East of Scotland semi finals

Dinsey

1 hour ago, NewBallsPlease said:

As someone base mainly in the West, who would have been the main tips at the start of the competition? Pennies/Craigshill?

Aye they’d have both been right up the top of a lot of people’s lists. Without actually knowing too much about them before we played, Pennies came with a massive reputation and were expected to clean up I think. 

Teams like ourselves, Sandys and both last seasons finalists Salvie and Tollcross would have been confident about their own chances too. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aye they’d have both been right up the top of a lot of people’s lists. Without actually knowing too much about them before we played, Pennies came with a massive reputation and were expected to clean up I think. 
Teams like ourselves, Sandys and both last seasons finalists Salvie and Tollcross would have been confident about their own chances too. 

Thanks mate.

Don't  know how pennies come with a big reputation and  would have been top of alot people' list at start of the season they haven't won anything in the short time they have been going  . Ave spoke to a few people regarding them and as far as I know they got a new manager at the start of this season  and its more or less a new team from last season aswel so wouldn't have expected them to be people' favourites to win it 

18 hours ago, NewBallsPlease said:

I see in the SAFA website it still has the final as St Bernard’s v Stenhousemuir or Fallin and no result for the second semi-final.

Is there an appeal/protest in or has this just not been updated?

Yesterday’s Scottish tie has been updated.

Probably just not updated mate, don’t think there’s any problems with the result. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully a result for St.Bernards.

Bit ropey of late in the league due to injuries and so many games in a short period of time so what looked like a league winning side now probably well out of it a pity as Dinsey has put in alot of work over the course of the season and squad seemed alot more settled compared to that of last season.

We are looking forward to tomorrow. 2 good teams that will get the ball down and play and attack.

I don’t think there is much between the sides and this could go all the way. Unfortunately our injury situation hasn’t really improved as much as we had hoped but we still have a strong squad and the boys are buzzing to be involved. 

May the best team win and I hope everyone enjoys. 

Brilliant night for us last night. After  losing our last 2 going into this game, I think a few people had written us off a bit however we dominated the game from start to finish and ran out comfortable winners in the end. 

Fallin boys were brilliant in defeat and we wish them all the very best. 

Archived