Raith Rovers v East Fife

2 hours ago, east fife for life said:

Just out of interest why couldn't the game be played last night or tonight? Too short notice for both clubs or will the revised game still be shown on alba?

The fact we were quick to rearrange the postponed Saturday game against Forfar for the Tuesday which was subsequently postponed can only  guess both Rovers and East Fife clubs couldn,t come to an agreement to play last night or tonight

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why oh why are we asking fans to chose between watching club or country? Clearly this decision will result in a reduced crowd at a time we have the begging bowl out asking fans to buy next years season tickets. Is this a club or SPFL decision? If the former questions need to be asked of the powers that be within RRFC.

Why oh why are we asking fans to chose between watching club or country? Clearly this decision will result in a reduced crowd at a time we have the begging bowl out asking fans to buy next years season tickets. Is this a club or SPFL decision? If the former questions need to be asked of the powers that be within RRFC.

Because we have never been involved in a club v country debate before.

Maybe, they are testing our loyalty after this seasons goings on. Or i am guessing the board have no idea the scotland game is even on.

8 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Maybe, they are testing our loyalty after this seasons goings on. Or i am guessing the board have no idea the scotland game is even on.

The Board certainly come across as a bit scoobied.

Boards have no idea regarding what does or does not inconvenience their supporters, they can't see past or out of their own wee bubble, they just barry on regardless assuring themselves that the mindless sheep will follow, if this wasn't true then they would have noticed that such a conflict would arise regarding their chosen date and would have picked the following day or even the next week, but they didn't, so a big f**k you and give us your money anyway from our glorious leaders!!!

7 hours ago, buchan30 said:

The board have no idea full stop.

I think you will find that it was the Spfl who decided that the game should be played next week. When it gets to this time of year they look to have all outstanding games played as soon as possible. No one would have been available from the league on Sunday so the earliest the rearranged date could be set was Monday morning & they would have considered 34 hours as too short notice for the game.

Clubs can only rearrange games between themselves up until the end of February after that its the Spfl who say where & when.

Why not the Wednesday then???

So the same League who ensure that "Live" League TV KO times aren't allowed to clash with any unbroadcast games will still allow the match to coincide with the same Live KO time of an International game involving the same Country, being broadcast from that same country???

Imbeciles in charge!!!

Why not the Wednesday then???
So the same League who ensure that "Live" League TV KO times aren't allowed to clash with any unbroadcast games will still allow the match to coincide with the same Live KO time of an International game involving the same Country, being broadcast from that same country???
Imbeciles in charge!!!

I'm going to assume you mean the Spfl?

I'm going to assume you mean the Spfl?

It's for whomever suggested the date and whomever accepted the date!!!

6 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Boards have no idea regarding what does or does not inconvenience their supporters, they can't see past or out of their own wee bubble, they just barry on regardless assuring themselves that the mindless sheep will follow, if this wasn't true then they would have noticed that such a conflict would arise regarding their chosen date and would have picked the following day or even the next week, but they didn't, so a big f**k you and give us your money anyway from our glorious leaders!!!

Disappointing from you KK...

I think you will find that it was the Spfl who decided that the game should be played next week. When it gets to this time of year they look to have all outstanding games played as soon as possible. No one would have been available from the league on Sunday so the earliest the rearranged date could be set was Monday morning & they would have considered 34 hours as too short notice for the game.
Clubs can only rearrange games between themselves up until the end of February after that its the Spfl who say where & when.

If that’s the case then how did Forfar and Raith choose their initial rearranged date on the day of the postponement, in March?

This whole discussion about the replay encapsulates the insularity of Scottish football administrators. Because the SPFL management (and I use the term with some hesitation) will never have considered the possibility that some fans might well want to support their own club AND their national team we end up with a ridiculous decision.

I wonder if it ever will be the case that Scottish football administrators actually realise that they are part of the entertainment sector and that the traditional view of fans as fodder no longer applies.

Incidentally while I accept the assurance above that this fixture decision is not the responsibility of the two clubs I think there is a wider culpability for allowing the absurd approach to governance that has developed and that all the individual clubs have a shared responsibility for this.

Archived