Motherwell v Aberdeen Scottish Cup Semi Final

welldaft

24 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I can understand the Motherwell supporters on here being euphoric, but get some perspective guys and gals. Aberdeen were dreadful for all three goals and Motherwell did nothing to get the goals apart from be there. They are a pretty poor side who got lucky today, and the performance was not in the same league as their 3.0 win in the league cup quarters. No real football played by Motherwell, and didn’t create a single chance from their own play, the first goal was a foul for handball, whether you admit it or not. 

My rule has always been that if you get beat 3-0 (or more), you suck it up and move on - it's the kind of scoreline that doesn't lend itself to disclaimers. How well or otherwise we had to play to beat the pea-hearts that we were against today is largely irrelevant.

Also, to be fair - the Dons I spoke to today were very classy in defeat - which is an achievement with sleep deprivation.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, Swello said:

My rule has always been that if you get beat 3-0 (or more), you suck it up and move on - it's the kind of scoreline that doesn't lend itself to disclaimers. How well or otherwise we had to play to beat the pea-hearts that we were against today is largely irrelevant.

I agree.

I do think Motherwell will have to improve to win the cup, but that's irrelevant to today.  Aberdeen fans will do our own post-mortem, but I do congratulate Motherwell and wish you every success in the final.

1 hour ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

I wiped out my 70 year old mother when the second went in. Caught her before she hit the floor and saved myself and her from falling into the row behind.

I should have been a wrestler.

^^^^Randy Giles alias found.

3 minutes ago, HAMLISCH said:

The actual match was an absolute stinker but fair play to Motherwell as they looked like they wanted it more and took the chances when they presented themselves.  Enjoy the final.

I'd not have said the match was a stinker.  I watched it on my PC and quite enjoyed it.  Motherwell played very well and, man for man, were clear winners.

Aberdeen were fucking rotten and bossed all over the park.

3 hours ago, Comrie said:

I was out earlier and missed it live but jesus, Aberdeen were absolutely pish. Árnason is an international quality centre half, apparently. 

Motherwell well deserved winners.

I had always thought he was a midfielder?  Looked good on the ball when carrying forward.  

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I can understand the Motherwell supporters on here being euphoric, but get some perspective guys and gals. Aberdeen were dreadful for all three goals and Motherwell did nothing to get the goals apart from be there. They are a pretty poor side who got lucky today, and the performance was not in the same league as their 3.0 win in the league cup quarters. No real football played by Motherwell, and didn’t create a single chance from their own play, the first goal was a foul for handball, whether you admit it or not. 

How did you feel this time last year when Aberdeen made the final from 2 gifted goals and a wild deflection?

Perspective doesn't come into it when your team's just made it to the Scottish Cup Final.

8 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

giphy.webp

I'm sure he's the one who said we were "lucky" and "a dreadful team" after we thumped them 5-1. 

Aberdeen fans are cute. 

Nope. Not ready for this thread yet.

Still miserable/seething

ETA - well done Motherwell. We were well and truly beaten and sincerely hope you go onto win the cup.

Unfortunately, if we finish 4th (pretty likely) we’ll need Motherwell to lose the final to make Europe.

Agree with the sentiment however.

I had a right good day yesterday. f**k knows when I’ll be able to drive back up to the highlands though.

Curtis Main is going to win us the cup and he deserves a better song. I’ve got a feeling that we’ll win the cup, sell Kipre, Main and others for good dough and then get relegated next season.

40 minutes ago, ropy said:

On elbows, did Newell take one to the jaw, he looked out cold as he hit the floor

It did look like an elbow - but nothing out of the ordinary - it was the fall that just about knocked him out.

9 hours ago, kingjoey said:

lol-duck.gif

Archived