Livingston v Falkirk: Episode 6 (The Juggernauting)

Surely we are all sick of the sight of eachother by now, but since the hot topics of racism and the merits of Player of the Year awards have been beat to death already this week on our thread, we may aswell turn our attention to the weekend.

Bodied twice off Livingston at home in the league and once in the League cup versus a Scottish Cup win and a turgid 0-0 draw in the league at the pasta bowl... I think we can all agree that this is set up to be an instant classic. 

Should be an easy team selection for Hartley since we won convincingly at the weekend but he does seem quite prone to changing a winning team. Really just want to see us competing. Livingston and getting on towards being the kind of bogey team that we feel we can't compete against but hopefully Hartley has learned something from the last game and we make a decent fist of it. Winning there in the cup suggests we can but the last game we took a pounding and it could easily have the players running scared a wee bit.

Hoping for a better performance from the lads at FTV this weekend since I remain confined to nightshift (Abroad, obviously). 

Keep it clean...

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A tough one, Hopkin has built a solid unit out of nothing & he's deservedly enjoying a lot of success at the moment. I think teams who sit in and stifle the opposition are better suited to playing them and, as Ibrox proved, shitfesting a game is beyond us. Our hopes lie in everyone performing on the day & simply outplaying/scoring them. Sibbs, Robson & Tumilty, in particular, need to turn up on the day as these are the areas they can punish us.

8 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Surely we are all sick of the sight of eachother by now, but since the hot topics of racism and the merits of Player of the Year awards have been beat to death already this week on our thread, we may aswell turn our attention to the weekend.

Bodied twice off Livingston at home in the league and once in the League cup versus a Scottish Cup win and a turgid 0-0 draw in the league at the pasta bowl... I think we can all agree that this is set up to be an instant classic. 

Should be an easy team selection for Hartley since we won convincingly at the weekend but he does seem quite prone to changing a winning team. Really just want to see us competing. Livingston and getting on towards being the kind of bogey team that we feel we can't compete against but hopefully Hartley has learned something from the last game and we make a decent fist of it. Winning there in the cup suggests we can but the last game we took a pounding and it could easily have the players running scared a wee bit.

Hoping for a better performance from the lads at FTV this weekend since I remain confined to nightshift (Abroad, obviously). 

Keep it clean...

Id bring in Taiwo.....if fit......naturally 

Last night was as poor as we’ve been this season so we will need to be a lot better to get anything from this game. 

Falkirk on a great run, and will be dangerous opponents, they rightly still have an eye on the promotion playoffs. 

If we win this though it will almost certainly secure our playoff place, great incentive for the team. 

Shaun Byrne being out is a blow,  if Robinson is fit I’d bring him into the side, if not gonna have to be Jacobs, hopefully Cadden is fit too, we really missed him last night. 

Big game for both sides, tough one to call. 

I'd say Jacobs is an obv choice to replace the suspended Byrne, same drive and energy chasing down balls, and Robinson would come in for Thompson as a more attacking midfielder who has got us goals. Cadden and Rafa on the wings has looked good but have no idea what the situation is with Cadden but Robinson  was on the bench last night so maybe will get a game on Sat.

Players were a bit off the pace against Morton, that fraction out with passes makes a lot of difference, so hopefully getting that game under their belts has blown the cobwebs off for this game. It will be another tough game in any case, and massive if we can get the 3 points, Falkirk are one of the teams i'd like to see playing Utd because I think they'd take points from them so they could easily do the same to us.

Guest Back Post Misses

Keep it clean...

No Taiwo please ????

Guest Back Post Misses
Dont fucking start!!!!

I do think Blair should keep his place though.

Now that lad knows what ball retention is about.... soz

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

Now that lad knows what ball retention is about.... soz

I am a big believer in horses for courses. It pleased me to hear Hartley say the other day that he also will be looking to change the team depending on the opposition. Taiwo had a bad outing against Livi last time out and Blair has just been part of a team that thumped Morton who are flying high. 

Not to say Hartley will always get it right, but I see it as no slight on Taiwo or anyone elses ability for the manager to say this game isn't suited to you. In fact it's what a manager should be doing. 

I think Blair would be too soft for Livvy on Saturday, he was fine v Morton where there was space to play in, it will be British bulldogs on Saturday....

I think Hartley may stick with the same 11 tho, no issue with that as no one let us down

I think we now have a fairly strong squad with decent options on the bench. TT does a good job but I really don’t get the wankfest over him on here at times. Blair did well on Saturday but struggled late on, which is only expected with his lack of game time. I wouldn’t change our starting 11 from Saturday but PH does like to tweak things at times.

We have it in us to get a result but livi are a decent side and one I’d hate to play in the playoffs if we were to play like Barcelona and sneak 4th place. 

I honestly see livi doing a hamilton and going up via the playoffs. 

Guest Back Post Misses
I am a big believer in horses for courses. It pleased me to hear Hartley say the other day that he also will be looking to change the team depending on the opposition. Taiwo had a bad outing against Livi last time out and Blair has just been part of a team that thumped Morton who are flying high. 
Not to say Hartley will always get it right, but I see it as no slight on Taiwo or anyone elses ability for the manager to say this game isn't suited to you. In fact it's what a manager should be doing. 

Taiwo was absolutely horrific at Ibrox hence he lost his place. He won't get it back anytime soon if Blair performs, nor should he IMO.

6 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Taiwo was absolutely horrific at Ibrox hence he lost his place. He won't get it back anytime soon if Blair performs, nor should he IMO.

I am not sure I would use Ibrox as a yardstick for anyone in our team tbh. Not much int he way of passmarks

13 hours ago, MrDust said:

I think Blair would be too soft for Livvy on Saturday, he was fine v Morton where there was space to play in, it will be British bulldogs on Saturday....

I think Hartley may stick with the same 11 tho, no issue with that as no one let us down

He managed fine against a clogger like Harkins. Start with Blair and then bring Welsh on if he tires. 

Fucked off with having games postponed but this game could be in doubt, just checked the weather report for Fri/Sat in Livingston and it is set to drop to -1 overnight and only to rise to zero by noon. Our covers aren't worth a shit for frost protection and we rarely put them down anyway, so not confident we'll pass a pitch inspection if they have one.

3 hours ago, Gaz said:

I can't see us getting anything from this game, unfortunately.

A strange comment considering you just put three past Morton and we have injuries and suspensions particularly to our midfield.

One thing I will say for certain about Saturday is bring your thermal as it will be effin baltic.

31 minutes ago, Durnford said:

A strange comment considering you just put three past Morton and we have injuries and suspensions particularly to our midfield.

One thing I will say for certain about Saturday is bring your thermal as it will be effin baltic.

We also put 6 (six) past Dundee utd then got beat 4-1 off of ICT. The way our season has been there is nothing strange about that comment. 

Archived