Alloa v East Fife

17 minutes ago, Not a Bee said:

Just watched that back and Gaz has caught the boy high up the leg so red card was correct.  No appeal will overturn that one.

Not convinced by that footage will pass judgment until i see our clubs footage  didn't think it deserved a red when it happened on the night  & i was not far from it 

Personally thought it was a straight red. He had reacted to being pushed off ball. At Which point the ref should have blown up. Instead Gaz went straight after the lad and caught him high with studs showing.

Maybe Gaz just didn’t fancy back to back games against Airdrie

On 13/03/2018 at 21:55, whereismillar said:

why are East fife so low in the league , seems strange on this performance, 

Our record against Arbroath, Alloa,  Stranraer, Airdrie and Albion Rovers is W-11, D-3, L-3 - comfortably in the realm of 'championship winning form'.

Our combined record against Ayr, Raith, Forfar and Queen's Park is W-1, D-0, L-11.

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 15:16, LeodhasXD said:

just wait

Alloa highlights of red card inconclusive as players and Gaz himself blocks the view.  I stand by red card from EF highlights.  I assume that club have appealed but nothing on our website - not unusual - nor SFA disciplinary web page to confirm if that was the case.  What happened to fast track appeal process?

Alloa highlights of red card inconclusive as players and Gaz himself blocks the view.  I stand by red card from EF highlights.  I assume that club have appealed but nothing on our website - not unusual - nor SFA disciplinary web page to confirm if that was the case.  What happened to fast track appeal process?

The news article after the game (posted Wednesday) says:
The club have today logged an appeal with the SFA in connection with the issue of a Red Card for Garry Fleming on the evening. The appeal will be heard by the SFA at a date likely to be next week.

4 minutes ago, English Wasp said:

The news article after the game (posted Wednesday) says:

Was this added at a later time because I'm sure it wasn't there when I read the match report when originally posted.  Apologies if it was.

4 minutes ago, English Wasp said:

As for the foul, I don't think it was any worse that Hetherington's tackle yesterday which only got him a booking. If anything, I would say Hetherington was the worse of the two.

You will get interpretation from different referees over fouls in different games - some red that should be yellow and vice versa, some bookings that were never bookings and clear bookings that don't even merit a talking to.  The point I was making on the Gaz challenge is he gave the ref a decision to be made and  it was just a question of colour.  I personally can't argue with the red but I wouldn't have batted much of an eyelid if it was the same yellow Stevie got.  I looked at the card a few times and the ref gets one go at it from one angle.  The EF angle was a red for me but the AA angle would probably merit a yellow as not as clear.

Archived