Jamie Carragher

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, The Moonster said:

He says he lost his rag after being goaded 3 or 4 times on the motorway and being filmed.  How many times do you reckon he was goaded during a 90 minute football match? He's a complete fanny, he knew he was being filmed and still decided spitting at them was the best solution. Deserves all he gets, regardless of the bawbag winding him up.

Exactly what I've said to folk about this. He's played games against the likes of Man United and Everton over the years where he will have been given dogs abuse. I've not watched the video admittedly, only the bit where Carragher gobs on the lass, but I can't imagine anything was being said that was so much worse than what he will have heard in his playing career.

Obviously the guy giving him abuse is an absolute melt but Carragher knowing that he was being filmed and then deciding to spit on a lassie is probably one of the dumbest things I have ever seen in my life.

Sky Sports should sack him.

26 minutes ago, RiG said:

I've not watched the video admittedly

Obviously the guy giving him abuse is an absolute melt

You should watch the video, it wasn’t even abuse 

It’s easy to say the abuse he got when playing should mean he can keep his cool in a totally different situation. Very few of us can guess how it must have felt for Carragher driving away from Old Trafford as an ex Liverpool player after the game and how much stress he was under at the time. Also the way it must feel to have random members of the public film you to try and get a reaction out of you when you are already in a bad mood isn’t something we can all relate to either. I put his reaction down to a combination of road rage and having a stranger wind him up whilst pointing a camera at him. It’s not fair to compare this to having abuse shouted at him from the terraces IMO.

It's absolutely minging and he should 100% get sacked for it

I feel for the daughter as she's obviously mortified by the whole situation, the dad is an absolute w**k for uploading that to the internet and ensuring that it will follow her forever. Could have just reported Carragher without publicly embarrassing his daughter and providing evidence of himself breaking the law.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

It’s easy to say the abuse he got when playing should mean he can keep his cool in a totally different situation. Very few of us can guess how it must have felt for Carragher driving away from Old Trafford as an ex Liverpool player after the game and how much stress he was under at the time. Also the way it must feel to have random members of the public film you to try and get a reaction out of you when you are already in a bad mood isn’t something we can all relate to either. I put his reaction down to a combination of road rage and having a stranger wind him up whilst pointing a camera at him. It’s not fair to compare this to having abuse shouted at him from the terraces IMO.

Utterly bizarre logic.

Why would he be under more stress leaving Old Trafford as a pundit after a derby loss than leaving Old Trafford as a player after a derby loss?

Do you believe this is the first time Carragher has been abused by Man Utd fans in public?

Do you believe the abuse he received from fans during games is worse or tamer than the abuse he received from that guy in the car?

We can all relate to people winding us up when we're in a bad mood, I doubt you'd find many people who felt spitting at that person was a fair and justified response.

Sky won't sack him - I'm not saying they shouldn't but I don't think they will. Horrible thing to do at any time but as folks have said, being an ex-professional you would think he'd have a bit more experience than most of how to ignore situations.

If Sky sacked him for that then I'd imagine folks would also be asking for Kirsty Gallacher to get sacked due to the drink driving charge she got done for. Far more dangerous than what Carragher did yet it almost seems to be 'acceptable' for folks in the public eye to not have any work consequences from the drink drive bans.

I reckon he'll most likely be dropped for the remainder of this seasons games and back next season.

Archived