The Easily Movable Object vs The Entirely Stoppable Force

4-4-2 is actually a decent idea IMO. With Dick and Smith less likely to get forward than Boomer and Wardrop there's no real need to have two defensive midfielders covering and Russell is the type of guy who works well with a partner.

I say let's see 4-4-2 on Saturday and if we don't we'll start a campaign to get OKI III onto the coaching staff.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that Walsh could do a Stanton-esque job in midfield.  I could be misremembering here, but I'm sure there was a period where I'm sure he played there for Rangers Reserves (under Durrant) when I used to go to games at Murray Park, so it's not totally alien to him.

Playing with a midfield duo of Carsy (solid and disciplined, but not going to drive with the ball) and Hutton (really good with time and space, less good without it, not going to drive with the ball) is only going to end one way.

Big team found ;)

Dumbartons main problem as I see it is the recent loss of Wardrope and McLaughlin. Not only were they decent defenders but a lot of attacking play was contributed by them . I would go as far as saying that Wardrope is the best player in our squad and like McRorie for Rangers from  last season is good enough to play for the Celtic first team . Our decline recently has coincided with the injuries to the two full backs and if we  end up in the play offs it is vital that those two are fit to play.

5 hours ago, Scottylintonstowel said:

Dumbartons main problem as I see it is the recent loss of Wardrope and McLaughlin. Not only were they decent defenders but a lot of attacking play was contributed by them . I would go as far as saying that Wardrope is the best player in our squad and like McRorie for Rangers from  last season is good enough to play for the Celtic first team . Our decline recently has coincided with the injuries to the two full backs and if we  end up in the play offs it is vital that those two are fit to play.

Totally agree.

7 hours ago, Scottylintonstowel said:

Hopefully your problem will be Dylan Mackin on Saturday.  The Livi guys said he had a field day the last time they were there. 

On 31/01/2018 at 14:20, Scottylintonstowel said:

The main difference here is that when McRorie was at us last season I don't think many (if any) sons fans thought he was near good enough for them in the top division.

Confirmed that Stewart, Wadrop and McLaughlin all still out, along with Dougie Hill. I would really like to see us try the 4-4-2 OKI mentioned, whilst we need to show Brechin respect we don't need to be as defensive as we normally are. Just have Carswell sit on the half way line kicking anything that moves and let the rest do what they can do. 

Despite our shite form, I'm actually really looking forward to tomorrow. The Andy Stirling effect.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Confirmed that Stewart, Wadrop and McLaughlin all still out, along with Dougie Hill. I would really like to see us try the 4-4-2 OKI mentioned, whilst we need to show Brechin respect we don't need to be as defensive as we normally are. Just have Carswell sit on the half way line kicking anything that moves and let the rest do what they can do. 

Despite our shite form, I'm actually really looking forward to tomorrow. The Andy Stirling effect.

I'm not :(

If Froxy, Walsh, Beany and Stirling all start then we should offer something going forward - irrespective of how the team is set out.
But yeah, 2 up top would mark a welcome departure from the last 6 years.
This ^^ for me with froxy sitting deeper to dictate play. Not quite a diamond more a flat 4 with Carsy doing the discplined/holding role and push beanie up top with Nisbett making a nuisance of himself.

14 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

:lol: !   I take it the forecast is shite tomorrow then ? 

Middle of the park is like a bowl of porridge. Needs verti drained to sort it but can't get a machine on it just now. Going to cut up big time. Actually looks ok to until you step on it.

Archived