, I fancy our chances in the play offs.

Archived