Elgin v Berwick

Shane was on the bench and it will interesting to see if Gav Price will risk him in the remaining games, as  the next couple of weeks are quite busy with midweeks as well, so he may still have a role to play.

After the total no show in Edinburgh last week(that was the worst  performance that I have seen from an Elgin team for a long time.Edinburgh City thoroughly deserved their win  but we were awful in every position and as a team we never showed up) this was a complete turnaround  and  although I was expecting a bit more from Berwick, the City defence were excellent(Bronsky was my MOTM, a view shared by others that I spoke to) and kept any threat limited to a couple of opportunities.

Apart from the first 20 minutes of the second half, Berwick were never really a threat, a view shared by the few Berwick fans that I spoke to on the train back home.

We will have to play to a similar level tonight if we are going to get anything out of a game against an improved Clyde team that is also looking at getting into the play off positions.  

Archived