Netflix

Biscuits

Has anyone warned the horror film Veronica on it? I read that it was a properly disturbing film and up there with the creepiest ones of all time.

Thanks for starting this thread btw, good idea!

I enjoyed it but it’s certainly not one of the creepiest films I’ve seen. Think the fact it’s based on a true story makes it more scary.

I enjoyed Lilyhammer. Silvio from Sopranos plays a new york mobster who moves to Norway. Couple of the Norwegians are brilliant characters and decent few laughs along the way

I enjoyed it but it’s certainly not one of the creepiest films I’ve seen. Think the fact it’s based on a true story makes it more scary.

Not sure when I will get the time to watch it but I will report back when I do! My Mrs refuses to watch it because of a review she read saying it was deeply disturbing, if I just told her it was a horror film chosen at random she would gladly watch it as well.

We were both quite disturbed by Annabelle creation when we watched it. Creepy as f**k.

On 17/03/2018 at 16:07, FifeArab said:

With the F1 season coming back, I watched the documentary ‘Williams’ yesterday.

Decent watch like, even for someone who doesn’t watch F1.

The Dirty Money documentaries are pretty decent for anyone wanting some more doc action, and of course Louis Theroux is there too.

No mention of Better Call Saul yet? :o

For a bit of light entertainment, Santa Clarita diet is worth watching, particularly with the new season coming this week

ETA - talking of second series, David Tenants bad guy in Jessica Jones is superb. Thats season 1 but season 2 has just some out too

Edited by Mr X

11 hours ago, Terry Tibbs said:

I enjoyed Lilyhammer. Silvio from Sopranos plays a new york mobster who moves to Norway. Couple of the Norwegians are brilliant characters and decent few laughs along the way

Thanks for that.

Series one was IIRC on BBC4 then not at all.

I have recently had access to Netflix, due to subsidising my offspring and this is a series of programmes I will be watching.

It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia

Thank you! 6 posts before being mentioned, I was close to a meltdown. It's got to be one of the best comedies ever. Superb television.

Currently watching Trailer Park Boys. One of mates has been banging on about it for years and a couple of weeks ago I decided to finally give it a shot. Really very amusing and at times it’s proper laugh-out-loud funny. Jim Lahey has been fantastic thus far.

Have you got to the episode where they are using hand puppets? Actually tears and stomach pains. I had to rewind it several times as I kept missing parts due to laughing.

I share the love of Netflix. I have Kodi but don't have any issues paying for this. They seem to be churning out a lot of their own stuff now as well which has been a complete hit (going by what I've watched. I've not watched everything they've produced). I have two grievances with the service though - I download lots of stuff and not everything is downloadable. I know this isn't their fault but it's still a bit frustrating. My biggest problem is that not everything they have is listed. I'll type a word in and a whole host of films/shows will come up that didn't appear while I was scrolling through everything. It just makes me wonder what other gems they have that aren't pushed.

There are loads of great boxsets. Santa Clarita has been mentioned and is worth a watch. Peep Show hasn't been mentioned yet and I've just finished another run through of Friends.

6 hours ago, Co.Down Hibee said:

Just finished watching the Sinner, pretty good drama starring Jennifer Biel and Bill Pullman.

Seven seconds is another good watch.

Has anyone seen black lightning yet?if so what's it like?

Black Lightning is pretty good. Bit darker (no pun intended there :ph34r:) than the likes of Supergirl/Legends of Tomorrow and better for it.

See Barfly is on there, worth a watch if you’ve never seen it. Though possibly just for Bukowski fans as it’s quite cool to see if you’ve read his book about the making of it, Holywood. Bit too 80s maybe otherwise.

Have you got to the episode where they are using hand puppets? Actually tears and stomach pains. I had to rewind it several times as I kept missing parts due to laughing.

I share the love of Netflix. I have Kodi but don't have any issues paying for this. They seem to be churning out a lot of their own stuff now as well which has been a complete hit (going by what I've watched. I've not watched everything they've produced). I have two grievances with the service though - I download lots of stuff and not everything is downloadable. I know this isn't their fault but it's still a bit frustrating. My biggest problem is that not everything they have is listed. I'll type a word in and a whole host of films/shows will come up that didn't appear while I was scrolling through everything. It just makes me wonder what other gems they have that aren't pushed.

There are loads of great boxsets. Santa Clarita has been mentioned and is worth a watch. Peep Show hasn't been mentioned yet and I've just finished another run through of Friends.

Third watch through of it.

Charlie and Mac are fucking brilliant. Dee has some class moments and I love Frank too. Dennis is a good character but definitely my least favourite.

Yeah me and the Mrs enjoyed Santa Clarita Diet, didn't seemingly go down too well in the States, but obviously well enough for a second series which starts on Friday I believe? 

Both series of Wet Hot American Summer were enjoyable, stupid humour but it got me through some awful jetlag after visiting the States last year.

Brooklyn 99 is fucking exceptional, not one character in it I don't like.

I watched bits and pieces of the Sinner, mainly the last two episodes, but herself loved it. I had to walk away at the CPR incident. 

Oddly enjoyed Girlboss as well, but after doing a bit of research on the main character, in real life she is bit of a p***k.

So yeah, Netflix is sound, and it's even better I am still watching it on an Ex's account. 

Watched Seven Seconds over the last few weeks...

Spoiler

That's 10 hours of my life I'll never get back.

A long, drawn-out palava that could have been bagged in not much more than Seven Seconds.

It was an interesting look at the US judicial system, though - like how it's possible for a lawyer to be blatantly in contempt of court on numerous occasions, even being arrested in court, yet be allowed back in for closing arguments where she presents new evidence - both illegal and contemptuous. It was as blatant a mistrial as you're ever likely to see. To take 10 hours to get to that stage and get it so ludicrously inaccurate is quite a feat.

Utter nonsense. Don't waste your time like me.

On 19/03/2018 at 07:54, 19QOS19 said:

Conky! One of the funniest episodes of any show ever IMO. Steve French is up there too.

Conky! One of the funniest episodes of any show ever IMO. Steve French is up there too.

God aye, forgot conky [emoji38] The one I was thinking of was when those 3 had hand puppets and were putting on a show for a hall full of school kids.

Just started Wild Wild Country. Emdy given this a go yet?