Netflix

Biscuits

Started Baby Reindeer last night and finished it today. Dark as f**k, creepy, thrilling, and funny, and something to ponder over now it's done. There was an awful lot of it I really loved but I'm not sure how I feel about it overall.

On 16/04/2024 at 01:50, Bully Wee Villa said:

I thought it was excellent but grim as f**k. I'd definitely recommend it but have no intention of ever watching it again.

It's excellent. But it would be even better with a proper actor in the lead role.

9 hours ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Just finished Baby Reindeer too and would echo what others have said. It's both fantastic yet horrific, I thought a story like that would have been more well known.

I can't work out if he is presented his stand-up routine as truly unfunny/awful as that was the reality ie where he was in life and what he considered to be funny at that time. Or whether he is presenting the stand-up parts as "good comedy".

I read that he had played the fringe a number of times before the stalking began and had won awards. Obviously the timelines for Baby Reindeer are likely to have been altered to make it all more cohesive but there is nothing remotely funny about the main guy. Not even his stage stuff, but the one liners that he made to his trans partner were awful also. 

I cannot believe he is considered a successful comedian.