Motherwell v Celtic

The galling part of the sending off is that Thomson doesn't see it. He sees Brown rolling about the ground (which was an absolute riddy btw) and can't get the red card out his pocket fast enough. A half decent referee would have stood them both up and told them to fucking grow up and, at absolute worst, booked the pair of them. More than anything the red card ruined what was an excellent game of football up to that point. 

I thought our defence was outstanding. Carson making vital saves is nothing to be surprised at these days, and my goodness is that a change from the past few years. Richard Tait was playing like a man possessed. He's an absolute athlete and right to the last minute he was shutting their 'keeper down before bending space and time to appear as the last man and block a shot. And Curtis Main looks like every defender's worst nightmare to play against. He's rapid across the ground, and he's got the physique to hold off 4 players at a time. 

Also shout out to Sinclair for a dive so bad even his own fans didn't claim for it. 

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

The galling part of the sending off is that Thomson doesn't see it. He sees Brown rolling about the ground (which was an absolute riddy btw) and can't get the red card out his pocket fast enough. A half decent referee would have stood them both up and told them to fucking grow up and, at absolute worst, booked the pair of them. More than anything the red card ruined what was an excellent game of football up to that point. 

I thought our defence was outstanding. Carson making vital saves is nothing to be surprised at these days, and my goodness is that a change from the past few years. Richard Tait was playing like a man possessed. He's an absolute athlete and right to the last minute he was shutting their 'keeper down before bending space and time to appear as the last man and block a shot. And Curtis Main looks like every defender's worst nightmare to play against. He's rapid across the ground, and he's got the physique to hold off 4 players at a time. 

Also shout out to Sinclair for a dive so bad even his own fans didn't claim for it. 

It does seem like Thomson has a thing against Motherwell, He could have asked the opinion of the assistant refs to see what they had to say because it was cleary hand bags. Instead he had the red out in an instant and couldn't wait to send him off.

Total riddy from Brown.

11 minutes ago, Guts said:

It does seem like Thomson has a thing against Motherwell, He could have asked the opinion of the assistant refs to see what they had to say because it was cleary hand bags. Instead he had the red out in an instant and couldn't wait to send him off.

Total riddy from Brown.

I think even handbags is overselling it. Thomson's theatrical gesturing that it was a stamp is a total riddy as well. 

Don't referees apply their judgement when a certain player has a reputation for playacting or trying to get others sent off? Or are they specifically instructed not to do that and go only by what they see?

2 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

I had assumed he played on then pulled it back for the initial foul.

The red itself reminds me of the one Brown got v Barca in the Champions League a few years back when he done something similar to Neymar. Thought at the time that was harsh but deserved for the stupidity.

4 hours ago, nsr said:

Every club should have one player whose one job is to snap the likes of Brown in half. Or eleven.

The problem is that anyone doing that to Brown wouldn't get away with it. Let's face it, Kipre was red carded for next to nothing so anyone who actually kicked him or put him up in the air would probably face a lengthy ban for "serious foul play" or something along those lines. 

It takes a special level of fuckwittery to surprise me these days - but well done Peter Grant MP - what a cretin.

Surprised he's got time to tweet with his MP job and Scotland no2 position.

59 minutes ago, MJC said:

The problem is that anyone doing that to Brown wouldn't get away with it. Let's face it, Kipre was red carded for next to nothing so anyone who actually kicked him or put him up in the air would probably face a lengthy ban for "serious foul play" or something along those lines. 

True. But it would only need to be done so many times.

5 hours ago, Ross. said:

Was the red card definitely for the daft wee kick? On first view I thought it was the initial challenge from Kipre.

You could argue that the initial challenge was a foul by Brown.

The ball is ahead of him and he lunges in.

Kipré half pulls out of the challenge and Brown catches his standing leg.

Thomson knew exactly what he was doing when he sent kipre off. He knows the rules and he knew that an off the ball kick out had to have either excessive force or brutality. None of which happened. So he either guessed or went by brown over reaction. Either was he's a fucking cheat.

7 hours ago, Romeo said:

It's time to let it go lads.

From a supporter of any other club I would probably agree, but not from a supporter of a club who have;

- Hired a private detective to follow a referee following a defeat in an Old Firm game

- Smashed the same referee's windows after the same game

- Hounded a referee who made a mistake into quitting whilst declaring war on the SFA and end up being responsible for causing a country wide refereeing strike which has never been seen before or since...all just a few months after their manager publically claimed that he wanted his players "to get in referees faces

- Who have club approved films titled 'Anyone but Celtic' being published in a bid to further pedal this myth that there is institutionalised bias against the club despite all the facts to the contrary

- And who cannot accept that referees are human and make mistakes, instead prefer to squeal to anyone who will listen that any decision that doesn't go their way happened because the referee in question is a mason/bigot/orange man/cheat.

Celtic fans have no place to tell ANYONE to 'get over' a refereeing decision 

Archived