Motherwell v Celtic

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Celtic had the game handed to them on a plate by a compliant ref and couldn't even score a goal.  Maybe if the refs didn't help them so much they would know how to actually finish off weaker opposition.

7 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

This is true. However way you look at it, it wasn't a pen. Also, the sending off was soft, but a petulant kick out is just asking for trouble.

I think you'll find the referee's are deliberately targeting Motherwell.

16 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

This is true. However way you look at it, it wasn't a pen. Also, the sending off was soft, but a petulant kick out is just asking for trouble.

Absolutely correct.  However, grabbing an opponent's shirt in your own penalty box is also asking for trouble.  Some you get, some you don't.  That's the way it is.

My own opinion is if a Celtic player had been sent off for what Kipré did, and Celtic hadn't got a penalty for a shirt pull in the box in the 89th minute of a game which ended 0-0, we'd be hearing plenty about it and it would be the main topic in the media for a few days.

You couldn't paint a red neck on these Sellick b*****ds. Sub human scum the majority of them.

It's fun watch them pretend they are enjoying the fact most people are upset the got the decisions yesterday while they really should be beeling they failed to breakdown Motherwell with all the advantages they had.

Just now, Desp said:

Absolutely correct.  However, grabbing an opponent's shirt in your own penalty box is also asking for trouble.  Some you get, some you don't.  That's the way it is.

My own opinion is if a Celtic player had been sent off for what Kipré did, and Celtic hadn't got a penalty for a shirt pull in the box in the 89th minute of a game which ended 0-0, we'd be hearing plenty about it and it would be the main topic in the media for a few days.

Brenda would have went off his nut. Questioning everything that has ever happened and completely contradicting everything he's ever said.

3 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

It's fun watch them pretend they are enjoying the fact most people are upset the got the decisions yesterday while they really should be beeling they failed to breakdown Motherwell with all the advantages they had.

I'm not pretending.

56 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

I wouldn't disagree with this at all, it was daft from Kipré, but at the same time, it's just a bit galling that it is the second time this season that what has been a good, competitive game between Motherwell and Celtic has been spoiled (certainly from our perspective) by the same referee, for me, guessing at a decision, and somehow punishing the same player. 

I agree as well, that it would've been a very soft penalty as well, but given that he's now given two penalties against us this season for significantly less contact than Hendry had on Main, you can see why people are asking for it.

I would say Craig Thomson is biased in favour of Celtic or really hates Motherwell but I think he's just a shite ref. Can vaguely recall him shafting Celtic in one of the cups a few years back.

43 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

I wouldn't disagree with this at all, it was daft from Kipré, but at the same time, it's just a bit galling that it is the second time this season that what has been a good, competitive game between Motherwell and Celtic has been spoiled (certainly from our perspective) by the same referee, for me, guessing at a decision, and somehow punishing the same player. 

I agree as well, that it would've been a very soft penalty as well, but given that he's now given two penalties against us this season for significantly less contact than Hendry had on Main, you can see why people are asking for it.

This is kind of my issue as well. Even going back to the Dunne sending off in Perth where Cummins fell over there was a player in his line of vision between him and the incident and beyond that he can't see through Dunne as to whether there was/wasn't a trip. In the end he's guessed and his decision was overturned. The sending off in the LC final was a similar circumstance though obviously we didn't appeal that.

As far as yesterday goes you can tell from the footage that he's following the ball and more than likely sees the "incident" in his periphery vision. It may well be an #honestmistake and from his POV it looked worse than it was but it's still problematic that again he's gone straight for a red card for an incident that there's a fair chance he's guessing at.

Given we've lodged the appeal today then if it's overturned then 2 of 4 straight red cards shown by Thomson will have been rescinded with a 3rd falling squarely into the dubious category. That really isn't a good look.

14 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Given we've lodged the appeal today then if it's overturned then 2 of 4 straight red cards shown by Thomson will have been rescinded with a 3rd falling squarely into the dubious category. That really isn't a good look.

I couldn't actually remember whether it was the Linesman that gave the Carson one as well, given that from memory, he was miles away, buuuuut

I'm not intending this to come over as a Celtic related gripe either, just a collection of the big decisions he's made against us this year have an element of guess-work in them, which is just a chunk of misfortune that they've all been him, and all on us, but it just feels a bit ridiculous, really.

Archived