Raith Rovers v East Fife

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Ayr beat Arbroath and Forfar, what’s Smith’s team talk for this one? Hopefully it isn’t the Yogi Hughes ‘you’re all getting sacked if you don’t start winning’ talk. That is not an effective team talk.

I suppose it’s along the lines of ‘we can go unbeaten at home all season’ and ‘we can win the play-offs!’ Both of which would still be good achievements.

The stumbling block for the play-offs team talk is we’ve never won a tie in 4 attempts. They are in the past. 5th time lucky. 

Onwards and upwards.

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

Grant, generally what happens when you go up to the Championship is you get rid of players who aren’t going to hack it and you sign some better players. Then you try to not get relegated or go bust, while assembling a decent squad. Then you possibly challenge for the league title or play-offs.

Then, if you’re really unfortunate, your dumb f**k Board of inept blazers hires the likes of Gary F Locke and gets you relegated, ably assisted by a player you’ve loaned to a rival team in the same league, while selling all your decent youth players. Then you crash into the Seaside League and stay there for 2 or 3 seasons. 

Elton John wrote a song about it.

You seem to suggest that your team are too big for this league. You are in this league for the same same reason as we are - this is the level our clubs' performances on and off the park are at...

36 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

You seem to suggest that your team are too big for this league. You are in this league for the same same reason as we are - this is the level our clubs' performances on and off the park are at...

Where in the post you quoted did I suggest that?

As it goes, we are too big for this league. We’re in this league as we were relegated from the Championship. East Fife are in this league as they won League 2. 

2 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Where in the post you quoted did I suggest that?

As it goes, we are too big for this league. We’re in this league as we were relegated from the Championship. East Fife are in this league as they won League 2. 

In what way are you "too big for this league"?

Extrapolate...

Just now, Angusfifer said:

In what way are you "too big for this league"?

Extrapolate...

We can generally attract more than 1000 paying customers.

We have four sides to our ground.

Basically, we aren’t East Fife.

However, as alluded to in another post somewhere on this forum. Any more than a few years down here and we’ll turn into East Fife. No fans, no money, possibly no ground.

3 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Same way as Hamilton are too wee for the Premier

That's an odd thing to say. Hamilton Accies appear to have survived for three consecutive seasons in the Premier League and look set to do so this season. Why are they too wee?

We are where we are but I feel we are to big for this league out of the 34 years I've supported the rovers 25 or26 years have been spent in the top 2 division's. So we are more used to playing at a higher level most clubs in this level haven't been in the second tier for a very long time. Genuine question when was the last time East Fife played in the championship or when it was called the 1st division?

6 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

We absolutely deserve to be in this league and don't particularly look any better than any of the other teams right now. 

You and that lad from East Fife are talking ‘team’. I’m talking ‘club’.

Our team is very Seaside League.

We've got the biggest home support in league and a big empty stadium.  There's nothing I would describe as big about how the club is run, that's for sure. 

We aren't too big for the league.  Everyone in this league is there on merit one way or another. 

37 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

We've got the biggest home support in league and a big empty stadium.  There's nothing I would describe as big about how the club is run, that's for sure. 

We aren't too big for the league.  Everyone in this league is there on merit one way or another. 

I’d rather we had a big empty stadium in the Championship. If we weren’t too big for this league then we’d all be thrilled at spending another season or two down here. Fact is it’s a poor league with a load of part-time teams who are poorly supported, which is why we can’t wait to get out.

Hopefully Arbroath can hold on and do some damage to Ayr to give us a fighting chance of getting out.

I’d rather we had a big empty stadium in the Championship. If we weren’t too big for this league then we’d all be thrilled at spending another season or two down here. Fact is it’s a poor league with a load of part-time teams who are poorly supported, which is why we can’t wait to get out.
Hopefully Arbroath can hold on and do some damage to Ayr to give us a fighting chance of getting out.

Too big for this league. [emoji23]

You should take yourself down to the Clyde forum in the League 2 section and you can all discuss your delusions of grandeur.

3 minutes ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

Too big for this league. emoji23.png

You should take yourself down to the Clyde forum in the League 2 section and you can all discuss your delusions of grandeur.

30 years of hurt, you never stopped believing.

Even when they bulldozed Bayview.

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

You are so fucking deluded its quite sad.

You, Frank and SteaknGravy should hold hands on Sunday. A fine trio you make.

Archived